Keith Vitali

Benny The Jet Urquidez

Mark Dacascus

Robin Shou

Jean Claude Van Damme

Chuck Norris

Bolo

Chinatown Kid

Bruce Liang's brother that played her student was a great kicker too, it's a shame he never really got enough roles that showcased his talents.

That's true, but he did do well as an action choreographer. I thought Tony Leung Siu-Hung did some excellent work in Five Superfighters, his cameo in Duel of the Seven Tigers (against Sharon Yeung Pan-Pan), The 36 Crazy Fists, and he did get his butt kicked by Sammo in Enter the Fat Dragon for playing a Bruce Lee clone?!

Another female badass kicker in my opinion is Linda Lin Ying. She played Jackie Chan's auntie in Drunken Master. She was amazingly flexible and her fight against Hwang Jang-Lee in Lackey and the Lady Tiger was pretty wicked IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgSleCGO4UQ&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgSleCGO4UQ&feature=related

Morgoth Bauglir
Another female badass kicker in my opinion is Linda Lin Ying. She played Jackie Chan's auntie in Drunken Master. She was amazingly flexible and her fight against Hwang Jang-Lee in Lackey and the Lady Tiger was pretty wicked IMO:

KgSleCGO4UQ&feature=related

She is awesome!! I need to see Lackey and the Lady Tiger.

One guy I don't think has been mentioned is Cheung Lik. He delivers good kicks in pretty much every movie I see him in. And that guy he fights at the end of 10 Magnificent Killers is good too. The only other movie I have seen him in was Four Shaolin Challengers where he plays one of the villain's 4 hired fighters. Not nearly as good of a role as he had in 10 Magnificent Killers!

Chinatown Kid

I agree, Cheung Nik was throwing some nifty chain roundhouse kicks in the finale of 10MK, the dude he fought was a nice kicker too and it's a shame he wasn't in more films showing his boot skills off. Nik's role in that film was of an anti-hero and he was very amoral and dubious, he and his teacher were all about collecting the money on the bounties of their opponents. Watching them take on the 10 killers was pretty good and then had the twist ending. Actor Fong Yeh directed this with all the action shot outdoors and you can spot some telophone poles in the background of what is supposed to be ancient China, I think Fong was trained in Muay Thai. Bolo does his lookway style in this and his dubbed English voice makes him sound like he's got a potatoe stuck in his throat. :)

Morgoth Bauglir

Good thoughts Chinatown Kid! You know I love this movie. What do you think, is it your favorite role from Cheung Lik? I can't think of a better one, though I have not seen SUper Kung Fu Kid. I've heard that is really good.

Chinatown Kid
Good thoughts Chinatown Kid! You know I love this movie. What do you think, is it your favorite role from Cheung Lik? I can't think of a better one, though I have not seen SUper Kung Fu Kid. I've heard that is really good.

Yes Morgoth I believe this film features Cheung at his best, the fights in this flick were pretty fast paced. I've seen Super Kung Fu Kid and it's not as good imo, more along the lines of The Big Risk and Japanese Connection with the more basher style kind of fights. I do feel Lik always delivered a decent fighting performance in his roles and think he's one of the underated guys in the genre. :)

Guest ekisha

Hey,kf fans.I'm sorry for offtop,but i began to argue on other forums about kickers.What do you think about this question??Who is better kicker Yuen Biao or Jackie Chan???I bet Biao,but i can't prove anything because my limited english on't let me do it.I compared their all kicks and from what i see Biao is better(in my opinion).I know Jackie is also good but not that great.

________

SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION FORUMS

Yuen Biao is definately more flexible and versatile when it comes to the kicks. Considering his tae kwon do training and how to combine his kicks with astonishing acrobatics, I'd say he's the better kicker. Jackie Chan's kicks do look a bit more powerful though, and are executed more realistically.

Yuen's got better form and is more versatile with his kicks, his kicks in Knockabout rival Tan Tao Liang.

As you probably know, Yuen Biao learned from him so his kicks SHOULD be the real deal. :D

I'm a huge fan of the kickers. Here's my list. I'm sure I left out a few. lmk who should be on.

Alexander Lo Rei

Angela Mao

Benny Chan

Benny Urquidez

Billy Blanks

Billy Chong

Billy Chow

Blackie Ko Sho Liang

Bong Soo Han

Brad Allen

Bruce Lee

Bruce Liang

Carl Scott

Casanova Wong

Chan Shang

Chuck Jeffreys

Collin Chou

Cynthia Rothrock

Daniel Bernhardt

Dick Wei

Donnie Yen

Ernie Reyes, Jr.

Ernie Reyes, Sr

Fan Siu Wong

Gary Daniels

George Chung

Han Ying

Hector Echavarria

Hiroyuki Sanada

Hsian Kuang Li

James Lew

Jerry Trimble, Jr.

Jhoon Rhee

Jing Wu

John Liu Chung Liang

John Salvetti

Kane Kosugi

Karen Shepherd

Keith Hirabayashi

Keith Vitali

Ken Lo

Kim Won Jin

Kwan Young Moon

Loren Avedon

Mark Dacascos

Micheal Blanks

Michelle Yeoh/Khan

Nik Cheung

Olivier Gruner

Peter Cunningham

Philip Rhee

Ron Van Clief

Simon Rhee

Sun Chien

Tan Tao Liang

Tiger Yang

Tony Jaa

Tony Leung Siu Hung

Tung Wei

Van Damme

Wang Jang Lee

Whang Ing Sik

Yasuaki Kurata

Yuen Biao

Yukari Oshima

Kwok Choi, no dissrespect, but as much as Kao Fei (Philip Ko) is a top ten all time kung fu actor favorite of mine, I don't see him as a good kicker! What movie or sceen of his would you define as a super kicking moment?

I like rest of your list. Wang Tao doesn't get credit for his kicks. He's one of the more balanced (hands, feet =) screen fighters.

Morgoth Bauglir

Very nice list! I agree with the previous poster Kwok Choi that Phillip Ko can kick pretty good when he wants to. Duel of the 7 Tigers, Iron Dragon Strikes Back and Fearless Dragons come to mind. The thing with Phillip Ko is that kicking just doesn't fit into the unique style of fighting that you usually see him performing.

Thanks for the info, Morgoth. You make a good point. Although he was doubled in Fearless Dragons (2 on the Road) for his best kicking moment in that film. I was so disapppointed when I realized it wasn't him kicking against Leung Kar Yan in the the bedroom fight for gold coins. Philip Ko has a great presence on film. He can kick well, but I just didn't think of him as a "Super Kicker". Again, he's one of my favorites. All good. ;)

I'm also impressed with Britkicker Mike Lambert. I love his short fight against Jet Li in Black Mask and their rematch in Unleashed. The way he switches legs and I saw a demo reel of his where he pulled off a nicely executed triple kick like Jackie Chan did in City Hunter against Richard Norton. He did a lot of HK films in the 90's and recently worked as the fight choreographer of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.

I also like J.J. Perry, yes THAT J.J. Perry. If you want to see some of his best fighting work in front of the cameras, he played one of the Kumite fighters in Bloodsport 3. I was impressed with his kicking skills in his first fight of the movie. And with his resume as fight choreographer, in the immortal words of Stan Lee..."'Nuff Said" :)

Chinatown Kid

Who was that guy that Jackie fought on the roof in Who Am I? He had some really nice flexible kicks, from what I heard he had some trouble with Jackie's style of choreography though.

That's Ron Smoorenburg from Holland. He did have trouble with Jackie's choreography. If you can get your hands on it, see Jackie Chan: My Stunts. It's shown!!! He was doubled by Andy Cheng and Nicky Li in the film. He currently is working in Thailand. He was in Tom Yum Goong and is supposed to be the lead baddie in Michael B's The Sanctuary, formerly known as Dead End.

I knew Brad was too WalkOn...I was kind of tired when I wrote the post. Good job!!!

Tsui Jing-Yat has been mentioned...I thought he was great as Eagle Han's henchman in Shaolin Drunken Monk and Agnes Aurelio's hitman in License to Steal.

Thanks Morgoth and Kao Fei also kicks well in the low budget modern day actioners he produced and he is fantastic in Mercenaries From Hong Kong.