Undaunted Wu Dang Remastered?

Guest Shaolin Monk

as i wrote in a topic i opened, that movie is awesome.

i have 3 more kung fu movies from the mainland (80's) to watch.. i will watch em soon (none of them has english subs).

Which 3 movies? I love mainland films!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a subtitled print of Undaunted Wu Dang. Its cropped, but the subs are legible. I was thinking of trading for a DVD of it & adding the subs to a nice widescreen print. There is a letterboxed dvd from china that it could fit well with.

I recently purchased this movie on the Shaolin pack put out by Video Asia (I think). I haven't yet watched it but took a glimpse and the print didn't look too impressive at all as expected when dabbling in Video Asia products.

odioustrident
I have a professional translator working on eight diagram louts palm. If I could find out more about the rights, I'd think about selling the dvd & other mainland films. I know zero about this though. Are these films in the public domain?

The US Copyright Catalog (no idea if its complete but its big) is here:

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&PAGE=First

Not to go too off topic, but I have also been trying to determine the rights for a Korean film (4 Iron Men) and a few Japanese titles (Karate 2 & 3). I didn't see Undaunted Wudang on the above catalog or within Xenon's recent list, but I'm sure it has plenty of titles.

You can pay various services to try to find the copyright owners for a film, but I don't know how they would do with international titles. I think GreenFanDVD had said in a podcast (same guy?) that he bought the rights to Ninja in Ancient China off Toby Russell, but I can't find that film on the US catalog (even though its sold here). Hopefully someone can bring a little light to this subject?

Which 3 movies? I love mainland films!

me too ^^

the movies are the following:

京都球侠 (Soccer Heroes)(1987)

自古英雄出少年 (Young Heroes)(1983)

武林志 (1983)

Archived