For a Few Dollars More-Great movie!!

Guest iron flag

Guest iron flag

Just watched it for the first time in a while and thought: This is the best western I've ever seen! One of my top 10 favorite movies all time. Any other western that compares with it?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly would probably top my list but then I also have a soft spot for Death Rides A Horse and Four of the Apocalypse.

Just watched Companeros for the first time last night...top drawer stuf!!:cool:

Guest froffeecoffee

Don't know if you can compare any other westerns to it, but The Great Silence, Keoma, and The Big Gundown are excellent choices.

Guest teako170

The "Pocket Watch" music is top-notch.

Each of the Dollar Trilogy films have their good points and this Morricone tune really made the film.

Nowwwww, we start.... :D

b2l4IKz3m7c

Guest D_Davis

I love this film. My favorite of the "trilogy," but I must admit to liking Once Upon a Time even more.

For a Few Dollars More is perfectly balanced: it is more complex than A Fistful of Dollars, but more succinct and tense than The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Leone directs the film with a calculated hand, its deliberate pace and desolate setting help to craft the film's mythological foundation. The narrative, like a masterfully composed piece of music, pulses forward with rhythm and builds in intensity, while the haunting melodies and harmonies combine to accentuate the surreal cinematic landscape and the mysterious characters that inhabit it.

...or something.

:)

Guest Dragon Ma

Clint has the most badass intro in this film. I prefer this to The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, it would've been so cool if Leone had been able to get Eastwood, Van Cleef and Gian Maria Volonte for the final film in the trilogy just to cap off the trifecta.

Clint even uses karate.

Guest iron flag

I started watching Companeros last night and fell asleep after 30 minutes. When does the action pick up? All I saw was Franco Nero acting like a comedian...

I started watching Companeros last night and fell asleep after 30 minutes. When does the action pick up? All I saw was Franco Nero acting like a comedian...

Stick with it!!

Beautiful movie. Music, camera, mood, characters, situations. It is Leone. The scene where the hae the feller and his wife and kid was...man. I liked that you heard it but didn't see it. It was that much more powerful, because it was in your head what just happened.

I loved the instability of GMV. For as tough a guy as a appeared, he was very human(the need for the cigarette after the situation in the church.

Cockiness abound in this one as well. Grand, grand cinema.

Terrific film. Once you start digging into the world of Euro-westerns youll find out that Leone's films were the blueprint for just about all of them.

Guest Iron_Jinon

for those who enjoy spaghetti westerns at least these should be watched;

django

one gun hundred graves

the great silence

dollar between the teeth

fighting fists of shanghai joe(sequel should be avoided like a plague)

sabata

the big gundown

I want him dead

I came I saw I shot

after kung-fu,spaghetti western is genre I enjoy most:)

for those who enjoy spaghetti westerns at least these should be watched;

django

one gun hundred graves

the great silence

dollar between the teeth

fighting fists of shanghai joe(sequel should be avoided like a plague)

sabata

the big gundown

I want him dead

I came I saw I shot

after kung-fu,spaghetti western is genre I enjoy most:)

good start, a few more

Keoma (disregard the horrible music)

Companeros (might've already been mentioned)

Texas Adios

Run Man Run

Bullet for the General

Matalo

Grand Duel

there's tons more but this should occupy you for a while

next to english dubbed shaws and other kungfu movies i love spaghetti westerns. a few more titles to add to the must see list--DAY OF ANGER--UP THE MacGREGORS and any of the john garko SARTANA movies.

To me Clint's best movie was the "Outlaw Josey Wales" hands down a Great movie. Not a Spaghetti Western this one an American Western, and it was directed by Clint Eastwood. Don't get me wrong the Leone movies were Awesome as well.

I just watched "4 of the Apocalypse", which i thought was an excellent movie.I see a good list of recommendations,I want to buy a few for Christmas but I'd like to get ones with the more action if possible. Any top 3(action wise)? :)

Django is action packed, that's always a good bet if you don't have it already

And of course, any of Leone's Man with no name trilogy is mandatory. If you're looking for more action i'd suggest going with Fistful of Dollars and A Few Dollars more, Good/Bad/Ugly is the best of the three but it's not exactly an action packed slugfest as it's much longer than the first two and more time is spent on developing each character.

Just saw Django. Very, just, eh. While Nero had the look, I did't find anything that really worked for me. It was rather flat and forced. 10 minutes in, nothing was happening for me and it never changed.

Righteous Master

Yep, there is no doubt about it. For a Few Dollars more is a great film. As others have said so is The Good, The Bad and The ugly (my personal fav). You should also check out Hang Em' High. This is not part of the trilogy, but is a great Clint western movie. I believe he did Hang before the trilogy films.

^I dun check everything before posting but I think he made it later when returned to USA.also "pale rider" and movie which name I dun remember(clint gotten whipped in that one).

and movie which name I dun remember(clint gotten whipped in that one).

That would be High Plains Drifter. A very nice little movie all about revenge!!

ferociousdragon

Yes... For a Few Dollars More is a great film also one of my favs. Clint Eastwood stared in many great westerns . But if you like that one than I'm sure you will enjoy The Sabata trilodgy.1. Sabata 2. Adios Sabata 3.Return Of Sabata.... Lee Van Cleef staring in the first movie and Yul Brynner in the second and Lee Van Cleef returning for the third. A must see for any western fans.

Archived