Which of Bruce Lee's fully completed films was the best?

Sifu

Which of Bruce's fully completed films was the best?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Bruce's fully completed films was the best?

• The Big Boss (1971)
    • Fist of Fury (1972)
    • Way of the Dragon (1972)
    • Enter the Dragon (1973)

Big Boss definitely...in that one Bruce was not beyond humanity but had weakness to alcohol and women.but when he took action it tore opponents apart:D

• Like 1

Big Boss definitely...in that one Bruce was not beyond humanity but had weakness to alcohol and women

And yet he felt bad about it in the morning, I know none of us would or have felt like that! :D Says something about his character's..........well..........character.

That was Bruce's best character. He actually drank some Hennessy, and boned a trick! :cool:

That is his most realistic part. A bit of the real Bruce..?

That was Bruce's best character. He actually drank some Hennessy, and boned a trick! :cool:

That is his most realistic part. A bit of the real Bruce..?

Doubt it, he believed in being of right mind, ALL THE TIME! It's in Tao of Jeet Kun Do.

Doubt it, he believed in being of right mind, ALL THE TIME! It's in Tao of Jeet Kun Do.

Tao of Jeet Kune Do wasn't written by Lee. It's a collection of writings he had taken from the books of Haislet, Dempsey, Driscoll, Nadi and Krishnamurti for his own use. It was then all put together in a hodge podge fashion and published as though is were Bruce's own work.

A far better read to gain an understanding of Jeet Kune Do is 'Jeet Kune Do: Bruce Lee's Commentaries On The Martial Way' published by Tuttle.

Also towards the end of his life Bruce Lee liked to have more than just a drop of Saki!!!

Amen, to that, fabhui. Straighten Sifu out on this subject. Bruce was FAR from the monesteric Monk type. He probably would have yelled at the screen when his own character in WOTD ran from the room when the "Italian Beauty" walked in topless! Lol.

In reality, he'd offer her some hashish brownies, and then explore her 'brownies', or browneyes. Lol.

Amen, to that, fabhui. Straighten Sifu out on this subject. Bruce was FAR from the monesteric Monk type. He probably would have yelled at the screen when his own character in WOTD ran from the room when the "Italian Beauty" walked in topless! Lol.

In reality, he'd offer her some hashish brownies, and then explore her 'brownies', or browneyes. Lol.

:rolleyes: Ouch that was brutal, but seriously! You want me to believe that everything in Dragon: The Bruce Lee story and all information provided by Linda Lee Caldwell is total bullshit!

Most of us here are experts of information of the genre, but in the end I'd believe their word over yours, just like you'd the same if I gave you some conflicting info

Morgoth Bauglir
You want me to believe that everything in Dragon: The Bruce Lee story and all information provided by Linda Lee Caldwell is total bullshit!

ummm, you are the only one who brought up Dragon the Bruce Lee story. Its like you are trying to have a conversation with yourself here:confused:

:rolleyes: You want me to believe that everything in Dragon: The Bruce Lee story and all information provided by Linda Lee Caldwell is total bullshit!

You're kidding right? You gotta be kidding!! LMAO

Chinatown Kid

Even though Bruce Lee was an incredible, charasmatic Martial Artist, he was still human like the rest of us with his own faults and bad habits. This doesn't make what he accomplished in his lifetime any less great. Do I think he ingested hash and fooled around on his wife? Yes! Do I still respect him for his skills and accomplishments? Yes! It is my belief that his bad habits is what caused his premature death. Then again, maybe it was his hyper-sensitivity to equagesic. I'm no Doctor so don't have the authority to really say....

You're kidding right? You gotta be kidding!! LMAO

Why is it funny! I'm asking you, do you think, then, that all that was bull! Tell me, because if you've never seen, then you don't know.

Chinatown Kid

Yes Dragon is a highly fictionalized account of Lee's life. For the more accurate story it would be better to read one of the biography books on Lee, one I will recommend is Fighting Matters by Bruce Thomas which I found highly imformative and seemed well researched. One big thing that stands out as false in the Dragon movie is that Bruce fought Wong Jack Man(played by John Chaing) at Ed Parker's Internationals. Bruce actually only put on a demonstration, but it was fabulous and amazing none the less. That guy also never kicked Bruce in the back causing his back injury, he actually injured it lifting weights. Bruce did fight fight Wong Jack Man when he was younger and accounts were that Bruce won but didn't look too impressive and Bruce himself thought it took too long and found himself winded, so changed his workout routine after and added alot more strength and stamina exercises to it. After this he got into alot more phenominal shape and kept improving.

Yes Dragon is a highly fictionalized account of Lee's life. For the more accurate story it would be better to read one of the biography books on Lee, one I will recommend is Fighting Matters by Bruce Thomas which I found highly imformative and seemed well researched. One big thing that stands out as false in the Dragon movie is that Bruce fought Wong Jack Man(played by John Chaing) at Ed Parker's Internationals. Bruce actually only put on a demonstration, but it was fabulous and amazing none the less. That guy also never kicked Bruce in the back causing his back injury, he actually injured it lifting weights. Bruce did fight fight Wong Jack Man when he was younger and accounts were that Bruce won but didn't look too impressive and Bruce himself thought it took too long and found himself winded, so changed his workout routine after and added alot more strength and stamina exercises to it. After this he got into alot more phenominal shape and kept improving.

And let's end it there, he was good man, liked a good time. And even though stories are minced about him he was one of the greatest martial artists period. And even though I don't believe him to be full of debauchery, he may've been into. Who hasn't though. :o

Why end it? There is a wealth of info. available Sifu if you seek the truth... Otherwise, if you want to hold the film-image of Lee as his true persona, you are not being realistic.

Only in recent years have more evidence of unsavory sides to his life/lifestyle are being brought to the forefront.

Remember, "People are more inclined to believe a HUGE lie than a little one..." Society is like that.

:cool:

Why end it? There is a wealth of info. available Sifu if you seek the truth... Otherwise, if you want to hold the film-image of Lee as his true persona, you are not being realistic.

Only in recent years have more evidence of unsavory sides to his life/lifestyle are being brought to the forefront.

Remember, "People are more inclined to believe a HUGE lie than a little one..." Society is like that.

My point exactly, those "truths" we were talking about, him doing drugs and so on, could be just as speculative. Just because somethin's on wikipedia doesn't make it truth. Even if it's in a biography, it could be bull, if Linda Lee Caldwell says it I'd believe it though. Wouldn't you, to do so would be ignorance in my opinion.

Morgoth Bauglir
My point exactly, those "truths" we were talking about, him doing drugs and so on, could be just as speculative. Just because somethin's on wikipedia doesn't make it truth. Even if it's in a biography, it could be bull, if Linda Lee Caldwell says it I'd believe it though. Wouldn't you, to do so would be ignorance in my opinion.

Almost everybody who knew Bruce says he used drugs. That makes it a fact to me. What, everybody is lying? :rolleyes:

those "truths" we were talking about, him doing drugs and so on, could be just as speculative.

it's well known that Bruce was taking drugs in one way or another. Bob Wall confirmed once that Bruce was testing marijuana for the first time since Steve McQueen introduced the drug to Bruce. even Chan Wai Man has confirmed that Bruce used marijuana for relaxation.

Chinatown Kid

It was confirmed in Bruce's autopsy that cannibis was found in his stomach, I don't see why that wouldn't prove any doubt he took the drug. It is well known that he took the drug as a way to relax being the high strung type person he was. Bob Wall claimed that Lee being a non-smoker ate the stuff in cookies.

My Dearest Sifu...

Man, do you know anything about Lee? If not, there are many a Lee supporter out here who will be happy to tell you. I don't believe you are as informed as you may like to be, however, we here at the KFCF would be more than happy to enlighten your path as you seek razors in the dark... then again... NOT!

WAAATAAAHHH!!!

Bruce took cannabis...FACT...Bruce liked more than just a drop of Saki...FACT...Bruce was a womaniser...FACT

Does all of that make him any less of a person? Does it bollocks!!

All of us have our faults, our weaknesses and flaws. We are human beings and not one of us is perfect!

Bruce took cannabis...FACT...Bruce liked more than just a drop of Saki...FACT...Bruce was a womaniser...FACT

Find these facts. That's all I have to say, otherwise you're an idiot for passing these as fact without solid proof.