Best superkicker

Guest will91XingYu

Guest will91XingYu

Hi i wasn't sure where to puyt this, because this is the old school thread and people like Billy Chow and Dick Wei are up there for best kickers. For me my faviroutes are(no specific order)...

Kwan Young Moon

Nicolas Tse

Casanova Wong

Tan Tao Liang

Alexander Lo

Billy Chong

I didn't put Hwang Jang Lee becuase i guessed everyone else would pick him or Chang Shan.

Thanks, will

Guest Chinatown Kid

Best kickers:

Hwang Jang Lee

Tan Tao Liang

Cassanova Wong

Kim Won Jin

Sun Chien

Bruce Lee

Hwang In Sik

John Liu

Kim Tai Chung aka Tang Lung

Dick Wei

Yuen Biao

Ken Lo(Drunken Master II)

Guest thundered mantis

The kicking throne (and every other throne there is) belongs to:

Mr. Hwang Jang Lee

The cream of the crop (but of course under Hwang Jang Lee´s reign) are:

Hwang Inn Sik

Casanova Wong

Eagle Han Ying

Kwan Yoon Moon

Bruce Liang

Elton Chong

Chan Shang

Alex Lo

Kim Wong Jin

Ken Lo

Hui Jing Yat

I think this is the 100th time we discuss this topic, but I love it! :D

Guest will91XingYu

lol yeh i love brining it up, i love watching kicks in kung fu films, i forgot about Nah Ying, he's not one of the best but Dragon Lee learnt Hapkido from Wang In Shik so he has fgot some cool kicks on him.

Guest Drunken Monk

Hwang Jang Lee is a given when it comes to who is the greatest kicker.

As an additional note I despise John Liu. I think he lets down every single movie he's in with sloppy, boring, repetitive displays.

Guest Morgoth

To me Eagle Han is the most limber, Chang Shan is the most powerful, but Hwang Jang Lee is my favorite overall kicker. Every movie he seemed to have yet another unique kick to show off.

Guest will91XingYu

I have to agree about John Liu i don't think he knows what a left leg is, but same could be said about Tan Tao Liang and not knowing qwhat a right leg was. Sun Chien is cool cos either leg dosn't matter to him. I think i'm sad i notice these things so much.

5 Element Boxer

The best kickers I've ever seen onscreen were John Liu and Hwang Jang Lee. Oh, and Bruce Lee, Siu Lung had his moments too. And the same goes for Donnie Yen.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Alot of people don't like John Liu but I've always been impressed by his flexability and the way he can use his right leg like a third arm. The best he ever looked to me was in Zenkwando Strikes in Paris and Incredible Kung Fu Mission. Sure he favors mostly his right leg but damn look what he can do with it. Most kickers do have a favorite leg they use, just like TTL favors his left, so does Hwang In Sik. I think one of the main reasons Hwang Jang Lee is widely considered the best and the lord of leg combat is because he is equally proficent and versatile with both his left and right leg and I have to agree. Even though people like Liu and Tan favor using one leg over the other I still think they are fine kickers and look impressive as hell! :)

Guest Morgoth

Yeah those guys are amazing to watch. Whang In-sik is on another level than most. His control and power are breathtaking.

5 Element Boxer- Now that you bring up Siu Lung, I would have to say he was the most powerful. Siu Hung was also a great kicker. And how the hell has nobody brought up Yasuaki Kurata? That shows we have talked about this way too much lately if we are forgetting guys like Kurata. We should talk about our favorite punchers next:D Chan Wai Man gets my vote!

5 Element Boxer
And how the hell has nobody brought up Yasuaki Kurata? That shows we have talked about this way too much lately if we are forgetting guys like Kurata.

Oh shit! You're right dude. Kurata always gives 100% onscreen. And he has some deadly kicks too. Just look at his Crab technique in Heroes of the East. His kicks were very quick and powerful. He showed off some great leg movement in Legend of a Fighter as well. Damn, good call, Morgoth. :cool:

Guest Milkyway

I don't consider Donnie Yen nor Bruce Lee superkickers because they didn't just train their legs to be effective. But they still have great kicks on display, especially Donnie Yen.

1: Hwang Jang-Lee

2: Delon Tan Tao-Liang

3: Casanova Wong

4: Kwon Yong-Moon

5: Kim Won-Jin

6: Bruce Leung Siu-Lung

7: Yasuaki Kurata

8: Michael Ian Lambert

9: Scott Adkins

10: Collin Chou

These are my favorite superkickers on screen.

Guest Morgoth

Tony Leung Siu Hung has a great scene in Duel of the 7 tigers. He is great in all of the movies he was in. I wish he had been in more movies because he has amazing control of his kicks.

Tony Leung Siu Hung has a great scene in Duel of the 7 tigers. He is great in all of the movies he was in. I wish he had been in more movies because he has amazing control of his kicks.

That's why I liked Bloodmoon and Superfights. He utilized the kicking styles of Brandon Gaines and Keith Vitali in Superfights (Keith does a nice Ken Lo-like leg winging) and in Bloodmoon, he has Darren Shahlavi do a nice kick combo in his opening fight against Hakim "The Machine" Alston and then the very short but sweet fight between Gary Daniels and Chuck Jeffreys and then both fights with Gary vs. Darren.

Guest will91XingYu

Cool, have to check those films out, i liekd the fights he coreographed for No Retraet no Surrender, acting wise he's great in Five Superfighters and for me is the standout action wise with his amazing kicks (the rest of the actors and fights are outstanding to), i was wondering does he get any action in Thunder Clap?

Guest Morgoth
That's why I liked Bloodmoon and Superfights. He utilized the kicking styles of Brandon Gaines and Keith Vitali in Superfights (Keith does a nice Ken Lo-like leg winging) and in Bloodmoon, he has Darren Shahlavi do a nice kick combo in his opening fight against Hakim "The Machine" Alston and then the very short but sweet fight between Gary Daniels and Chuck Jeffreys and then both fights with Gary vs. Darren.

I haven't seen Superfights, but I liked Bloodmoon because all of the fight scenes were nice and long. Even Rob Van Dam had a good fight (even though he throws the weakest kick I have ever seen). And I wish Chuck Jeffreys had more good roles. That guy can move with the best of em.

Guest will91XingYu

Morgoth you definatley have to check out Five Superfighters! It's got some amazing tag team coreography! Hiroyuki Sanada has some amazing kicks as well.