Rare Movies

Guest rederror

Guest rederror

I know there has been big discussions about rare films here on the board over the years but just thought i'd ask. I know Snake Deadly Act was quoted as The Rarest kung fu movie in the world (here in the UK) when it was released by Eastern heroes. I just wondered if anybody knows of any rare films that the kung fu fan is really missing out on in terms of fight scenes?

Guest WhiteTiger1
I know there has been big discussions about rare films here on the board over the years but just thought i'd ask. I know Snake Deadly Act was quoted as The Rarest kung fu movie in the world (here in the UK) when it was released by Eastern heroes. I just wondered if anybody knows of any rare films that the kung fu fan is really missing out on in terms of fight scenes?

There are movie's that are far more rare then Snake Deadly Act, there's at lease two Shaw's off the top of my head

1.Tiger Boy

2. To Kill A Mastermind

And all kinds of Mainland and Independent films that are rare...Reason most are rare is because of greedy people who don't share.. I have over 1200 Kung Fu movie's and that don't even touch the surface of some of these collector's on this forum I do have many rarities mind you but quality on most of the really rare movie's are grainy and dark and hard to read subs, I still collect to improve on quality! Look through the TRADING/BUYING/SELLING part of this forum and it will help you to learn what's rare or not. And Classic Kung Fu and Shaw Brother's will also aid in your search...:cool:

Guest will91XingYu

Thunderclap a shaws movie directed by Tony Liang starring Robert Mak and Chen Kuan Tai, i really need to see this movie! Also Ghosts Galore a Hwang Jang Lee shaw brothers film also starring Chin Siu Ho and Lung Tien Tsang. Both of which i really want to get action is by Hsu Hsia.

Guest Coward Bastard

In this era, the only films that are really rare are either being hoarded or cannot be sourced. I don't think anyone really considered Snake Deadly Act to be the Rarest Film at any time really, but it's claver marketing hype.... I guess.

I'm sure that there are great films and great fights that our community has yet to see, however it's less of an issue now as there are more films available now than most of us will have time to watch in our lifetime.

There do remain some holy grail films, especially in terms of print. These days it seems like real rarities are considered the widescreen or the dub or sub of a certain film.

Thunderclap a shaws movie directed by Tony Liang starring Robert Mak and Chen Kuan Tai, i really need to see this movie! Also Ghosts Galore a Hwang Jang Lee shaw brothers film also starring Chin Siu Ho and Lung Tien Tsang. Both of which i really want to get action is by Hsu Hsia.

You mean IVL and Celestial didn't get their hands on it! :eek:d

In this era, the only films that are really rare are either being hoarded or cannot be sourced.

A good example of this would be with Wong Tao, he owns several of the original reels of his classics. And until a company like RARESCOPE does, and DID as the commentary of Along Comes a Tiger revealed, ask to buy the film they're pretty much just collecting dust!

I keep mentioning RARESCOPE all the time on this discussion board because ,even though the prints aren't the greatest, they're getting alot of unknown and previously lost films on DVD. They're not your everyday budget release company, Toby Russell is doing a great job with them!

Rarescope%20Along%20Comes%20The%20Tiger.jpgRarescope%20Drunken%20Dragon.jpg

Guest teako170
I keep mentioning RARESCOPE all the time on this discussion board because ,even though the prints aren't the greatest, they're getting alot of unknown and previously lost films on DVD.

Yeah, its a shame it didn't last very long.

Guest will91XingYu

I saw they brought out a second demo reel for new films, the latest one was Dance of Death with Angela Mao. Drunken Dragon was really good! And no they're not brining out Thunderclap!

Guest Morgoth

I am looking forward to that Dream Sword/Sword Named Revenge 2-pack. Peringaten posted a clip of Lung fei doing some brilliant stuff with an axe-

It would be awesome if the print looked that good.

the latest one was Dance of Death with Angela Mao.

Their latest release which I just got done watching about 10mins ago is Warriors From The Water Margin, I'm not sure if that is a retitle but it's a very good mainland film full of Wushu wizardry and lots of excellent weapons work.

The DVD features the English dub track as well as the Mandarin audio track and remastered English subs.

Well worth £5.99 of anyones money!

Guest ironfistedmonk

spoilers

Could this be Warriors of the Sung Dynasty? If there is a tournament fight at the end between the rebel fighters and fighters from the government then thats the one. I would recommend this to anyone, none of that namby pamby fighting like in Undaunted Wu Tang :)

Guest will91XingYu

I think this is Warriors of the Sung Dynasty! Oh my god iv'e been searching for this movie everywhere!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up Fabhiu your a legend!!!!!

Guest Morgoth
none of that namby pamby fighting like in Undaunted Wu Tang :)

:mad:

If it is Warriors of Sung Dynasty I have to have it. I saw that clip on youtube and that is the best drunken style I have ever seen in a movie.

Guest will91XingYu

It is the same movie! Holy shit iv'e wanted to see this for a few years now! That drunken style is insane, it's called Drunken Wizard, it's supposed to be the best mainland film ever!

Yeah, its a shame it didn't last very long.

No, the company is still around, I'm interested in seeing more prints. And now that you mention it I just uploaded two big scenes from Drunken Dragon on my Veoh channel. I posted a list of movie scenes on this thread yesterday that I'm uploading up in the next couple weeks. :cool:

I think you'll be impressed by the quality of the prints from this company if you haven't seen them yet. On top of that, they usually run for 7 bucks! :eek:

Guest will91XingYu

Thanks for the videos, love this movie! Sun Kwok Ming is insane! Cool to see Yeung Hung in his weirdest role ever! Also Chiu Tai Ping of the baby venoms is in it and Chan Lung and Chiang Sheng! William Yen was great in this as well!

Guest Morgoth
No, the company is still around, I'm interested in seeing more prints. And now that you mention it I just uploaded two big scenes from Drunken Dragon on my Veoh channel. I posted a list of movie scenes on this thread yesterday that I'm uploading up in the next couple weeks. :cool:

I think you'll be impressed by the quality of the prints from this company if you haven't seen them yet. On top of that, they usually run for 7 bucks! :eek:

I PMed Teako and he knows what he is talking about, unfortunately. :( Sounds like rarescope is done for. Hopefully that Dream Sword/Sword Named Revenge 2-pack comes out. I am really looking forward to seeing Dream Sword.

Guest Morgoth
Thanks for the videos, love this movie! Sun Kwok Ming is insane! Cool to see Yeung Hung in his weirdest role ever! Also Chiu Tai Ping of the baby venoms is in it and Chan Lung and Chiang Sheng! William Yen was great in this as well!

but none of them can compare to the fat girl. :cool: She was amazing.

Guest JustinB
I PMed Teako and he knows what he is talking about, unfortunately. :( Sounds like rarescope is done for. Hopefully that Dream Sword/Sword Named Revenge 2-pack comes out. I am really looking forward to seeing Dream Sword.

The Dream Sword/Sword Named Revenge DVD is out now (mine just shipped from DeepDiscountDVD).

Sad news about rarescope. Fans who didn't pick up their films are just as bad, in my book, as people who buy redsun crap.

There is no sad news about RARESCOPE!!! I don't know what you people are talking about, this is the second post where someone thought they were closing down. They're still around and have already released a list of future DVDs! :mad:

There is no sad news about RARESCOPE!!! I don't know what you people are talking about, this is the second post where someone thought they were closing down. They're still around and have already released a list of future DVDs! :mad:

My friend, I hope you're right - People are talking about their demise lately, though, not just in this thread. Maybe rarescope's owner can give us some info? They haven't updates their webpage in a while.