Help to find movie

Guest EmiloGoStilo

Guest EmiloGoStilo

Hey

I'm a danish fan of Hong Kong movies and I got a question! Hope you can help me!

I am looking for a swordplay/kung fu movie, I saw as a child.

I'm almost sure it's a Shaw Brothers movie. As I remember it's the same style (sets and costumes) as in Come Drink With Me with that great sixties/seventies Shaw Brothers look to it.

Plot: All I remember is that we follow a man and a woman. In one scene they fight their way up through a pagoda. The hero has hidden blades in his boots/shoes, and the woman throws pearls from her necklace.

They fight fewer, but tougher oppenents every time they reach a new/higher storey.

At the top they fight two shaolintype monks.

In the end fight of the movie they fight the bad guy in a outdoor set. The hero dies, but the woman survives.

I know the informations are few, but I hope you can connect them with one of the many great shaw brothers movies.

Emil Petersen

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EmiloGoStilo

Okay, I have just watched Shaolin Intruders trailer on youtube, and it isnt that one.. I'm not to sure about what I wrote about the end fight, the fight in the pagoda is what I remember the best, with these different levels and the heroes hidden blades in his shoes:)

Guest oldeschool17
Its possible its Avenging eagle, but there is no woman involved in the fights.

I dont think its avenging eagle because of the pearls and shaolin monks part. Are we sure its even a shaw bros production?

Guest EmiloGoStilo

No, not really sure that it is a Shaw Brothers production..

but I remember it as a high budget movie though and with greats sets.. Don't think it's taiwanese or fillipin production, but I'm not 100% sure..

Maybe a Golden Harvest production?

And as I recall while the fight in the pagoda is going on, another guy (maybe the bad guy) is training with a pole in a yard another place.. I know it's a longshot, but hope someone can connect it to a movie

Guest ironfistedmonk

Could be a Polly Shang Kuan movie, I vaguely remember her fighting her way up a pagoda inside Shaolin Temple with another actor, I think it was Shaolin Death Squad (not to be confused with Shaolin Kids) but this could just be me getting my film wires crossed again!

In Seven spirit pagoda, Chia Ling (or perhaps Xu Feng, I don't remember) has to fight in a pagoda in order to get a medicine for her sister. I don't remember if there is a man helping her or not.

Archived