Rare Movies

Guest rederror

Guest Drunken Monk

I've been looking for "One Sword Stabs at the Sun" aka "Sword Shot at the Subn" with absolutely no luck whatsoever.

You can see a great scene from it 30 seconds into this video...

6Z-q1ixyr7E

5 Element Boxer

I have this one movie on VHS entitled Consumate Power aka Sha-olin Tongzigong (1986). It has the old Martial Arts Video label on the front and back covers. And the label on the VHS tape itself is a homemade sticker which someone typed onto from a computer. I still have yet to see this movie for sale on DVD. I can't even find any reviews on it. But from looking at the info on the back cover, it stars Jet Lee II and Zhang Long, and was directed by Shih Hou. The front cover has a portrait of the real-life 32nd Abbot of Shaolin, Hai-Deng, who was highlighted in the documentary entitled "Shaolin Kung Fu" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGP-wDjof4o ). I think he had something to do with the production. Below is the front cover.

source: http://www.kungfumovies.net/14424.html

14424.jpg

Anyone else seen or heard of this movie before?

Guest Morgoth
I've been looking for "One Sword Stabs at the Sun" aka "Sword Shot at the Subn" with absolutely no luck whatsoever.

6Z-q1ixyr7E

that is such an awesome scene. It has to be one of Meng Fei's better movies. I have been looking for that movie for a while too. I didn't even know what it was called, so thanks for the info.

that is such an awesome scene. It has to be one of Meng Fei's better movies. I have been looking for that movie for a while too. I didn't even know what it was called, so thanks for the info.

The teeth on those dudes in the beginning were brutal! :confused:

Guest Morgoth
The teeth on those dudes in the beginning were brutal! :confused:

The Wu Tang Clan are not known for their teeth:D

And right as the first clip ends I think Ol dirty Bastard is putting his pants back on or something. really weird.

Guest teako170
There is no sad news about RARESCOPE!!! I don't know what you people are talking about, this is the second post where someone thought they were closing down. They're still around and have already released a list of future DVDs! :mad:

OK, I'll tell you what I know.

Some months ago, Toby Russell mentioned on falkor's site that the Rarescope "label" (not a company) was coming to an end. G's forum has had a lot of techie glitches in recent months, so I haven't been able to access it to see if this news has been reversed.

Indeed, Rarescope did post future releases well in advance and of course some of these were already in the pipeline - hence we just had the recent release of DS/SNR 2-pack.

Other films that were mentioned for future release:

- King of Fists & Dollars

- Ninja In Ancient China

- Chinese Hercules

- Cub Tiger from Kwangtung

I don't believe any of these have actually come out however if Rarescope was still kicking out discs, why is Ninja In AC now going to be released by greenfandvd.com?

I don't say I have my finger on the pulse of Rarescope. Believe you me, I don't want Rarescope to cease either. All I'm stating is what Toby mentioned some months back. Now, Sifu, if you have newer information (not forum hearsay) from either Toby or Cliff at BCI, then please let us know. Thanks...

Guest will91XingYu

I don't think they're closing, the films you listed have been released along with Warriors of the Sung Dynasty and Damce of Death, thanks for the information, i hope they don't go out of buisness theyr'e reallly good!

To tell you the truth, from what I've seen on Amazon and other sites it seemed that these DVD releases were a sign that RARESCOPE was not going under! But now that you say that Toby even confirmed it and others are releasing those titles like greenfandvd.com, (I just visited the website and never heard of them before) that means that Toby and RARESCOPE are most likely selling their releases before they totally shut down.

If you look on Amazon, all releases end in November, in other words, NOW! So I'm with teak on this, I believe their done, obviously if someone finds info elswhere please tell us. For now, as we speak I'm on Google trying to scrounge some info or news together. But it doesn't look good. Quite sad really :( Back to budgets!

In the meantime, there are still a couple releases of their's that I haven't bought of seen, can you seem give a thumbs up or down for either of these two? Please include how the prints looked!

c861wu8.jpg

I don't think they're closing, the films you listed have been released along with Warriors of the Sung Dynasty and Damce of Death, thanks for the information, i hope they don't go out of buisness theyr'e reallly good!

The following have not been released by Rarescope:

- King of Fists & Dollars

- Ninja In Ancient China

Ninja In Ancient China will see a release in the UK before the end of the year courtesy of Greenfan DVD:D

Guest ironfistedmonk

Ninja in Ancient China is penciled in for a December release and Dream Sword is hopefully due for a January release from Greenfan, we should all support these releases, both movies are well worth a watch and if we wanna see more from Greenfan then we need to get behind them.

Ninja in Ancient China is easily the best of the new venoms movies and everyone should check it out, it's Chang Cheh and its got Ninjas, nuff said :D

Ninja in Ancient China is penciled in for a December release and Dream Sword is hopefully due for a January release from Greenfan, we should all support these releases, both movies are well worth a watch and if we wanna see more from Greenfan then we need to get behind them.

Ninja in Ancient China is easily the best of the new venoms movies and everyone should check it out, it's Chang Cheh and its got Ninjas, nuff said :D

Is it only gonna be released and sold fromm greenfanDVD.com, I mean I know it's exclusively their's but are they releasing it on other websites and stores? :confused:

I'm kinda interested to see how good the print looks since it came out in '89!

Brigadier Chow

6Z-q1ixyr7E

THIS IS NOT "SWORDSHOT AT THE SUN" THIS IS A SCENE FROM "TAKE THE RAP" RE CUT INTO A 1996 MENG FEI MOVIE CALLED "CLAN OF AMAZONS" I HAVE THESE AS WELL. SORRY GUYS I SAW THE THREAD AT WORK AND THERE IS NO ACCESS TO VIDEO THERE.

Guest Drunken Monk
THIS IS NOT "SWORDSHOT AT THE SUN" THIS IS A SCENE FROM "TAKE THE RAP" RE CUT INTO A 1996 MENG FEI MOVIE CALLED "CLAN OF AMAZONS" I HAVE THESE AS WELL. SORRY GUYS I SAW THE THREAD AT WORK AND THERE IS NO ACCESS TO VIDEO THERE.

It seems I was incorrectly informed. I see there is an available release of "Clan of Aamzons." Is it worth the purchase or should I seek out "Take the Rap?"

Guest will91XingYu

I've seen all the fights, and they are really really good. Lu Feng and Chiang Sheng have comedy roles but get to show off their skills a fair bit, but Peter Cheng (Method Man) is incredible in this and so is the other guy i think it could be Tung Hwa Chung (Crane Fighters, Nine Demons) but i'm not sure. If you could find this cheap i'd say get it.