Love old school kung ku but this annoys the *** out of me

Guest NoNiceTime

Guest NoNiceTime

In how many movies is a girl dressed up as a guy but it is never discovered until like half way though the movie? Usually these are hot chicks too.

Guest Killer Meteor

It's an old convention. You see in Shakespeare's comedies too. Occasionally you can see why but I mean, come on! Polly Shang Kuan is no man!

Guest Drunken Monk

At the beginning of "Duel To Death" every bloke the girl comes across knows she's a woman. How? Because she has a purple fucking skirt on! Her attempt at disguise is the worst I've seen.

On the flip side, how many men dress up as women in order to infiltrate the bag guys' home or something similar?

5 Element Boxer

Yeah, this kind of annoys me too. Another classic example of bad acting in those days. The funniest example being in Legendary Weapons of China, with Kara Hui. Come on now! lol

When I was younger it always confused the hell out of me, as I couldn't tell the difference in old Chinese clothing to know they were suppose to be dressed like a man. Kara Hui's mustach in LWoC was hilarious though, as I'm sure it was intended to be.

Omni Dragon
Jackie in Fearless Hyena reverses the trend

Yeah dress as a women in city hunter aswell is there any other films he dress as a women?

Omni Dragon
Also in his cameo in Once a Cop.

i had a strange feelin there was any more where a man dress as a woman?

Royal Tramp is 1

littlefuzzy

The Master had the main character dress in drag to go get some of the gold the bad guy was tossing (literally) at prostitutes...

Edit: Of course, I always thought his haircut was a bit girlish anyway.

There is "Team Mustache" in Shaolin Soccer, and then in CJ7 the main boy is played by a girl. I think there is a great big girl that is played by a guy, as well.

Plus, Iron Monkey has a young Wong Fei Hung being played by female martial artist Tsang Sze-Man.

And, WHOOPS! Those last three aren't "old school."

Morgoth Bauglir

Yuen Tak had me cracking up in the brothel scene in The Master. He has some nice boobs.

Lady Whirlwind and the Rangers is one of the few movies I can think of where the woman dressing as a man disguise works. Polly Kuan is pretty hot, but somehow she actually pulls off looking like a man, at least better than most oldschool movies I've seen.

The Dragon
... Polly Kuan is pretty hot, but somehow she actually pulls off looking like a man, at least better than most oldschool movies I've seen.

Backalley Princess for example.

Iron Monkey remake, although thats a girl who we're supposed to really think is a boy. Kinda creepy.

jiujitsu77

my whole thing...that not so much annoys me (well maybe it does) is trying to find out the time period in which the movies were supposed to be set in. i know sometimes they announce it (ie dynasties and such) but the clothing in the films seems to give this "general" time feel. maybe not so much in the period pieces as it is in the "basher" type films. anyone else understand what im trying to say? i'm not good at things

What about when Men play women? Not just disguising themselves, but the actual role is supposed to be a woman?

Chiang Sheng playing the granny in Exciting Dragon, or Yuen Cheung-Yan as the granny in Taoism Drunkard and similar Yuen clan flicks? This doesn't annoy me though, because the strangeness of these type of films make them some of my favorites of the martial arts genre!

What I do find rather annoying though is when characters have super hairy and huge moles!