Best superkicker

Guest will91XingYu

Kane Kosugi I can consider a superkicker after seeing Muscle Heat/Blood Heat. In his first fight scene, he takes on two henchmen at once and he jumps in the air and spins into a split kick hitting both henchmen and his fight against Ken Lo where he does a HJL-like triple kick and his helicopter kick.

Guest Morgoth

Yeah Kane Kosugi can do some amazing stuff. I heard he gets a few seconds of action in War. I wonder what's up with that. He was the highlight of DOA for me. You would think Corey Yuen would want to give him more fight time.

Guest will91XingYu

Kane Kosugi gets the best action in War and it's only for like 15 seconds! In my opinion i think Kwan Young Moon was better than John Liu and maybe Tan Tao Liang, becuase he could vary his kicks and he had a real attitude behind them, him like Hwang Jang Lee and Billy Chong is they could slip into any kind from period to modren and adapt, while John Liu can't for me, also he does the same like 4 kicks over and over again but obviousley he was talented but not one of my favs imo.

Agreed, Muscle Heat/Blood Heat made me realize Kane is a superkicker in deed! Especially the fight against many thugs in the hallway. Shame on me for leaving him off my list! So many great kickers, never too many! ;-)

Guest Iron_Jinon
Kane Kosugi gets the best action in War and it's only for like 15 seconds! In my opinion i think Kwan Young Moon was better than John Liu and maybe Tan Tao Liang, becuase he could vary his kicks and he had a real attitude behind them, him like Hwang Jang Lee and Billy Chong is they could slip into any kind from period to modren and adapt, while John Liu can't for me, also he does the same like 4 kicks over and over again but obviousley he was talented but not one of my favs imo.

I forgot kwon young moon,in rebellious reign he kicks heads like hell,formidable villain...was cool also in "my young auntie".billy chong is not in top branch IMO but when he is villain watchers are guaranteed for good showdown,

Guest Morgoth

Billy Chong as a villain? You must be mistaking him for someone else. Chong's kicks are very crisp and he was also pretty good at acrobatics. His kicking skills are up there with anybody.

Guest Iron_Jinon
Billy Chong as a villain? You must be mistaking him for someone else. Chong's kicks are very crisp and he was also pretty good at acrobatics. His kicking skills are up there with anybody.

my mistake sorry I was thinking billy chow....chongs films I have only seen crystal fist(awesome) and kung-fu zombie(terrible)

Guest Morgoth

For me it would go like this-

Kung Fu Zombie- awesome (I love his first fight with Kwan Young Moon, I love the training scenes, and it is my favorite role of Chan Lau's long career)

Kung fu from Beyond the Grave- average

Invincible Monkey Fist- terrible

Guest will91XingYu

Isn't Monkey Fist with Elton Chong? Cos Billy Chong makes generally all good films, but Elton Chong made loads of really bad movies mostly with Mike Wong and Han Ying.

Guest Morgoth
Isn't Monkey Fist with Elton Chong? Cos Billy Chong makes generally all good films, but Elton Chong made loads of really bad movies mostly with Mike Wong and Han Ying.

Invincible Monkey Fist is a horrible Chen Kuan Tai movie.

Billy Chong did play a villain in Aces Go Places V: The Terracotta Hit, directed by Lau Kar-Leung. He did some action but it wasn't nearly as exciting IMO as Jade Claw (Crystal Fist) and Super Power.

I loved Kwon Young-Moon in Return to the 36th Chamber. In the English dub, after he kicks Wei Pai, he points to his foot and says "This my friend is your justice". Kwon would go to America in 1985 to serve as action choreographer for Jun Chong's action film L.A. Streetfighters aka Ninja Turf.

Jun Chong is a great kicker also. The TKD grandmaster choreographed a pretty decent fight between himself and Hwang Jang-Lee in 1990's Street Soldiers and Joon B. Kim is a pretty good kicker as well.

I also forgot to mention former Goonie Jonathan Ke Quan as a superkicker. He trained under Philip Tan first on the set of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and he got to do some kicks in the film. He would go on to learn under Tan Tao-Liang and made his MA film debut in Breathing Fire. Believe it or not, Tan Tao-Liang was executive producer and based the story on his own film Shaolin Deadly Kicks, under the alias "Delon Tanners".

One of my favorite most impressive superkicker was Linda Lin from Drunken Master, aka Wong Fei Hung's aunt that whooped his (Jackie Chan's) ass after he gropes the girl who turns out to be his cousin! :D She did some really impressive stuff with Yuen Woo Ping's choreography :eek:

0dcdse7.jpg

7Ab1ZtGlXSE 23a3sq0.jpg

Another great one from this flick was Hwang Jang Lee, he played the main villain in that and was amazing as well as a superkicker!

OmF6DZi-oow

Guest kungfood

In my mind, a superkicker is not simply a person who has good kicking skills, but whose kicking abilities are beyond those of most expert kickers. That said, my personal favorite superkickers in movies are the following in order:

Hwang Jang-Lee

Casanova Wong

Sun Chien

John Liu

Tan Tao-Liang

Whang In-Sik

Chang Shan

Kwon Young-Moon

Billy Chong

Billy Chow

Yasuaki Kurata

Bruce Liang

Hsia Kuang-Li

Tony Leung Siu-Hung

Donnie Yen

That's all I can think of for now. Also, I wish Sun Chien in particular could've had more opportunity to show his stuff. I saw some parts of Angry Ranger, but in that final fight he hardly threw any kicks, even far less than he was allowed to show in his Venoms films. I really like the way Sun and Casanova Wong both seem to flow so well in their kick combinations, using both left and right like human tornados. It seems Wong was a natural right-legger and Sun perhaps a natural left-legger, but both trained themselves to be comfortable with either side. And Billy Chong was really amazing in his ability to use his right/left legs and in perfect coordination with his hand techniques.

#1.) Hwang Cheng Li

#2.) John Liu

and that is all...

These were/are the best kickers onscreen, and every/anyone else has to take a backseat to these fine Martial Artists.

:cool:

Guest Iron_Jinon

hwang jang lee

tan tao liang,john liu and kwon young moon seem to be about equal but lee is my fav of those who can kick like hell.he is better with hands than rest and his sinister looks and screen energy puts him into same level with wang lung wei.

Guest will91XingYu

For me i think Casanova Wong is better than Hwang Jang Li, in my opinion because mainly of that kick where he kicks three people at once. Mike Wong is really good, you can see him in films like Ninja Hunter and Ninja vs Shaolin guards with Lo Rei he also did a lot of work with Elton Chong:( which probably didn't help his career much, he also fights Gordon Liu in Raiders of Budhist Fist. Also sorry to mention him again but go on youtube and type in Xing Yu and 12 tam kick, this guy is my faviroute and will be a huge star! Also Cho Wing, the guy in the latter Yuen Wo Ping films, he fights Kenny Ho in Red Wolf.

Guest Iron_Jinon
For me i think Casanova Wong is better than Hwang Jang Li, in my opinion because mainly of that kick where he kicks three people at once

hwang jang lee does that in" hitman in the hand of buddha"..ca sa fa is definitely good also.

Guest theportlykicker
hwang jang lee does that in" hitman in the hand of buddha"

No he doesn't. Hwang does a kind of cheat version of the kick, whereby he jumps on the first 2 guys' shoulders first and then jumps off and kicks the last guy. He couldn't do it all in ONE GIANT leap like Cas. :)