Deadly Breaking Sword Image DVD

Guest Morgoth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Morgoth

I will be picking up tomorrow or friday. It is eatign away at me knowing it is at best Buy and I can't have it yet. Hopefully everything is A-ok with it.

Guest Morgoth

So far I have only watched the opening duel between chan Wai Man and Ti Lung and the picture looks great. No shaking or anything like that. I think Bobo said there was going to be an English dub, and he is right!! And unlike the Inframan English dub, this one sounds pretty good.

Guest gfanikf
So far I have only watched the opening duel between chan Wai Man and Ti Lung and the picture looks great. No shaking or anything like that. I think Bobo said there was going to be an English dub, and he is right!! And unlike the Inframan English dub, this one sounds pretty good.

Nice, a lost dub unearthed for the public :)

Guest venom10463

I can't wait to pick my copy up. It will be great to finally watch this in eng.

I'll try to post some screen caps from the IVL AND Image.

Guest oldeschool17

really theres an english dub on there? image, hkflix, and amazon dont have it listed on there as an english dub

Guest oldeschool17
It doesn't even say it on the back of the DVD case, but yes, there is an English dub. :):):)

cool. bobo is gonna have a heart attack! I guess we'll have to rely on our fellow forumers to fill us on in whether the future IMAGE releases will have dubs or not. thats good to hear that there isnt any noticeable blurriness. I have Legendary Weapons of China and its noticeable on my pc for sure and somewhat on my dvd player

Guest Morgoth

Hell yeah he is. I think bobo was the one who said it was going to have an English dub, but I didn't believe it because Image hasn't exactly been generous with the dubs. Lets hope Image has the dubs on the rest of their releases. I won't buy Shaolin Intuders if it doesn't have it.

Considering this has the dub, maybe they've stopped doing that stupid PAL-NTSC-NTSC speed transfer process

I was told two weeks ago they have no plans to stop doing this. It was in conjunction with me talking with them about their new batch of releases they bought the rights to: Seeding of a Ghost, etc.

Hell yeah he is. I think bobo was the one who said it was going to have an English dub, but I didn't believe it because Image hasn't exactly been generous with the dubs. Lets hope Image has the dubs on the rest of their releases. I won't buy Shaolin Intuders if it doesn't have it.

They got the dub for this and Intimate Confessions...from Celestial. I don't know if I'd count on a Shaolin Intruders dub, but you never know.

Guest Killer Meteor
I was told two weeks ago they have no plans to stop doing this. It was in conjunction with me talking with them about their new batch of releases they bought the rights to: Seeding of a Ghost, etc.

Did they give a reason why? I won't buy a single one until they do. I can live with the PAL-NTSC we see on the IVLs, but not what I saw on Image's Wandering Swordsman

Did they give a reason why?

It was the same as before, they feel viewers will be bothered by the sped up image and sound. I tried to tell them that, for the most part, most viewers never notice it. FAR more notice a poor PAL to NTSC transfer, especially when it's slowed down. My understanding is some of the new batch they got will come from HD transfers, which will make this a non-issue.

Guest Killer Meteor
It was the same as before, they feel viewers will be bothered by the sped up image and sound. I tried to tell them that, for the most part, most viewers never notice it. FAR more notice a poor PAL to NTSC transfer, especially when it's slowed down. My understanding is some of the new batch they got will come from HD transfers, which will make this a non-issue.

I remember you saying Killer Snakes will be HD. Do you know if Deadly Breaking Sword or any of the earlier releases are?

The first twenty they bought did not have HD rights except for Killer Snakes and Human Lanterns. They could have changed since then, but I doubt it.

Guest Morgoth

Those screencaps make it seem like the pic quality looks a bit off, but from what I can see on my Tv it is perfection. Oldeschool what do you think?

Archived