Best superkicker

Guest will91XingYu

Chinatown Kid

One guy that really gave a great kicking performance was Ken Lo in Drunken Master 2, sadly he never seemed to rise to this level again and seems to have vanished from the scene today. I wonder what ever happened to him?

Morgoth Bauglir

He's been in at least 3 movies per year for the last 6 or 7 years, but for some reason he doesn't get to do fight scenes anymore. He fought a bit in some horrible Steven Seagal movie a few years ago, but that's all I can remember as far as fight scenes go.

Chinatown Kid

Yeah I guess that's why I haven't really noticed him in anything for so long, seems like such a waste that filmakers didn't let him show off his kicks more. Lo vs Billy Chow would have been a great match-up as both come from kickboxing backgrounds and were tough, I'm sure they could have come up with a brutal, hardhitting fight scene.

I have the movie on video. It's one of my favorites, mainly because of the fights. Plus, Yukari Oshima kills her real husband (at the time) Mark Cheng in one scene.

Plus, it's nice to see Gabriel "Turtle" Wong in a more serious role as Ken's trainer Quy. Wong usually appeared in Stephen Chow comedies in the 90's.

He fought a bit in some horrible Steven Seagal movie a few years ago, but that's all I can remember as far as fight scenes go.

He also had a sort of short rematch with Jackie Chan in The Myth.

Actually regarding that film there were some neat fights in there. And they could have had really good one on one fight. But they went the silly special effect route instead.

what's the name of the kicker at the end of "the young master?"

Biao Yuen or maybe Pei Wei have to watch again to know for sure...

Whang In-sik. Same guy Jackie fights at the end of Dragon Lord.

I should of watched it first. I knew they played on the movie, just have not watched in a while. I should of researched the question first..

I have my dah hat on!!:o

I think there is not best.John Liu,tan tao liang,ca sa fa,kwon young moon and hwang jang lee seems all very good.

However when it comes best kicker in movies nobody is better than hwang jang lee.

I did read f cynthia rothrock told in interview hwang did not pull his kicks and maybe jackie felt them too..

Chinatown Kid

Yeah Morgoth he is talking about Tan Tao Liang, who starred in Hand of Death. Tan is more than a decent kicker, he is up there with the best of them no doubt.:)

I did read f cynthia rothrock told in interview hwang did not pull his kicks and maybe jackie felt them too..

Jackie did feel it. In Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, Hwang accidentally kicked Jackie's tooth out. I also heard that Hwang almost didn't get the role in the movie because they weren't going to give him his visa. Ng See-Yuen told the local authorities, "Get me someone local who can kick like him and I will accept it." Obviously, Hwang got his visa :)

There was rumors that Hwang was padded in his fight against Cynthia in No Retreat, No Surrender 2: Raging Thunder but after seeing Hwang in Street Soldiers where he fights another kicker, Jun Chong, Hwang had bulked up a bit.

I guess that is why Jackie allegedly preferred working with Wang In-Sik rather than HJL after he kicked his tooth out. Maybe he had better control of his leg power, or maybe Jackie just took it personal. :)

I'm going to consider Nicholas Tse a superkicker because he has trained hard for his films and aside from Dragon Tiger Gate, he pulled off some nice kicks in Invisible Target, especially when he holds a thug against the wall with his leg and get's Jaycee's police ID back and looks at it with his leg still against the thug.

Chinatown Kid

I wish Hwang and Tan Tao Liang would have been paired up together in a movie in their prime, as far as I know these two legends have never shared the screen together. Another thing that would have been interesting to see would be Tan against Liu, that would have been a right leg(Liu) and left leg(Tan) showdown!

I totally agree CK. Those would've been hellacious battles. We should come up with a Fantasy Superkicker Battle Royale. Pit the best against each other

Hwang, Tan, Liu, Casanova, Won-Jin, Lo...something like that.

Would be awesome!!!