Magnificent Ruffians

Guest Sandpalm79

Guest Sandpalm79

Man is this a classic! Just watched about half of the celestial for the first time and the print is so crystal clear its amazing. The bath scene is very strange. I mean one of them grabs the others butt! And then they demand the women leave! So strange. I know the chang cheh homosexual topics have been beaten to death and i dont really believe its true, but that is a very odd scene. Maybe its just male bonding. Anyways I ADORE this movie and the kung fu is soo good. i feel blessed to have these titles in these pristine prints!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest will91XingYu

I totally agree with you, i love theis one from the venoms. All the fights are awesome, especally the end fight. I also though the Tam Jun Tao vs. Sun Chien kicking fight was really cool.

Guest oldeschool17
Man is this a classic! Just watched about half of the celestial for the first time and the print is so crystal clear its amazing. The bath scene is very strange. I mean one of them grabs the others butt! And then they demand the women leave! So strange. I know the chang cheh homosexual topics have been beaten to death and i dont really believe its true, but that is a very odd scene. Maybe its just male bonding. Anyways I ADORE this movie and the kung fu is soo good. i feel blessed to have these titles in these pristine prints!

Yeah that scene was a lil homosexual. Call me crazy but having a broad wash my nuts>taking a bath with my homies.

Beginning and ending are very good but overall package is not that superb.There was quite many moments it dragged a bit.

It`s been some years since last screening but I recall sets were weak in this one even for indoor venom standards.

kungfusamurai
Yeah that scene was a lil homosexual. Call me crazy but having a broad wash my nuts>taking a bath with my homies.

It's no big deal. Sometimes you need a friend to help reach those hard-to-reach places on your back. :)

I re-watched this one today, which would make it my second viewing I believe.

I remember being underwhelmed by both the quantity and quality of the action in the first 2/3 of the film, but loving the last 1/3 of the film. I thought the first bit was "decent" and the last was "great", but I liked the final act enough to consider it one of my favorite venoms films.

After watching it again today, I can say I appreciated the movie more as a whole this time around. There isn't much action early on. I was more interested in the characters and comedic aspects than last time; they mostly counteract the portions lacking in action. The action leading up to the FANTASTIC finale was also much better than I remembered.

Everyone put on pretty solid acting performances, and I think this may be Lo Meng's best. I loved the scene where one of Lu Fengs lackeys tells Lo Meng "Just wait til Master gets here", and without hesitation Lo Meng grabs him by the hair and socks him in the face! That shit had me cracking up. But everyone here does a good job all around(acting and fighting). Chiang Sheng stands out as an actor here (as he often did in my eyes) with his confident clown type of character. This films tone is lighter than most Venoms fare which benefits it to me(Seeing Lo Meng being kind of funny?!).

The fights between Lo Meng and the other "good" venoms get progressively better leading up to the finale. I agree with the above post about the kicking match with Sun Chien and Tam Jun Tao (who I'm not familiar with, although I recognized his face). It doesn't seem like Sun Chien gets a chance to match kicks with others often, so it was nice to see. The finale was as fantastic as I recalled. Classic 2v1 Venoms finale, with Lu Feng showing his mastery with a weapon.

While Flag of Iron still stands firmly as my favorite Venoms flick, this has a solid case for second place.

Subs, unfortunately I've never seen a dub of this one. (I enjoy both subs and dubs, and generally have no preference)

Archived