Tom Yum Goong / The Protector (US) / Warrior King (UK) (2005)

Guest m burlock

Guest udar55

From Twitch:

"The Weinstein Company has announced a North American release date of August 25th for the follow up to Ong Bak. No word yet how widespread the release will be, but it's coming soon, at least. This will be the shorter cut of the film requested by international sales"

Not much time for a advertising lead up. Oh, and it is re-titled THE PROTECTOR (Jackie shakes his head).

www.twitchfilm.net/archives/006796.html

Guest iron flag

Just saw it the other day here in Germany and I must admit, other than the (UNBELEIVABLE!!!) action scenes, probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. :lol

Guest Chen Zhen
other than the (UNBELEIVABLE!!!) action scenes, probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

i'd love to disagree with u, but i really cant...i dont think i could ever sit down and watch the whole film again without my remote in hand..

Guest limubai2000

I think after viewing it a few times (I have no clue how I managed that) I can say "where's my elephants?!" in fluent Thai. :P

Guest Liu chung liang

:lol ok people.... dissing TYG all the time lol.

remember that it is a "martial art action film"... so that's what we get.... a lot of "action" :smokin .

too much dialogue, less action, and we get demolition man. :lol

for the US... they're going to call it "THE PROTECTOR"....

One of Jackie's US movie used that title. They could just call it "The Elephant Boxer" or something like that. I dunno... how about "Restaurant of Dead Animals" lol.

Guest chen lung

Well, let's hope the cuts are reinstated for the DVD, otherwise they'll never earn their respect.

I smell rap/hiphop/Luc Besson-investation for an 'international' (French no doubt) version:( .

Guest The Running Man

Don't know about Luc Besson being invloved for TYG, but there is French hip hop in the version released in France.

The Protector, is that not the dumbest rename they could come up with, just what the f is he suppose to be protecting? He failed to protect his elephant in the first 10 minutes of the movie.:\

Guest Chen Zhen

is it safe to assume itll be redubbed too? its cut, most likely rescored, and retitled...3/3 on the weinstein hack job list...just need to redub it to bring it home |I

Guest Senor Quack

The trailer says "featuring original music by the RZA". I'd say that's sure bet it's been rescored. Ugh! I'm saying hip hop is a bad thing, I just wish they'd quit re-scoring these films.

Guest VenomsFan
what the f is he suppose to be protecting? He failed to protect his elephant in the first 10 minutes of the movie

LOL. He doesn't protect the elephant in the last 10 min either. Will be good to see it on the big screen anyways. But I wonder which RZA they are talking about. Becasue there were 2 different RZA's for the Danny the Dog/Unleashed film. Remember the confusion? One was the hip hop producer, the other was white female the UK singer/composer. They coudn't even get it straight in the many DVD releases to follow.

Guest chen lung

OK, received response from Bey:

"Our TYG AKA The Protector is our unique cut, and has been approved by Prachya and Tony Jaa. We don't have firm specs for the DVD yet, but I certainly want to get the original on there."

Guest Yi Long

Ahhh... a cut version again. great. Thanks Bey! Job well done(!) Awesome(!)

Ah well... I'll be going for a bootleg version then I guess, unless Premier Asia DOES give it an uncut/un****ed release.

I wish people like Harvey and Bey would just fall of a cliff and die...

Guest chen lung
Ahhh... a cut version again. great. Thanks Bey! Job well done(!) Awesome(!)

DVD is yet to come out so let's just see...

Guest Yi Long

You think they'll go through all the trouble of cutting the movie and re-editing it, and inserting a new soundtrack... and then suddenly they'll release an uncut version on DVD!?

I seriously doubt it.

Guest The Running Man

What's funny about the retitling of "The Protector" is that it has nothing to do with the movie. He isn't protecting anybody! In fact, his elephant in the movie was stolen from him and in the entire thing he is trying to find it and get it back. I don't believe that counts as any sort of protection. And as far as human beings go, he is killing almost every person he sees in that movie left and right.

Seems to me Harvey is real hell bent on making a "The Asian-er Box Set" in the future along with "The Defender" and "The Enforcer".

No doubt that puppet Bey Logan is totally supporting this and will claim, "It sells better! Really it does! I know that cause my monthly check arrives next week!" Damn sell out...