Wong Fei Hung theme song?

Guest GhostFaceKiller

Guest GhostFaceKiller

Hey guys,

Does anybody know where I can get a copy of this audio track? I'm not talking about the one with multiple orchestrated version used in Once Upon a Uime in China. I'm talking about the old version they used in all the old Shaw movies during training sequences. It was the one used during the training sequence in Drunken Master (not Shaws, my bad) and during the training sequence in Mad Monkey Kung Fu. I've searched everywhere and can't find this song. Is there a Soundtrack CD out for the old Shaw music that appeared in all their movies? I really want to get a copy of this song.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Drunken Monk

I downloaded it from Limewire about two years ago. I'll look to see if I still have it but I doubt it considering I moved countries since then. If I don't have it I'll see if I can find it and download it again later today.

Guest will91XingYu

I tried looking, i got the Once Upon A time in China version and a drum version from soulseek, also a version sung by Jackie Chan! Soulseek is pretty good i got a few Nicholas Tse songs as well, i'm not usually into that canto pop but he's got a few good tracks imo.

Hey guys,

Does anybody know where I can get a copy of this audio track? I'm not talking about the one with multiple orchestrated version used in Once Upon a Uime in China. I'm talking about the old version they used in all the old Shaw movies during training sequences. It was the one used during the training sequence in Drunken Master (not Shaws, my bad) and during the training sequence in Mad Monkey Kung Fu. I've searched everywhere and can't find this song. Is there a Soundtrack CD out for the old Shaw music that appeared in all their movies? I really want to get a copy of this song.

Hey GhostFace, I have a yousendit account and I just uploaded three of the Wong Fei Hung themes! I hope this is what you're lookin for. Their both of moderate quality, good Shaw soundtracks are hard to find, so in effect, this is the best that can be done at the moment :o

The one featured in the Shaw Bros. classic Challenge of the Masters, the only thing is, it is from the intro of the film so you'll here some fighting sounds, but the song is there! This one was orchestrated by Wang Fu-Ling:

http://download.yousendit.com/CF77C35E7ACD128C

The one featured in the drunken gods training scene of Drunken Master, you'll here the moves in this as well as I ripped it from the video I uploaded on Veoh:

http://download.yousendit.com/5908569712270B72

I like all the versions of the Wong Fei Hung theme song. I don't know how you download it, but here is another cool version- http://youtube.com/watch?v=McUHG7Hdw0c

Now I don't know if you knew this, but the official name of that song is actually "The General's Mandate"! That's a useless little tidbit.

By the way, I have so many versions! I have the Mandarin version Jackie Chan sang for Drunken Master II, as well as the slightly more famous Cantonese version George Lam did OUATIC II! Damn catchy little beat :P

Guest GhostFaceKiller

Thank you all for your help. My Gung Fu movie obsession has led to a very serious interest in traditional Chinese Martial arts and I can just train to this song all day long. I have the OUATIC soundtrack and there are like 6 different versions of General's Mandate on there, but now I have even more. Thanks a bunch.

Thank you all for your help. My Gung Fu movie obsession has led to a very serious interest in traditional Chinese Martial arts and I can just train to this song all day long. I have the OUATIC soundtrack and there are like 6 different versions of General's Mandate on there, but now I have even more. Thanks a bunch.

No prob :D Always willing to help!

Archived