Your Favorite Venom

Guest WhiteTiger1

YOUR FAVORITE VENOM  

2 members have voted

1. 1. YOUR FAVORITE VENOM

kungfusamurai
Yeah, I remember liking Lo Meng in The Five Venoms.

SPOILER

Shame he got killed off before the finale

It's not much of a spoiler. How many Venoms flicks did Lo Mang make it to the end? Ten Tigers doesn't count, since he didn't actually fight to the death in his last scene before they cut to the newer footage.

KFS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai
Wow, nice find. Would have expected more acrobatics from him.. maybe he did more as a stuntman before 5DV.

John Lone went to the same Peking Opera school as Lam Ching-Ying, Tai Po, Chiang Wing-Fat (aka Mars), Chung Fat and Chan Lung, but he never did any acrobatics as far as I know. I think there were different components to the school, not just physical acrobatics.

KFS

A Venom poll where you can't vote for Chiang Sheng just seems weird.

my thoughts exactly!

In my opinion, Chiang Sheng was the most overrated one in the bunch.

His kung fu fighting skills just didn't look credible to me, and he was flipping around way too much.

He had some nice moves in Two Champions of Shaolin, but other than that he just didn't do it for me.

Sorry to say, but that's just my opinion. May he rest in peace.

I'm always surprised that Chiang Sheng isn't rated higher and haven't read him being overrated before this post. Alongside Kuo Chui(the first venom that caught my eye, impressing me during Rebel intruders) Chiang Sheng is probably my favourite venom not just in this movie but overall. I have to say though that Lo Meng was very good in this movie too.

It's not much of a spoiler. How many Venoms flicks did Lo Mang make it to the end?

KFS

Tough question without checking dvd-collection..I would say now he survives in two and attends to end fight in about 5???

I'm always surprised that Chiang Sheng isn't rated higher and haven't read him being overrated before this post. Alongside Kuo Chui(the first venom that caught my eye, impressing me during Rebel intruders) Chiang Sheng is probably my favourite venom not just in this movie but overall. I have to say though that Lo Meng was very good in this movie too.

He is best in leaps and nice one with weapons but not so convincing without them. And as actor I would say he is weakest of 5...When comes to acting Kuo Chui and Lo Meng makes always very good team, I bet they are very good real life buddies also.

I voted scorpion for fact sun chien does not get enough to do at CC movies. Same is of course with LM..Yeah, I know thing they are not acrobats but still some more visible roles would have been OK instead of mostly being slaughtered before end;)

He is best in leaps and nice one with weapons but not so convincing without them. And as actor I would say he is weakest of 5...When comes to acting Kuo Chui and Lo Meng makes always very good team, I bet they are very good real life buddies also.

I voted scorpion for fact sun chien does not get enough to do at CC movies. Same is of course with LM..Yeah, I know thing they are not acrobats but still some more visible roles would have been OK instead of mostly being slaughtered before end;)

To be fair I'm still new to Shaw Bros and the venoms, so perhaps instead of noticing weaknesses I'm just enjoying their strengths.:xd:

well if they were being made today none of them would get slaughtered before the end so that they could make sequels.

To be fair I'm still new to Shaw Bros and the venoms, so perhaps instead of noticing weaknesses I'm just enjoying their strengths.:xd:

well if they were being made today none of them would get slaughtered before the end so that they could make sequels.

They have none weaknesses...some are just better in other area than others...Chiang Sheng not as good actor as Lo Meng but in acrobat fights do his stuff so nicely, Sun Chien kicks better than rest etc...they are strong as TEAM:bigsmile:

Toad all the way, baby! When I first saw 5 Deadly Venoms on T.V. back in '82 or '83, he was my immediate favorite. So naturally, he is betrayed, drugged, had his ears puntured rendering him helpless, placed in an Iron Maiden, suffered the Iron Coat, smothered to death and then hung.... I was severly bummed. :cry:

Has to be Lizard-Kwok Choy-always superb in every Venoms classic (including my favourite Sword Stained) and a really cool guy to meet (multiple times in 1997) too!! He was so happy when I produced a bunch of Venoms posters for him to sign, he hadnt seen them for years!!

Kwok Choy that 5oclock shadow. he's the coolest.

he doesn't play at all in 5 deadly venoms.

lizard

scorpion

toad

snake

centipede

1-Snake: I have always been a fan of Snake styles.

2- Toad: Really cool character, shame he had to die the way he did.:frown:

3- Lizard: Sticking to walls looks cool.:cool:

4- Centipede: His style is kind of cool.

5- Scorpion: He is pretty much a back stabbing jerk.

What about second lizard? Why didn't he make the list? :o)

He would be my favorite then the Toad. He was the smartest and he also knew all the styles (even if he hadn't completely mastered them).

In Crippled Defenders (aka Five Deadly Venoms 2), he was the good one that came to everybody's rescue at great harm to himself.

If I had to make a list it would be in this order:

1. Second Lizard

2.) The Toad

3.) Lizard

4.) Snake (because he had remorse from what he had done).

5.) Scorpion (the baddest dude ever lol)

6.) Centipede (last only because his character was reduced to cliche bad guy with hysterial laugh - his fight looked the most dangerous and was the fast out of all of them).

Archived