Michael Chan Man Wei fighting in the ring

Guest NoNiceTime

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Milkyway

this man brings alot of thoughts that keeps expanding as one is fascinated by them: kickboxing champ, street fighter (heard he fought 13 gangmembers on the streets and beat them all up), former triadmember, ex cop... wow!

Guest Yakuza954

He was an ex cop? Never heard that one.

Footage from one of his fights (could even be this one) was used for the opening credits in Ninja Holocaust.

Guest oldeschool17
How come he's wearing long pants in all the bouts? I thought they had to wear shorts in these matches?

KFS

maybe the heater broke in the venue?

In the audio commentary for Wu-Tang clans release of Kickboxer/Once Upon A Time a Chinese Hero-by Mark Houghton-after talking about the background/history of Hung Gar-Wong Fei Hung-Gwai Gerk Chat (who the movie is about) and his own story Mark lets us in on a few secrets of Hong Kong cinema's shadier side, which he knows well, he informs us that he had recently (2002-when the commentary was filmed in my teacher's London kwoon, I was there when it was being done + did some forms for the Hung Gar docu included on it) found out that ALL Chan Wai Man's ring fights had been fixed.

Discuss...

In the audio commentary for Wu-Tang clans release of Kickboxer/Once Upon A Time a Chinese Hero-by Mark Houghton-after talking about the background/history of Hung Gar-Wong Fei Hung-Gwai Gerk Chat (who the movie is about) and his own story Mark lets us in on a few secrets of Hong Kong cinema's shadier side, which he knows well, he informs us that he had recently (2002-when the commentary was filmed in my teacher's London kwoon, I was there when it was being done + did some forms for the Hung Gar docu included on it) found out that ALL Chan Wai Man's ring fights had been fixed.

Discuss...

What do you mean Chan Wai Man's fights are fixed?

Money is paid someone loses-fight fixing was big in ring fights in las vegas, the Triads did it too. If you can find the D.V.D it is towards the end of the commentary

Sadly Mark Houghton knows Chan Wei Man very well..as they're connected if you get my meaning..so I will take his word for it unless SOMEONE can prove otherwise.

As for the comment about never hearing of a fixed boxing match...come on the American Mafia were at it like crazy in Las vegas in the ol days as were the Triads (who probably still are) all it takes is money.

I have no doubt that some (or all?) of his fights were fixed, but I'm pretty sure both those guys he fought in that video were out cold when they hit the canvas. Hope they got paid well for that. :tongue:

Guest Yi-Long
Fixed boxing matches?? Never heard such a thing...

Sarcasm-Meter.jpeg

As for the comment about never hearing of a fixed boxing match...come on the American Mafia were at it like crazy in Las vegas in the ol days as were the Triads (who probably still are) all it takes is money.

Wow..... seems like the big picture with the sarcasm-meter was a little bit too subtle there, OpiumKFC....(!)

Archived