Triangle - Milkyway Image

Guest Milkyway

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Milkyway

the style of each director might be the problem itself, but seeing as most of To's works don't really aim for logicality, I think the movie will be great anyway.

I've heard that there's two versions of the movie: one messy version that was shown in that film festival and a more consistent/longer version. you must've seen the former one because most in the audience wasn't too pleased.

Guest goliamoto

I saw it in the Sitges film festival and yes, the length of the film was one of the main problems: too many things occur in just 90 minutes. I think there is a longer version which is 200 minutes that for sure must be thousands of times better.

Guest D_Davis

I cannot wait to see this. To and Tsui are two of my favorite directors, actually, Tsui is #1, and To is #2. I am, however, keeping my expectations in check. I am not expecting greatness, but I am expecting to enjoy it.

Guest Milkyway

I'm more interested in, besides To (no 1 favorite director), what Ringo Lam has managed to make up for this movie, it's been quite some years since he worked in HK.

Guest D_Davis
I'm more interested in, besides To (no 1 favorite director), what Ringo Lam has managed to make up for this movie, it's been quite some years since he worked in HK.

Very true. I was never a huge fan of Lam's films, but I am curious to see how he will adapt to a more modern style of filmmaking. It will be interesting.

I watched this on Christmas, and was mostly very pleased with it. the best part is definitely Johnnie To's section! the only thing that upset me was the changing of this scene that has such a great music piece (the one that starts to play after Louis Koo speaks)that was shown during the Cannes Film Festival http://www.allocine.fr/video/player_gen_cmedia=18730707&cfilm=127817.html

Megastar's two disc release has deleted scenes on disc two, but unfortuantely they don't include this whole scene. it would be nice if somewhere down the line, they'd release a full Cannes version of it!

unfortunately I don't have a blu-ray player, any chance of a dvd release too? is this something that's been confirmed or just speculation? also regarding the film, it sounds as if the France release will be the Cannes cut, becuase it lists it as opening on Jan 16th and at 101 minutes.

don't worry it's just speculation, at least that's how some I've asked are thinking of. hopefully, it could be released in all kinds of formats like so many other movies.

alright. well, I guess I should just be happy with this release for now, which overall I am. judging by the deleted scenes shown on disc two, which are apparently all from Tsui Hark's section, the re-cut probably does flow better than what was shown at Cannes, I just wish they had left that one specific scene alone where they're all running around on the streets w/ the coffin, and Gordon Lam is chasing them. after seeing that clip back in May, especially with that great piece of calming music, it was kind of frustrating that when I finally watched the film that scene had been changed. oh well, it's still a great film overall, especially the final 1/3 of it! thankfully Johnnie To's hot streak continues, so now it's time for Mad Detective. only 25 more days til the dvd is out

so now that Triangle has presumably opened in France, has anyone seen it there and could confirm that it's the 101 min. Cannes version?

Archived