Best superkicker

Guest will91XingYu

Leo Howard, the star of Disney XD's KICKIN' IT, is a teen superkicker. He started out training in Shorin-Ryu Karate and then he trained in XMA under Matt Mullins

-UdaEqaPUps

Another XMA stylist who has some nice kicks is Booboo Stewart. His father is veteran Hollywood stuntman Nils Allen Stewart

VTinQFsoA8I

the first kid is very sloppy doing his kata or whatever that was

This a real Karate Kata

iiiznDpoapQ

Morgoth Bauglir

Just watched The Kick. It lives up to it's name for sure. The Jackie Chan look-a-like and his sister deserve to be mentioned on this thread.

Chinatown Kid buddy good to see you still poking around here.

I'm adding two more to this list:

Eric Jacobus, the master of the "Kicktionary" and Dennis Ruel...these two of today's amazing superkickers!!! I can't wait for Dennis's Unlucky Stars and Eric's Kicktionary 2, which he is working on! :)

• Like 1

A small revival of the thread: Ilram Choi, he played the North Korean prisoner who faces Marko Zaror in Undisputed III. He is primarily a stuntman, having been one of the primary doubles of Spider-Man during the Andrew Garfield era.

Will Yun Lee - known more for his acting, but when he performs action scenes, the man is a highly trained expert in Taekwondo.

Michael Tan - truly a kicker like his famous father, Delon Tan Tao-Liang

• Like 2

How could we forget this guy? Tim Man

as well as Brahim Achabbakhe

Donnie vs. Collin Chou

• Like 3

Taylor Lautner kicks Adam Sandler in Grown Ups 2 (I'm sure the Sandler haters will rejoice seeing this!)

• Like 2

The super kickers in today's movies kick faster,stronger and are more spectacular but there's just something about the kickers of yesteryear that makes me appreciate there ability more.Im still amazed by Hwang jang lee,Casanova Wong,John liu,Tan Tao Liang and the likes,for me they are the real super kickers and look no strings attached.?

Edited by sym8
  • Like 5

On 5/3/2017 at 5:19 PM, sym8 said:

The super kickers in today's movies kick faster,stronger and are more spectacular but there's just something about the kickers of yesteryear that makes me appreciate there ability more.Im still amazed by Hwang jang lee,Casanova Wong,John liu,Tan Tao Liang and the likes,for me they are the real super kickers and look no strings attached.?

Amen! These kickers today with the jumping triple spins before they kick look ridiculous to me like they are trying to do some kind of ballet or dance instead of throwing something effective for combat. The old school kickers where a lot more believable and exciting on screen with better technique and form.

• Like 3

I found another classic superkicker: Kwon Sung-Young. He played the main villain's right hand man in The Gay Woman from Shandong aka 7 Star Grand Mantis and also played Kim Won Jin's first opponent in Operation Scorpio

7StarGrandMantis+1983-22-b.jpg

OperationScorpio+1992-32-b.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

I found another classic superkicker: Kwon Sung-Young. He played the main villain's right hand man in The Gay Woman from Shandong aka 7 Star Grand Mantis and also played Kim Won Jin's first opponent in Operation Scorpio

7StarGrandMantis+1983-22-b.jpg

OperationScorpio+1992-32-b.jpg

I wouldn't have recognized him from the first pic Albert but from the second pic I knew him immediately. He did that weird Silat looking style movement with his hands then busted out some great looking kicks against Kim. Operation Scorpio is one of my all time favorite movies because of Kim Won Jin's performance. :smile

• Like 4

15 hours ago, CT KID said:

I wouldn't have recognized him from the first pic Albert but from the second pic I knew him immediately. He did that weird Silat looking style movement with his hands then busted out some great looking kicks against Kim. Operation Scorpio is one of my all time favorite movies because of Kim Won Jin's performance. :smile

Here's a fight scene with Kwon using his kicking skills against some thugs in a Korean film

Kwon in Rules of the Underworld (2001)

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

I don't know what movie this is from but here's Kwon Sung-Young vs. the man himself, Hwang Jung Lee

• Like 3

After watching Man Lee-Pang's excellent performance in Kung Fu on Sale(1979), I feel he should mentioned in this thread. If he hasnt been already?. He might not had the chance showcase his kicks on-screen like Casanova Wong or Hwang Jang-Lee. Yet he clearly had a lot of talent when it came to leg combat. Sadly the majority of his roles where just minor one's, or characters that didnt require much in the way of kicking.

Man Lee-Pang demonstrates some sweet kikcing techniques, in these lobby card images for Kung Fu on Sale.

KungFuonSale+1979-43-b.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

I didn't read the whole thread, but it seems to me that Blacky Ko should be mentioned in this list.

I recently saw him in Shaolin ex monk and in Boxer's adventure, and he used his legs very well in both movies.

• Like 2

Just now, ShawAngela said:

And Wilson Tong uses his legs very well to in The victim (if I remember well) and in Young avenger.

For the victim he was doubled for the more complicated techniques by Yuen Biao but besides that he was great in that movie

• Like 5

On 4/19/2018 at 9:52 AM, AlbertV said:

I don't know what movie this is from but here's Kwon Sung-Young vs. the man himself, Hwang Jung Lee

That scene is from Masters Of Tiger Crane.

• Like 3