Best superkicker

Guest will91XingYu

YES! YES!! YES!!! YES!!!!! This guy should win like a youtube award for making that video.

Well, I don't know about all that! It's easy to edit a bunch of scenes together. I plan on making a "Favorite Fight Scenes" compilation to put on Youtube and Veoh by sometime tommorow :eek: It'll be the shit.

Guest Endsang

-4:25 ... I love that move.

This also reminded me to see Secret Rivals 2 again, although my favourite part of that movie was when John Liu and Tino Wong has to fight the fist- and boot experts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Yuen Woo Ping have a cameo here as one of the boot experts? I also thought I saw Corey Yuen dying twice in this movie. :P

Guest will91XingYu

No i meant he is in Secret Rivals 2. He's not a superkicker but he's got a mean butterfly kick on him:D Oh yeh Philip Kwok i would say can really kick!

Guest clfnole

Oh I misunderstood your post. You are right Kwok Choy/Kou Chui is an under-rated kicker. He went kick for kick with Sun Chien in Kid with the Golden Arm.

My short list of top kickers would be (in no order): Hwang Jang Lee, Tan Tao Liang and John Liu.

Guest will91XingYu

Yhe Kid with the Goledn Arm was an awesome kick fight! Although the Sun Chien twist was wierd. Alan Hsu reminds me of Wilson Tong they did shapes with their feet! Check out the end of Rebelliouse Reign to see what i mean, he does loads of cool kicks (alan hsu i mean)

Guest CrazyFrog

It seems obvious but a lot of the top guys are Korean or at least trained in Tae Kwon Do.

Tony Jaa, while not as focused of a "kicker" as some of these amazing athletes strikes me as a powerful kicker, especially for his size. He seems convincing in both direct powerful kicks and convoluted spin kicks. I like the jump kick in Tom Yum Goong where he shatters the street light. But I don't have nearly as much viewing experience as some of you all. Casanova Wong in Warriors Two and anything Kurata is in. That guy had control, power, and a sense of charisma.

It seems obvious but a lot of the top guys are Korean or at least trained in Tae Kwon Do.

Of course! Tae Kwon Do focuses more on the high kicking. Most chinese styles like Wing Chun and Hung Gar focus specifically on grounded hand-to-hand combat mainly. That's why I love watching them in Chinese flicks, it's an interesting contrast.

By the way, Hwang Jang Lee seems to be the one that shows up on people's lists the most on this thread. So far he's winning two to one! :cool:

Stephen Tung Wei is an underrated kicker as well. The thought of "kick" fights reminded me of his kick fight against John Liu in Mars' Villa.

Stephen Chow is a good kicker too with his legwork in his films. He may be a Wing Chun practicioner but if you see some of his films, he can be quite a kicker.

Scott Adkins is a hellacious kicker as well. If you see his final fight in Special Forces, he runs from the villain, then jumps into a jumping reverse roundhouse kick, then a sweep kick, then a tornado kick all in one sweeping motion against the villain's henchman. Then he does some wicked kicks in Undisputed II: Last Man Standing.

Guest will91XingYu

Tony Jaa did actually do taekwondo as well! But yeh he is awesome! I do like Hwang but for me not my faviroute at all, if i said he was a tad overated i'd be roasted on this forum!

No i meant he is in Secret Rivals 2. He's not a superkicker but he's got a mean butterfly kick on him:D Oh yeh Philip Kwok i would say can really kick!

Secret Rivals 1 and 2 to me, were the ultimate superkicker flicks!

Tony Jaa did actually do taekwondo as well! But yeh he is awesome! I do like Hwang but for me not my faviroute at all, if i said he was a tad overated i'd be roasted on this forum!

Ah, you no we aint like that! All the highest posters, me included, have been extremely nice to people. For constant arguing and bullying got to KFCC! HA HA! That's one of the reasons why I stopped posting there, this is my new favorite.

I just thought of another kicker who was wasted. Michael Ian Lambert. His brief fight scene in Black Mask against Jet Li showed some wicked legwork. He would be pretty wasted but had a decent rematch against Jet Li in Danny the Dog or Unleashed.

Well, I don't know about all that! It's easy to edit a bunch of scenes together. I plan on making a "Favorite Fight Scenes" compilation to put on Youtube and Veoh by sometime tommorow :eek: It'll be the shit.

Remember this post! :D The vid is done, I tried to cut the scenes together quite professionally. I think you guys'll enjoy it. I made it especially for you guys here at the KFC (HA HA, that's funny :rolleyes:) forums. Please post some feedback if possible!

It starts out like a music video, but is not one. The movies featured include hi-res DVD rips from Legendary Weapons of China, 7 Grandmasters, The Prodigal Son, and the rest I'd rather not reveal. It'll spoil the surprise! Check it.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1516454tn96QHf7?c=MonkeyKingsMovies

Guest Morgoth

I don't like Veoh, but if you want to make a Chang Shan clip, then that is the only possible way I would consider it better than that award worthy Hwang Jang Lee clip:D

Guest theportlykicker
I do like Hwang but for me not my faviroute at all, if i said he was a tad overated i'd be roasted on this forum!

I completely agree! I like him, but I've always thought he was a tad overrated. It always seemed to me like people just jumped on the "Hang Jang Lee is the best superkicker ever" bandwagon. No offense, I just don't see him as the best.

Well, I'd have to say for power, Hwang Jang-Lee is definitely the best.

For the use of only one leg, I'd go with Delon Tan as the best in this department. Shooting out 15 kicks with one leg in 5 seconds in Duel with the Devils in the finale. I counted number of kicks and timed it (then again, it may have been undercranked, will have to see it again).

For spin kicks, my vote goes to Casanova Wong, the "Human Tornado".

For a lot of the technical portion of kicking, anyone that has been mentioned on this thread is all good. I agree with Milkyway in terms of that.

Guest kungfood

An amazing thing about Hwang Jang-Lee, as related by Roy Horan, was that Hwang was essentially self-taught. His parents did not allow him to join a group of Korean TKD men practicing in a field, so Hwang stole an old pair of pajamas from his dad as his first dobok (practice uniform), watched the men practice, then he would go off by himself in the mountains and practice what he'd seen. Later, a friend of his helped him sneak into a large black belt testing where Hwang k.o.'d all of his opponents in the fighting portion.

Hwang also did not believe in static stretching, but instead thought that the kicking movements themselves would give him the proper flexibility. He also did not believe in kicking a heavy bag, believing it would lessen one's extension and power. He felt that kicking the air at imaginary targets developed the requisite speed, extension, control, and accuracy.

I feel he was one of those people with natural "rubber legs," or natural flexibility and didn't need much stretching. I think that is unique to only a relatively few people, however. Quite an interesting man.

Guest Endsang

I haven't seen anyone mention Ben Lam. His kicks look really realistic and powerful on screen.

Haven't seen much of Hiroyuki Sanada's early stuff, but I really enjoyed his style in Ninja in the Dragon's Den. Impressive agility.

Guest kungfood

I only saw parts of the final fight so far, but IMO Tiger on Beat is Conan Lee's best film. According to Ng See-Yuen, Ng had plans to develop Conan Lee into a big star. He was going to film a movie in Europe or somewhere with Lee, and Lee backed out of it, feeling it was beneath him. Lee then took roles in a lot of stupid movies (Gymkata, and another poor American movie about time travelers). Then came TOB. After which was the Aces Go Places (4?), then one more film where he's unceremoniously blown up, then that was it. So except for TOB, he didn't do much since his debut in Ninja in the Dragon's Den.

Needless to say, Ng felt that Conan Lee could have been a much bigger star had he let Ng develop him.