Best Lau Kar Leung prodigy

Guest will91XingYu

Guest will91XingYu

Whos your faviroute Lau Kar Leung prodigy or find, people like Hsiao Ho, Gordon Liu, Wong Yu, Ching Chu and Robert Mak are finds by him, i guess evern Philip Kwok as it was Lau who pointed him out to Chang Cheh, so whos your faviroute? Mine would have to again be Hsiao Ho love the guy!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest will91XingYu

In a way i though it was good, because it gave a shine on Wilson Tong, Kwan Young Moon, Hsiao Ho and Yuen Tak and then the ultimate showdown of Wang Lung Wei and Lau Kar Leung. Has anyone seen the Hsiao Ho demo from 2004 i think, he can still do the splits and stuff!

Guest Endsang

I would love to see that demo. I know there's an interview with him on a DVD's extra material somewhere. Anyone know where to find?

Guest will91XingYu

It's on the Devil Killer dvd that went out of print, the Hsiao Ho demo is on youtube, type in Hsiao Ho demo and you should find it, if not look for a guy called Abbot White he has it in his videos.

Guest Morgoth
I would love to see that demo. I know there's an interview with him on a DVD's extra material somewhere. Anyone know where to find?

That is a great interview and demo. You can find it on these Videoasia DVDs- General Stone, North and South Shaolin, Shaolin Iron Claws, Devil Killer and Revenge of the Drunken Master.

Guest will91XingYu

I like Robert Mak a lot, what do you guys think of him? Yhe Adam Cheng from what iv'e seen should have been in way more Shaws movies.

Guest Endsang

Haven't seen that much of Robert Mak. How is he in Opium and the kung fu master?

As for Adam Cheng, he was really good in Shaolin vs. Wu tang. I particulary liked how he used the Wu Tang sword to block his vital points from Gordon's Chin Kang fist. Also had some pretty cool training sequences in the movie.

Guest will91XingYu

Robert Mak is good, he gets a few fights, but to see him at his best watch Martial Club he shows off his great kicks in that. In My Young Auntie he shows off his disco dancing!

I think Fu Sheng was his best prodigy, and could perform equally with weapons or empty handed. Fu Sheng also had the charisma lacking in a lot of the others who came along in that era. Had he been able to leave Shaws, Jackie Chan may have never garnered the international fame he found. Fu Sheng could have been a great international star out of the Shaw empire....

Guest kungfood

I personally liked Fu Sheng, though Lau had many, many greats under him. As stated earlier, Fu Sheng was Lau's favorite disciple. I've also heard Phillip Ko say he felt Fu Sheng was the smartest guy he'd worked with in the movies(though I didn't know if they ever fought, they both were in 8 Diagram Pole Fighter at least). Said Fu could pick up and remember an incredible number of moves at a time.

I had known Robert Mak as Mai Te-Lo, the Mandarin version of his name. He was good in Martial Club, and had good northern Shaolin-type skills, but sometimes his personality could wear on me after awhile. He also had a very small appearance in the Asian version of Jackie Chan's The Protector in 1985 as an admirer of Sally Yeh. I noticed that before he was put in noticeable roles, Mak was an extra in some of Chang Cheh's Venoms films. If you look closely, you can spot him in some shots, such as Ten Tigers of Kwangtung and I think Crippled Avengers.

Hsiao Ho is my favorite of the prodigies. I liked that he can not only fight, but can act too..like his bucktooth role in Return to the 36th Chamber. He shined in Kung Fu Genius.

He also played a gangster in a 1992 action-comedy, What A Hero! which starred Andy Lau as a country bumpkin/taekwondo champion who goes to Hong Kong to live his dream of being a HK cop. Hsiao plays a gangster Andy fights and captures only to try to escape and then a triple threat match between Hsiao, Andy, and cop bigshot Roy Cheung.

Guest shaolinblade

Gordon Liu is amazing in all the LKL movies i`ve seen. The thing I like about Gordon Liu is his face tells a story on it`s own without him saying a word.

Guest Endsang
Gordon Liu is amazing in all the LKL movies i`ve seen. The thing I like about Gordon Liu is his face tells a story on it`s own without him saying a word.

I second that. He also performs all his action with great confidence, attitude and credibility. He's like a kung fu fighting machine and shines in all of his movies.

Archived