AlbertV

Favorite Hui Brothers Movie  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Hui Brothers Movie

• Games Gamblers Play (1974)
    • The Last Message (1975)
    • The Private Eyes (1976)
    • The Contract (1978)

As a fan of Michael Hui in Cannonball Run, I got a chance to see some of the early GH films he made with his brothers Sam and Ricky. Which of these would you consider your favorite?

Games Gamblers Play (1974)

The Last Message (1975)

The Private Eyes (1976)

The Contract (1978)

Personally, I consider The Private Eyes my favorite of the bunch. The kitchen fight, choreographed by Sammo Hung, is an instant classic and the chemistry between the brothers is classic comedy.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

I've only seen two those listed -- you forgot Security Unlimited.

I'm not a Hui Bros fan by any means, but I guess I enjoyed Games Gamblers Play more.

Guest dionbrother

THE LAST MESSAGE. At least most of the gags are original and it puts you in that early 1970s feel rather well. PRIVATE EYES is good, but most of the jokes are nicked from Blake Edwards and Jacques Tati movies.

have seen Games Gamblers Play, The Private Eyes and Chicken & Duck Talk (unrelated). I'd choose The Private Eyes for now, great gags and situations.

just saw The Last Message before and enjoyed it much more than Games Gamblers Play and The Private Eyes. best Hui movie (next to Chicken & Duck Talk) so far.

out of all 70s Hui movies, I gotta pick The Contract. enjoyed it much more than the others plus this was a great show for the trio bros as leading men.

Just got the box set, and watched them one each, 5 nights in a row... I liked them all but don't have a favorite yet. Sorry!

was able to watch Mr Coconut yesterday. it was highly fun, in fact so fun that I would rate it above most of the earlier Hui movies (except The Contrtact and Chicken & Duck Talk). looking forward to see more Hui movies.

One Armed Boxer

masterofoneinchpunch

The Private Eyes followed by The Contact. Games Gamblers Play is my least of the four though I still liked it.

Archived