Murder Plot

Guest clfnole

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jmungus

of all the main shaw directors, chu yuan`s the one ive only seen like 4-6 movies from throughout the 80s and 90s (death duel, sentimental sm et al, his most famous), but ever since the celestial sb batches came rolling our ways, MURDER PLOT has been one of the most anticipated for me.

cast is great (star- not allstar-studded- but all in all a very nice roundup). anybody know who choreographed it ? tong gaai ? wang pei chi ? TG/WPC ? someone else ?

i have a feeling it wont disappoint (and even if it did due to the highest of expectations, i still think this has gotta be an essential one to have in the collection any way around).

i sooo hope this delivers :D

Guest wuxiawuxia

this is based on a famous Gu Long's novel in the 70s, A must "get" as it is still one of the most celebrated stories from the famous writer, decades after his death. I hope Chu Yuan and Ni Kuang didn't screw it up.

For what it's worth ... I was not impressed.

While it did have a somewhat better plot than many, I didn't see much to distinguish it.

Every 5-10 minutes a sword fight broke out between a protagonist against a group of lackeys and it looked pretty much like all the other fights.

If you like the Chor Yuan stuff you'll probably like it but I grew tired of him a while back.

has been very enjoyable. didnt care too much for the story.

sums pretty much up what chu yuan`s all about.

SB jiang hu-wuxia fans cant go wrong with it; should be satisfying at least to some considerable degree to all of em. 7.3/10

shaolin drunkard

It`s quite usual chu yuan..lots of characters,usual poison stuff,really nice sets and costumes...and david chiang and beggars clan!in many chu yuan stuff there is not totally mesmerizing storyline or characters but beautifully made movies and (sword)fights a plenty to keep you watching.Worth buying.

One of the worst Gu Long adapted films Chu Yuan did. Not even close to his best like Sentimental Swordsman, Magic Blade, Jade Tiger, etc.

Archived