Deadly Breaking Sword Image DVD

Guest Morgoth

Guest oldeschool17
Those screencaps make it seem like the pic quality looks a bit off, but from what I can see on my Tv it is perfection. Oldeschool what do you think?

Ive watched the first 30mins on my pc which i can notice "flaws"(slight blurriness in motion and perhaps oversaturation of colors) much more than my tv. To be honest,im by no means a videophile, but the movie is adequate enough for me to view. I'll leave the qualified opinions to the videophiles on the board.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Morgoth

Yeah the bluriness is the only problem I can see in those screencaps, so I looked very closely during the action scenes on my TV, and I didn't notice it at all. I am not an expert on this kind of stuff, but I can usually spot flaws, and I can't see any on my TV. I see what you mean about the colors, but the picture quality looks at least 99% perfect to me.

Looks like they are just using the HK PAL to NTSC transfers. That fixes the slow down for now, but it still means they haven't switched over to the HD transfers yet.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

In the catalog booklet enclosed in the jewel case they list Intimate Confessions Of A Chinese Courtesan and The Magic Blade for $19.99 Apparently available for purchase? Is this the case? And yes english dubbed.

Guest oldeschool17
In the catalog booklet enclosed in the jewel case they list Intimate Confessions Of A Chinese Courtesan and The Magic Blade for $19.99 Apparently available for purchase? Is this the case? And yes english dubbed.

The catalouge is wrong. Those have yet to been released by IMAGE. Magic Blade has been pushed back for a 3/11/2008 release and Intimate Confessions is pushed back for a 4/22/2008 release

I have to say that comparison isn't something to go by. Of course the attempt is much appreciated, but whenever you try to pause a scene, capturing it without it being blurry is a bit tricky. Also, oldschool's screen caps are obviously darker (his picture settings?) compared to venom's who's is much lighter.

Anyone who's looking for a legit 'english dubbed' remaster of this film should not miss this release. Plus 108 min. Is that the IVL runtime?

When Magic Sword (the subs should be corrected hopefully) and Intimate Confessions (hopefully with some restored footage/nude scenes) I'll be all over these releases. Not to mention Human Lanters (possibly wholly uncut?) I am there. Fingers crossed baby!

Guest oldeschool17

i was using WinDVD to capture those screens and theres a function on there where i can capture the screens as i play the movie. I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

Im not putting too much stock on the IMAGE version of Magic Blade(im still waiting on a special order for the Siren Visual version) but Ill more than likely pick up the IMAGE version of Intimate Confessions

Guest Morgoth
i was using WinDVD to capture those screens and theres a function on there where i can capture the screens as i play the movie. I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

I doubt that would make it look worse. When I paused it during the action scenes it looks the same as your screencaps, but when the movie is playing I don't see any bluriness whatsoever.

Just watched this version last night. The picture quality is darker than the IVL version. No blurrieness. Fu Sheng's character is slightly annoying, though he is able to carry his role, as usual.

Chan Man Wei, I wonder how fellow actors like Ti Lung and Fu Sheng behaved towards such a real life badass. I'd be very interested in hearing their commentary on films they'd worked on with him.

If I'm not mistaken the eng. subs were improved, if not re-translated, then re-applied to flow more smoothly following the script through each scene.

Good film.

Guest Morgoth

What did you guys think of Chan Wai Man in this movie? He is usually a pretty good actor, but I thought he was great in this movie. Sun Chung really got the most out of him.

Guest oldeschool17
What did you guys think of Chan Wai Man in this movie? He is usually a pretty good actor, but I thought he was great in this movie. Sun Chung really got the most out of him.

Chan Wai Man did his part well but i kinda wished he had more screen time. He fits the bad ass role/villian quite well.

Guest oldeschool17

Heres a what if: If there was a sequel, what would Ti Lung have done with his sword? Make a new one or make do with what he had left?

Guest Morgoth

lol Yeah, the whole breaking sword thing doesn't make much sense. If he had killed so many people with that sword, how long would it have been to begin with? I am guessing it started out as like a 10 foot long sword.

Guest oldeschool17
lol Yeah, the whole breaking sword thing doesn't make much sense. If he had killed so many people with that sword, how long would it have been to begin with? I am guessing it started out as like a 10 foot long sword.

That would explain his horse. He prolly rolled thru town javelin style and eventually got off his horse once the sword broke off to regulation Wuxia Pian size.

Guest Morgoth
That would explain his horse. He prolly rolled thru town javelin style and eventually got off his horse once the sword broke off to regulation Wuxia Pian size.

Haha! That explains it.

Guest Morgoth
His sword must of been like an exacto blade:p. That slowmo part where Sheng puts Lily Li in the well freaks me out.

Yeah that scene came outta nowhere. :eek:

hi all, first time posting since move. just like to say thanks to Morgoth. i was browsing the site when i saw your post and as soon as i finished i went to best buy and bought it. i WOULD NOT HAVE bought this title[own it 3 times already] if you had not stated that it did indeed have an english dub[cant understand why image wouldnt put this on the box- it only hurts them]. was searching everywhere for confirmation ,but couldnt find anyone. i must admit it took me 3 hrs to open it because Best Buy doest refund open dvds[though theres ways around it] and wasnt sure if this was some bad joke by a dubber-hater or someone on a mission to help the legit distributers and destroy RedSun[i had a conspiracy theory worked out and everything-sick ,i know]... anyhows just looking at the box i couldnt take it anymore so decided to open it. every trailer was in chinese-not a good sign.let it play hit the audio button a few times and what do you know ...english! dissapointed with Ku Fengs voice , but overall very very happy:) it actually added replay value because it changed things up. Morgoth you could say Bull balls taste like chocolate ice cream and id order a plate. thanks again man you made my week.

ps. Image needs to send you a free crate of movies:D

Guest sammofan

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has lain in bed at night thinking how impractical it must be to fight with a sword which is a giant snap-blade!:D

How does he just make the end segment snap off?:confused:

What stops the blade from snapping in the middle while he's fighting?:confused:

Is he going to eventually end up fighting with a really short blade?:confused:

:D:D:D

Archived