The Pinky Violence Collection: how many films?

bamboo spear

I've got Sex & Fury and have Female Yakuza on order. I've seen ads for three films called Female Demon Ohyaku, Quick Draw Ohkatsu and Ohkatsu the Fugitive. Are there more?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from teh ones already mentioned above, the following is available on reg1 dvd:

-Female scorpion series - the first 3 of these get the highest possible recommendation, the 4th is not bad in itself but suffers in comparison to the others

-Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs - not quite as great as Female scorpion but still very good and very much worth seeking out

-Stray Cat Rock: Sex Hunter - a little softer and gentler than other entries in the genre, and very stylish. Meiko Kaji is exceptional as always

-The Rica series - mediablasters is putting these out now, they're up to the second movie of the trilogy. I personally thought it was inferior to just about everything listed above, but other reviews rated it pretty high so I guess you got to find out for yourself

then there's some stuff that is not quite pinky violence but in the same ballpark, which you might also enjoy:

-Blind Woman's Curse - Teruo Ishii mixes elements of pinky violence, horror and chambara, good stuff

-School of the Holy Beast - Japanese Nunsploitation. It wasn't bad, but honestly I prefer european nunsploitation

-Lady Snowblood series - this is more or less straightforward chambara with Meiko Kaji and the protagonist of the title. There are two films of which the first one is a classic, the second one not so much

-Flower & Snake - haven't seen this one, i believe it's a sexploitation/horror hybrid heavy on the S&M

What about Sex & Fury and Female Yakuza ? Aren't they considered part of the Pinky Violence collection ?

these were released at the same time but were not included in the pink-vinyl covered box set, nor were they ever packaged with any of the movies from that boxset in any way

both of those slaughter just about every movie in that boxset anyway

This fall Synapse is finally going to be releasing the two Wandering Ginza Butterfly films, starring the lovely Meiko Kaji.

http://outcastcinema.blogspot.com/

They're of a lesser quality compared to some of her more noted works, but well worth checking out.

My website Infini-Tropolis.com will beginning our own Pinky Violence tribute in the coming weeks:

160ufbn.jpg

I'll post more details as we begin releasing content.

There are a lot of Pinky Violence movies that haven't been released legit, but the Fansubbers have released a lot of there movies, such as CK.

Here's a list of the available Region 1 Pinky Violence films I have for those still wondering what titles are out there:

Female Prisoner #701 1,3,4 (The second was once available through image in a crappy hard subbed version, which was eventually ported by Eureka in the UK)

Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs

Criminal Woman: Killing Melody

Terrifying Girls' High School: Lynch Law Classroom

Girl Boss Guerilla

Delinquent Girl Boss: Blossoming Night Dreams

Delinquent Girl Boss: Worthless To Confess

Sex & Fury (OOP?)

Female Yakuza Tale - Inquisition and Torture

Girl Boss Revenge

Blind Woman's Curse

Stray Cat Rock: Sex Hunter

Female Demon Ohyaku

Quick-Draw Okatsu

Okatsu the Fugitive

Rica 1-3

Bohachi Bushido: Code of the Forgotten Eight

Lady Snowblood 1-2

School of the Holy Beast

I agree CK has some great titles worth looking into, which unfortunately haven't been given the region 1 treatment.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Blind Womans Curse and the Okatsu films ARE good stuff. There is one Okatsu film that co-stars Wakayama Tomisaburo. Great film.

Don't forget Shintaro Katsu's Hanzo The Razor. They're not too bad.

There is one Okatsu film that co-stars Wakayama Tomisaburo. Great film.

That's first in the series, Female Demon Ohyaku. It's the best of the "trilogy" for sure.

Haven't watched the Razor trilogy in years, but if you're looking for cheese, tits and gore this is a series for you.

That's first in the series, Female Demon Ohyaku. It's the best of the "trilogy" for sure.

Wakayama is also in the second film Quick Draw Okatsu and he does some fighting in that one (he doesn't fight in the first film).

Wakayama is also in the second film Quick Draw Okatsu and he does some fighting in that one (he doesn't fight in the first film).

Good call.

I thought Female Demon Ohyaku was more chamara.

I would say it qualifies as both.

kungpowmaster

The craziest Pinky film I have that I have watched is Zero Woman Red Handcuffs.

I have but haven't watched yet, the 3 Female Prisoner 701 DVDs from Tokyo Shock. Stray Cat Rock Sex Hunter...

That may be it.

Chosen One

Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs is pretty excessive :D, I only wish they would of played more into the shtick of Zero as you see little off her awesomeness throughout the middle of the film.

The Female Prisoner 701 Scorpion films are the top of the heap when it comes to Pinky, in fact they rank amongst some of the finest exploitation out there and stand well as good films in their own right. It's a shame media blasters misrepresented on the packaging, neglecting to mention they left out the second of the series which is arguably among the greatest of the series.

I have Sex Hunter, but have still yet to watch it. I will say the original Stray Cat Rock is another of my favorites, and I can't wait for CK's coming release of Wild Jumbo.

Archived