Japanese occupation

Guest KenoBeno

Guest KenoBeno

Hey

In my younger years I attended a Taekwondo class and one evening they showed a movie that made a big impacht on me.

It was about, I think two brothers, fighting for liberation of the japanese occupation. They made a good job of it, but in the finalscenes they hade to fight guns with there hands and feet. The ultermatly died to my grif.

I cant remember the name of the movie and that makes It hard to find it again.

Can anybody help me???

A danish fan

KenoBeno

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shaolindogma

The only thing i can think of is maybe Perl in Command (ive only seen that movie once about 10 years ago), and a long long shot might be The Dumb Boxer(same as above). Do you remember anything else about it?

Guest KenoBeno

Hello Knockabout. Nice to know Im not alone. Lol

Im not sure. It seems to be a comedy, wich I dont recall the one im thinking about to be. And the heroes shot guns, wich I think was an act only used by the cowards in the movie.

The end scene, as I can remember, is about the two heroes attacking the local japanese warlord with there bare hands and...ehh feet.

The fight bravly but the warlord gives orderes to shot them and the heros die.

The fact that the heroes died made a big impact on me.

KenoBeno

Guest Chinatown Kid

It could also be the Shaw film Boxer Rebellion, where the Chinese were fighting the Japanese and Russian forces that were invading China. The Boxers thought their "magical" Kung fu would protect them from the invaders guns but sadly they found out it was not true and were massacred. This film starred Chin Kwan Chun, Fu Sheng and Beardy.

Guest KenoBeno

I have read the plot of boxer rebellion but there are still some plotlinies that dosent macthup with my memory of the movie.

It might be China instead of Korea, but Im sure that the movie ends with the heroes death. And Im almost sure that the two heroes tried to beat the local japanese warlord alone.

KenoBeno

Guest Chinatown Kid

Ok, if it's not Boxer Rebellion or Anonymous Heroes then I have no idea. There's so many films with the Chinese fighting the invading Japanese that it would be hard to pinpoint without more info on the stars, studio, or more plot details. Hopefully someone will come up with the one your looking for though. :)

Guest KenoBeno

I have contactet one of my friends who also have seen it. Unfortunatly he cant remember the titel. But he is sure that its Japans occupation of Korea and not China the movie is about.

He also recalls the heros death in the end.

KenoBeno

Guest KenoBeno

I have talk to my friend again to get more info on the movie.

he said that it wasent two brothers but to men who in the 3 act joined forces. Up to that point we follow them sepretly.

In the end they are the only ones attacking the japansese warlord and actually the succes in some way but then the warlord dobbeltcrosses them cowardly and orders there shoting. As we recall it they continue to shot long after they most have died. I think you se there tombstones.... crosses in the finalshot.

Please help me find this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KenoBeno

Guest kungfood

I don't remember the title, but I remember a '70s-era Korean film I saw back in the early '80s in which two Korean patriotic fighters, one played by Casanova Wong, fought the Japanese occupiers. I think they both died at the end as well.

It's really difficult, because I think in the '70s there were probably dozens of movies from HK, Taiwan, and Korea that featured the same or similar plot-line.

Archived