Best Lau Kar Leung prodigy

Guest will91XingYu

Guest Dragon Ma

What about Mark Houghton? I'm not a huge fan but didn't Lau make him a sifu and teach him the family hung-gar style, I'd say that's a very high honor.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark is very good and he did some nice action in films like Skinny Tiger and Fatty Dragon, where Sammo did a Bruce Lee impersonation in the fight scene and thinking Mark is the Chuck Norris role.

Mark is in fact a sifu at Lau Family Hung Gar Academy in Hong Kong along with Lau Kar-Leung's half-brother Jimmy Lau Kar-Yung (Dragon's Claws, Drunken Master II, 36 Crazy Fists).

Guest clfnole

Lau Kar Yung is LKL's nephew not half-brother and his english name is Sammy Lau not Jimmy. The only half-brother is Lau Kar Fei (Gordon Liu).

LKY is LKLs sisters son. LKLs sister is in Tigeress of Shaolin (soon to be released) which also stars Hui Ying Hung and Lau Kay Yung.

Guest kungfood

I also saw Sammy Lau in a movie opposite Hwang Jang-Lee, and co-starred the lady who played the landlady in Kung Fu Hustle and the Bond girl in Man with the Golden Gun, forget her name. The Mandarin title of it was "Hung Chuan Da Shi"; I didn't see an English title.

I saw LKL's website, and he says his current favorite disciple I believe is a banker.

Thanks for that correction, clfnole. It's all good.

The movie kungfood you're referring to is "Dragon's Claws". I have the Xenon tape version of the film..Nice performances from Sammy, Hwang, and Yuen Qiu, who was credited under "Kan Chia-Fong".

Guest FrankyLau
Thanks for that correction, clfnole. It's all good.

The movie kungfood you're referring to is "Dragon's Claws". I have the Xenon tape version of the film..Nice performances from Sammy, Hwang, and Yuen Qiu, who was credited under "Kan Chia-Fong".

I think he meant fearless duo:D

Guest will91XingYu

I though it was Jimmy Lau, this guy has been in films for ages! I remember him in Kung fu means fists, kicks and swords but he always looked really young! I was thinking would Kwan Young Moon be a prodigy, as after Shaolin Plot and Rebelliouse Reign he went to shaws and Lau gave him his first few major appearences like My Young Auntie and Return to the 36th Chamber.

Guest kungfood
I think he meant fearless duo:D

Franky, I think you're right. I know it was NOT Dragon's Claws, it was probably filmed back-to-back with it, as many of the same people were in them. Hung Chuan Da Shi (or Fearless Duo?) had Lau Kar-Yung and all the male characters sporting a Qing Dynasty pigtail. Unlike Dragon's Claws, which takes place during the Republic. Hwang's villain was called "Ghost Leg". One very memorable part in the film is Lau gets violated by an angry spirit...!

I'm not sure Kwon Young-Moon would be considered a LKL prodigy. Besides Shaolin Plot and Rebellious Reign, he had roles in Kid's Ace in the Hole (Fighting Ace) and The Loot, both roles similar or greater in prominence to Return to 36th Chamber and about equal to My Young Auntie.

Guest will91XingYu

Yeh good point, shame he didn't get more action in Hellz Windstaff! I just re watched Disciples of the 36th and the Hsiao Ho vs Gordon Liu tea bench fight is out of this world!

Archived