Which of Bruce Lee's fully completed films was the best?

Sifu

Which of Bruce's fully completed films was the best?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Bruce's fully completed films was the best?

• The Big Boss (1971)
    • Fist of Fury (1972)
    • Way of the Dragon (1972)
    • Enter the Dragon (1973)

That is a damn shame Bruce and Bolo didn't get to fight on screen. Makes no sense:confused:

I hate Bolo's only fight in the movie! He gets kicked in the nuts by John Saxon and dies :rolleyes:WHAT!

Guest Iron_Jinon

pathetic...john saxon would have died from looks of bolo in real....game of death had some good fightscenes filmed pity we never gonna find out how complete film would have rocked:(.

Fist of Fury is my #1 favorite of Bruce's complete films followed by Enter the Dragon, then The Big Boss, and then Way of the Dragon.

Guest Morgoth
Did you know he was supposed to do a Shaw Bros. film, but it was never completed :( I forgot where I heard that!

Not a Shaws movie, but he was supposed to be in Lo Wei's Rebellious Reign. Board member Raider Yang's avatar has Bruce dressed in a costume for that movie.

He probably didn't work with the Shaw Brothers because he got a lot more money at Golden Harvest.

Guest Iron_Jinon

Shaws should have been really ashamed for releasing shit like Bruce Lee And I:mad:...I watched fist of fury this morning(last time was maybe 5 years ago) and it was even better than I remembered,chinese surely must have loved that movie a lot...what bugs me a bit Bruce is always too good.there are not really good duels in his movies(except against norris+maybe some in game of deaths surfaced footage,I have not bothered to check out???).99% of henchmen are just waiting to be kicked&powerpunched by bruce.

Guest Iron_Jinon
Even his match against Chuck Norris wasn't too much of a fight. Bruce had no problem with Chuck at all.

you are right,and maybe Han Ying Chieh was bit tougher.Still no contest.

It's a tough choice for me as I'm a big Bruce Lee appreciator and like all of his movies for various reasons.

If I had to pick only one then it would be Fist of Fury as that movie is just so intense. Big Boss would come a close second for me, a very dark moive which to me at times feels like it's verging on 'horror' territory.

Guest Iron_Jinon

sunlight??I just googled info about finnish tape I saw in early nineties and noticed it was cut over 11 mins:eek: .*sigh*I hated movie then and not hardcore bruce junkie but I have to invest for dvd to see what I have missed...in case some1 is curious from,this list can see how strict censopship has been here in past http://users.tkk.fi/~javaisa2/hellhole/sfx.html :rolleyes:

cut=leikattu

edit;bloodsport cut 17!!!mins

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think Chuck Norris was Bruce's best one on one opponent on film. That fight to me had the best choreography and flow out of all his screen fights. Chuck was clearly kicking Bruce's ass at the start of the fight until Bruce changed his fighting tactics. Instead of attacking straight in like he did at first, he started dancing and faking Chuck out and establishing his own rythum to the fight. Bruce was applying his own personal philosopy of Jeet Kune Do to the fight and the reason this fight stands out above all his others imo.

CK, I disagree with your call as to who was Bruce's best onscreen opponent.

I believe Bob Wall was his best opponent on screen and their fight choreography together always made for great action.

It would have been great to see Lee perform choreography under a stylist, who would have him do shapes...:P (I know, Lee hated shapes), however, that was the direction MA movies was heading anyway, and it still would've been great.

Guest Milkyway
I think Chuck Norris was Bruce's best one on one opponent on film. That fight to me had the best choreography and flow out of all his screen fights. Chuck was clearly kicking Bruce's ass at the start of the fight until Bruce changed his fighting tactics. Instead of attacking straight in like he did at first, he started dancing and faking Chuck out and establishing his own rythum to the fight. Bruce was applying his own personal philosopy of Jeet Kune Do to the fight and the reason this fight stands out above all his others imo.

I can understand people taking FoF or Big Boss over WotD, that's due to Lee's presence as an actor and fighting style: energy, emotion, anger and charisma and I'll have to agree in some way (in WotD Bruce only shines when he fights, nothing more). but I'm with Chinatown Kid, Bruce was def in his prime choreography-wise in that movie and I believe Bruce would've taken his choreo style to a whole new level if he had lived long enough to complete Game Of Death (I personally take the original footage anyday over everything in Big Boss, Fist Of Fury and Enter The Dragon).

Guest Chinatown Kid
I believe bob Wall was his best opponent on screen

Dragon I respect your opinion and the fights Bruce has with Wall in Way and ETD were great but I think this was because Wall made a great punching bag so to speak and made Bruce look all the more better, but he wasn't much of an opponent skillwise because he was no challenge to Bruce. :)

Dragon I respect your opinion and the fights Bruce has with Wall in Way and ETD were great but I think this was because Wall made a great punching bag so to speak and made Bruce look all the more better, but he wasn't much of an opponent skillwise because he was no challenge to Bruce. :)

I totally agree with you! That's exactly what me and people I've spoken to all said. When you recall his fights you remember, "Did you see how bad Bruce whooped his ass!", never, "Did you see the moves that guy did!". He was enjoyable to watch when he was beaten, Enter the Dragon and in Game of Death :D

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think I understand what you mean Sifu, it was more believable to see Bruce take some punishment as well in his fights because it made him all the more human instead of an invincible superman that couldn't be hurt.

Guest kungfood

IMO, his best completed film was probably Fist of Fury, but it wouldn't have been any good without Bruce Lee. His presence and skills made it what it was.

My personal favorite to watch was Way of the Dragon. I thought the fight scenes, and Lee's skills overall, looked the sharpest here.

My personal favorite to watch was Way of the Dragon.

I can't believe that Way of the Dragon is in last place in the polls! :eek: It's my second favorite, followed by Enter the Dragon and Big Boss. I loved the fact that it had my favorite comedic scenes from Bruce Lee, it was so funny to see him like a fish out of water. I mean come on, I die everytime I see it......

youtubewayofthedragonreat1.jpgyoutubewayofthedragonreun1.jpgyoutubewayofthedragonrefa2.jpg3d83ax7.jpg

I totally agree with you! That's exactly what me and people I've spoken to all said. When you recall his fights you remember, "Did you see how bad Bruce whooped his ass!", never, "Did you see the moves that guy did!". He was enjoyable to watch when he was beaten, Enter the Dragon and in Game of Death :D

Well if that's the case, Sifu, how about his fights with Dan Inosanto and Jie Han Jae in GOD? Those fights showed Lee adapting to the opponent very well and in one he verbally tells the opponent/audience why he's going to succeed in battle and in the other, he physically expresses the same.

"...Rehearsed routines lack the flexability to adapt..."

:cool:

Well if that's the case, Sifu, how about his fights with Dan Inosanto and Jie Han Jae in GOD? Those fights showed Lee adapting to the opponent very well and in one he verbally tells the opponent/audience why he's going to succeed in battle and in the other, he physically expresses the same.

"...Rehearsed routines lack the flexability to adapt..."

:cool:

What're you talking about! I know that fact about Lee, I was talking solely about Bob Wall, I meant that all they used him for was to get his butt beat in the movies. I'd never question Lee's ability.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah most of Bruce's screen opponents were nowhere near his level, I guess Chuck and Kareem seemed to give him the most trouble on screen. There's no questioning Lee's abilities for sure, he was way ahead of his time. :)

Guest kungfood

Too bad Lee never had a screen fight with Yasuaki Kurata; with Kurata's speed and skills, it would have been a good one. They did know each other, though, and probably would've eventually worked together.