Mute Samurai vol.#9

Guest daisho2004

Guest daisho2004

OK I got to watch the 2 new episodes of The Mute Samurai series, these episodes to me where more like something out of a Western movie, meaning he used his Gun more than his Sword but overall this is still a Great series anything with Wakayama Tomisaburo you know has to be good. The 2 episodes are as follows: Episode#17: The Peak of Darkness

Episode#18: The Bandits and the Children - Now this episode was like the 7 Samurai where he comes to the aid of a small village only populated by Young Children and the Elderly. Where the Bandits are trying steal the Gold they have hidden deep in the mountains.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yakuza954

I haven't seen the last few episodes because I'm waiting for the whole thing to get released first, but this is the best Japanese TV Series I've seen so far. Some of the episodes are good enough to have been movies. Granted, I haven't seen that many Japanese TV Series, but compared to the Yagyu Conspiracy, which many consider the best, I think this one is a lot better. If you like watching revenge-themed movies/tv series, this is as good as it gets. The whole show is about the Mute Samurai doing everything in his power to get revenge and the Mute Samurai character is like a more macabre version of Zatoichi. Less jokes and less gambling. The show also has a cool foreign aspect in it too, which you rarely see in Japanese samurai movies and tv series.

Guest Le Péril Jaune

When I watched episode 18, I wished all those horrible children would die: I don't think I've seen such evil and sadistic children since "Children of the Corn"! The glee with which they were looking forward to watching our hero burn alive was rather disturbing:eek:. I only have the second series unsubbed, maybe they come across nicer with subs...

Guest daisho2004

Le Péril Jaune, I do agree those Children were very sadistic but you have to take in the fact what they have been going through and all the Death they have seen around them, Remember "That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes Us Stronger"

Yakuza954, I agree also I can't wait for the rest of this series to be finished. I think it is one of the best series that I've ever watched.

Guest Le Péril Jaune
Remember "That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes Us Stronger"

... or sick in the head which seems to be the case here;) . I would have left those vicious brats to their own devices but Kiichi Hogan's heart is just so big:) .

What had actually happened to them? The boxset has no subs and I don't understand Japanese:( , I love the series never the less.

Guest daisho2004

Nothing he just left them alone,after teaching the Villages how to protect themselves and the final battle with the Bandits he went onto another Journey to get one step closer to getting the money he needs to go to Spain to seek his Revenge.

Guest Le Péril Jaune

I got that, what I meant was the background story: why had the children become like that? Why was the village only populated by the elderly and blood thirsty children?

I sure wish this brilliant series would get an official subbed release, it deserves it.

Guest daisho2004

OK my mistake, I didn't understand your question, I believe that the Parents were out mining, or building something if I recall, that is why they weren't there, now I have to watch it again just to find the answer for you.

And yes this is one series that I would love to see get a legit release.

Archived