First movie to feature the axe gang?

Guest Morgoth

Guest Morgoth

I was watching Brave Girl Boxer in Shanghai from 1974 and there is a gang of karate students who all fight with hatchets. Can anyone think of a movie before 1974 that had a similiar gang? I think there was a Wang Yu movie that had something like this. Maybe One Armed Boxer?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheManInWhite

How about a little movie called Boxer from Shantung which came out in 1972? Also, it's used in Queen Boxer which came out not too long after BFS.

Guest WhiteTiger1
I was watching Brave Girl Boxer in Shanghai from 1974 and there is a gang of karate students who all fight with hatchets. Can anyone think of a movie before 1974 that had a similiar gang? I think there was a Wang Yu movie that had something like this. Maybe One Armed Boxer?

Return of Chinese Boxer

Guest Morgoth

Are you sure it isn't One armed Boxer? I haven't seen the movie in a while but I think the rival school carried hatchets. I know Return of Chinese Boxer pretty well and I don't remember an axe gang.

Man in White- I have seen Queen Boxer but I haven't seen Boxer from Shantung. Now I am going to hang my head in shame...

Guest WhiteTiger1
Are you sure it isn't One armed Boxer? I haven't seen the movie in a while but I think the rival school carried hatchets. I know Return of Chinese Boxer pretty well and I don't remember an axe gang.

Man in White- I have seen Queen Boxer but I haven't seen Boxer from Shantung. Now I am going to hang my head in shame...

Your right!! It's Rage of the Master... Heres both url's I know it's not One Armed Boxer

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072913/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074624/

Rage of the Master 1971

Queen Boxer 1972

Boxer from Shantung 1972

Guest Morgoth

thanks White Tiger. hkcinemagic has Rage of the Master being from 1972, but I don't know for sure if they are correct. So it looks like we have 1971 or 72 as the earliest date.

Yeah Vengeance had the axe gang... and the axed some guys to death in that one!!! How about the Kingboxer, with Meng Fei? Didn't they get him with the axes?

Thanks for the info everyone. There is just something about a bunch of dudes with hatchets that gets me excited:D

Well...

a332scd.jpg

... I can see why onewould get excited!

:cool:

Archived