Beach of the War Gods (1973)

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Guest Ivy Ling Po

I was testing the quality of this Joy Sales VCD and I must say I was disappointed that after the credits, the image was enlarged to almost fullframe. I wonder if The Angry River VCD is like this as well. If this is the case, I don't see how they are going to remaster it for a DVD release.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shukocarl

Just got this as a stop-gap until a decent dvd (and english dubbed option) comes along and it's cut! How come Fortune Star puts out a cut mandarin version? Surely it should be uncut? I watched my dvd-r of the old Rank VHS afterwards, and it not only looks better but uncut!

So what's the story?

Guest spannick

old HK VHS was cut in the same way; The English Dubs were always uncut.

BUT there is an uncut Mandarin Print; Media Asia gave it to HK Video, who put out an uncut VHS and a cut DVD (which they cut themselves for having Print Damage).

Guest spannick

would like to know what's longer there... could not spot any Cuts on the UK VHS. (or German VHS, or French VHS)

Guest the dirty tiger

yes it has greek subs and I dont remember what is extra. I would have to watch both versions side by side. Dont have time right now...sorry.

Guest moongirl6

I seem to remember this being discussed not too long ago, but I can't find the post. Is there a decent version of this out there (widescreen, nice picture and hopefully uncut)? Thank you!

Guest spannick

French DVD is superb looking in 2.35 (16:9); but cut by about 45s (mostly framecuts, but some Violence Cuts, too).

the Panmedia Bootleg is pure schit, the Joy Sales VCD even worse (not only cropped and unsubbed, but cut by about 9mins of Action).

best is the French VHS by the same Company as DVD, (Mandarin with French Subs, 2.35) which is UNCUT. or the old French Dubbed VHS, which is also uncut and 2.35.

Guest shukocarl

Hey folks....

Can anyone answer the folowing questions?

1. Did it really take from 1970 to 1973 to film?

2. Exteriors done in Taiwan....interiors in HK or Taiwan?

3 Two sets can be seen in One Armed Boxer....which came first?

4 Existing Windmill or movie set?

5 Where is that beach?

Thanks in advance....

Carl:D

One Armed Boxer came first, and I think Wang Yu enjoyed the freedom with GH that Shaws didn't allow.

Invincible Sword was made around the same time...

Archived