White DVD Covers for IVL Releases?

Guest oldeschool17

Guest oldeschool17

What are the origins of these white dvd covers(when did they come out, why were they made, who made em, etc)? Can anybody shed some light as to why IVL did not use the white dvd cover designs for their releases? Alot of them in my opinion looked 10x better than the crap they created.

Examples:

throwawaysiu2.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teako170
I looks like mahsingyi's handiwork. I always love his covers! :)

Yeah he does some nice work plus what I really liked is how he embraced everyone's opinions and suggestions, making various changes as he went along. Remember how these covers were originally in black?

Apparently he's still making covers since he has the latest batch of IVLs done. Has he joined the new forum yet?

Guest oldeschool17
Whats with the "To Kill A Mastermind" cover are they actually going to remaster this or is it just a "wish" cover?

as of yet there are no plans for this release. Perhaps the only chance of this being released is thru Dragon Dynasty or Media Blasters. Who knows!?!?

Im real curious, in regards to the To Kill A Mastermind cover. Were those images on the "back" side from magazine images or were they taken from actual lobby cards/official promo's? I ask cause they look to be good quality

Guest shawfan

Has somebody the full collection of the white covers ?

Any Idea where to get them ? Maybe theres a place to download them ?

Around 600 brand new designed and maximum improved IVL/Celestial White Covers (“The Platinum Collaction”) in 300dpi resolution and sizes of about 5000+ pixel width will be available for download at www.shaw-brothers-reloaded.com & www.shaw-brothers-reloaded.de from March 20th onwards.

Each cover is individually styled and contains up to 14 still pictures plus text, an original HK poster, running time, year and other extras on their back sleeve.

They will be pay content (so purchase is monitored and bootleggers who use them for business or other than private reasons are easily traced by a special image micro tag modification on each purchased cover so each purchase can be traced and bootleggers who violate the rules are easily found and caught) but the prices will be very, very moderate and go towards the up-keeping and global expansion of SBR.

Here is a glimpse of styles and visuals of the upcoming brand new SB DVD cover series:

wcpreviewll8.jpg

Archived