Undaunted Wu Dang Remastered?

Guest Shaolin Monk

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shaolin Monk

This movie was filmed in mainland china by "Changchun film studio" (a mainland china

film studio). The events of the movie take place in mainland china. The Company that

is releasing this film is based in ''Guangdong'' which is in mainland China. I can only

assume by this that the movie Quality IS going to be finer than the TV 2 VHS 2 DVD rip

that is in the Soldiers of Darkness wutang 20 pack. That print is very bad i doubt this co.

would release 'garbage' but well see.

I also found out the movies they release are all original Chinese audio with english subtitles.

If i can i will synch the English audio to this one as well but only if it's remastered. Ill let you

know what's up after i get it.

Guest Milodan

I have this and the picture quality is not bad, but be warned it does not have English subtitles. It is however a pretty good movie & Zhao Chang Jun is excellent in this.

Guest Shaolin Monk

ill let you know what's up when i get it. all of this companies dvds come with english and chinese

removable subtitles even the work out videos of which there are at least 250. It's insane. even if

it does not have english subtitles (which i doubt it does not) i will add them myself or at least add

the english track to dvd-9.

ill let you know what's up when i get it. all of this companies dvds come with english and chinese

removable subtitles even the work out videos of which there are at least 250. It's insane. even if

it does not have english subtitles (which i doubt it does not) i will add them myself or at least add

the english track to dvd-9.

Hi Shaolin Monk,

It's kind of werid, but their work out videos have subs. The movies, though, have no subs. If you have a chinatown in your city, you can readily find these movies & read the boxes. The titles are in english, but that's it. Do you have subs for this film? I have Eight Diagram Lotus palm from the same series.

Guest Shaolin Monk

Hi, i find it hard to believe that Amazon.com (USA) would sell a strictly chinese version of this film

but perhaps it's true. If it does not have english subtitles then i will add the subs and audio track

to the print. This could take a long time to do for me at least a month after i get it. I do not have

the subtitles for this movie so i have to ''painstakingly'' go about the process myself. Nothing can

be off. If i do it the print has to be exceptional for me to add subtitles since or if there are none.

I can add the audio track but i rather do both.

What is 8 Diagram lotus palm is this related to Undaunted Wudang. What does the print look

like... Strange Amazon would sell a copy of this movie without english subs. The money doesnt

really bother me but i just find it ODD. Should have it in ten days+ will let you know.

http://www.amazon.com/THE-UNDAUNTED-WUDANG/dp/B000OYNSXI/ref=sr_1_1/104-0457473-2091136?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1194383920&sr=1-1

Hi, i find it hard to believe that Amazon.com (USA) would sell a strictly chinese version of this film

but perhaps it's true. If it does not have english subtitles then i will add the subs and audio track

to the print. This could take a long time to do for me at least a month after i get it. I do not have

the subtitles for this movie so i have to ''painstakingly'' go about the process myself. Nothing can

be off. If i do it the print has to be exceptional for me to add subtitles since or if there are none.

I can add the audio track but i rather do both.

What is 8 Diagram lotus palm is this related to Undaunted Wudang. What does the print look

like... Strange Amazon would sell a copy of this movie without english subs. The money doesnt

really bother me but i just find it ODD. Should have it in ten days+ will let you know.

http://www.amazon.com/THE-UNDAUNTED-WUDANG/dp/B000OYNSXI/ref=sr_1_1/104-0457473-2091136?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1194383920&sr=1-1

Hi,

Amazon has been selling other films by this company & there have been customer complaints about the lack of subs, like for Prides Deadly Fury. 8 Diagram Lotus Palm is another dvd put out by the same company. Its a movie that features a style called Bagua. That has no subs either. If you check out your local chinatown, movies put out by "Guangzhou Beauty Culture Communication Co.Ltd" sell for 5-10 bucks. Do you speak mandarin? For subtitle projects, I use a program called subtitle workshop. Do you have a preference?

h

Guest Shaolin Monk

i do not speak mandarin HAZ.. I will be relying soley on the english audio version of the film i own

for refference when subtitling this movie. I will also ad the english track. so it will be in the end like

this. Audio: Cantonse, English - Subtitles: Cantonese, English.

Guest mantis FIST
I have this and the picture quality is not bad, but be warned it does not have English subtitles. It is however a pretty good movie & Zhao Chang Jun is excellent in this.

Is it widescreen?

Guest spannick

the DVD is pretty crap. a PAL-NTSC Interlaced Conversion and very dull colours. You should correct the Colours with individual Settings.

there is no Cantonese Track of course, but Mandarin. and the English Dub for this Movie is one of the most horrid i have ever heard: Chinese Guys trying to speak English with thick accent. good for lots of laughs, but i think the Movie was meant to be taken serious. the Widescreen Format should be correct if matted correctly.

Guest Morgoth

I usually don't like the dubs where Chinese sounding people are speaking English, but I actually liked it on Undaunted Wudang. It sounded more authentic. "We always hit back hard."

Guest Shaolin Monk

I also enjoy the english dub of the film very much. :) You say the print is faded out and

laced NTSC? What NTSC conversion isnt. I believe if it's faded out i will see what i can do

about that. The reasoning being well.. if there is a chance i want to make one of my all

time favorite mainland china films better. After that ill add it to my collection. I just hope

it's not as faded as the rarescope release of ''showdown at the cotton mill''. For those that

dont know about that version of the film it is very very faded out.

Not only that the english subs are burnt on and there is no english track. I almost couldnt

believe it. Probably the only copy of the film that looked that good but still why release it

without adding some real subtitles and color? I thought when i put the DVD in that it was

in black in white. (showdown at cotton mill) * Shrugs. Is there a program you reccomend

for color correction Spanick? Thanks for advice, it's appreciated.

Guest Shaolin Monk

Praise be.

Would like to give an update on my findings of the NEW version of Undaunted Wu dang and

also cover for a moment my plans for fully restoring this film. When i finally got the DVD i did

notice that the Quality was clear past the only version of the film ever released. That copy was

from a VHS rip. Quality was 5 out of ten. One of the things it did have was that english dub. A+

The version i recieved last week... The quality of the print was droll and faded as i was warned.

It also as i was also told was without english subtitles. Seeing as how this is one of my favorite

films (from mainland China) and seeing as i had the resources to give it special treatment. I

have decided to fully restore this movie. I also, since the movie is a very special one will have

decided i will add custom subtitles to the Cantonese track. (very tedious process as i have to

start from nothing, no timing or anything. Only relying on my own skills and that superb eng

track :). I am 1/4th of the way through adding those subtitles to the Cantonese dub.

Ah... it's hard because i have to rewind both versions between 3-7 times because i have not

only to line the english subtitles when they are starting and finishing but also start them and

finish them as the Cantonese is sounding on and off. The timing for the cantonse is different

from the english track.

I have also decided to color correct the version i was given of which i have already done. In the

3rd and final step i will be adding the English dub to the restored version of Undaunted *1983.

This is a very rare example of how great films from mainland china are. It has been said before

that this is the penultimate Wushu (In china this means ''Martial arts") type movie. Pure honed

skill abounds in this movie. Technically the most natural intensifying fight scenes ever caught

on film. Im glad to add it to the list of movies i will be restoring. 18 Bronzemen 2 is on hold.

Here are some screenshots:

(a) VHS to DVD rip (B) Print from Guangzhou as is © fully restored version i worked on.

also will have the custom english subtitles and the english track added to this version.

* Note NEW custom subtitles are not shown perhaps when i am finished i will show more.

398df6707d.jpg

945305199b.jpg

fca53fe45b.jpg

35b6a079ba.jpg

9c1ea2ffd3.jpg

Excellent work! This is one of my fave mainland films as well. The new "new" print look great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I have a professional translator working on eight diagram louts palm. If I could find out more about the rights, I'd think about selling the dvd & other mainland films. I know zero about this though. Are these films in the public domain?

Excellent! Saw the dubbed tv->vhs->dvd version of Undaunted last night. Excellent story and fighting, marred by terrible picture quality. I look forward to news about both your projects, and would be very interested in obtaining copies of the finished editions.

Hi Saolin Monk,

I am interested in the subtitle for Undaunted Wu Dang you made.

I just purchased the movie and would like to translate the english subs to the Hungarian language for martial art friends in Hungary.

Can you send me the subs?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

ryu

Praise be.

Would like to give an update on my findings of the NEW version of Undaunted Wu dang and

also cover for a moment my plans for fully restoring this film. When i finally got the DVD i did

notice that the Quality was clear past the only version of the film ever released. That copy was

from a VHS rip. Quality was 5 out of ten. One of the things it did have was that english dub. A+

The version i recieved last week... The quality of the print was droll and faded as i was warned.

It also as i was also told was without english subtitles. Seeing as how this is one of my favorite

films (from mainland China) and seeing as i had the resources to give it special treatment. I

have decided to fully restore this movie. I also, since the movie is a very special one will have

decided i will add custom subtitles to the Cantonese track. (very tedious process as i have to

start from nothing, no timing or anything. Only relying on my own skills and that superb eng

track :). I am 1/4th of the way through adding those subtitles to the Cantonese dub.

Ah... it's hard because i have to rewind both versions between 3-7 times because i have not

only to line the english subtitles when they are starting and finishing but also start them and

finish them as the Cantonese is sounding on and off. The timing for the cantonse is different

from the english track.

I have also decided to color correct the version i was given of which i have already done. In the

3rd and final step i will be adding the English dub to the restored version of Undaunted *1983.

This is a very rare example of how great films from mainland china are. It has been said before

that this is the penultimate Wushu (In china this means ''Martial arts") type movie. Pure honed

skill abounds in this movie. Technically the most natural intensifying fight scenes ever caught

on film. Im glad to add it to the list of movies i will be restoring. 18 Bronzemen 2 is on hold.

Here are some screenshots:

(a) VHS to DVD rip (B) Print from Guangzhou as is © fully restored version i worked on.

also will have the custom english subtitles and the english track added to this version.

* Note NEW custom subtitles are not shown perhaps when i am finished i will show more.

398df6707d.jpg

945305199b.jpg

fca53fe45b.jpg

35b6a079ba.jpg

9c1ea2ffd3.jpg

as i wrote in a topic i opened, that movie is awesome.

i have 3 more kung fu movies from the mainland (80's) to watch.. i will watch em soon (none of them has english subs).

Archived