Which of Bruce Lee's fully completed films was the best?

Sifu

Which of Bruce's fully completed films was the best?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Bruce's fully completed films was the best?

• The Big Boss (1971)
    • Fist of Fury (1972)
    • Way of the Dragon (1972)
    • Enter the Dragon (1973)

I have to say that there is only one that is my absolute favorite, Fist of Fury. It had great acting from Bruce, the famous Dojo scene where he takes down a whole Japanese martial arts school and it was a great way of seeing how the Chinese viewed the Japanese of the past.

Enter the Dragon did have his most amazing action sequences, and of course had a very large budget, which lent to it's large scale sets and locales. But it took so long to build up I just fast forward past the first 40 minutes whenever I watch it! :D Do I need to mention how bad John Saxon was?!

The Big Boss was impressive as his first flick but of course wasn't his best by way of story or even his best acting. I'd have to say that Way of the Dragon is my second favorite, he did such a relatively good job as director. The plot was minimal, but the fact that he kicks Chuck Norris' ass is enough. I hate kids at my school with all there Chuck Norris jokes who think Chuck could beat Bruce. They're crazy! Bruce is the man!!!

6ecesz6.jpg

Guest Chinatown Kid

Fist of Fury is Bruce's best overall movie but my favorite is Way of the Dragon, the Bruce vs Chuck fight is one of my favorite fight scenes of all time.

That's probably the order I'd do it in except for Game of Death, that was just horrible! :eek:

I made this MV for Bruce Lee's greatest moments a couple months ago, I think you guys'll like it.

lph7Qd0IDOc

By the way, if you haven't visited my Youtube or Veoh accounts please do.

Fist of Fury, the greatest Kung Fu film of all time...

This movie gave audiences what they were craving in the absolute grandest

fashion. The building tension between the suppressors and the victims, the rascist comments, the ass whippings Bruce hands out every chance he gets...

Do i need continue?

:cool:

Guest will91XingYu

I had to go with Big Boss as the best, i love that movie, it's cool as well to see Lam Ching Ying and Chan Lung in there as well. I love the end fight, brutal and loads of blood.

I had to go with Big Boss as the best, i love that movie, it's cool as well to see Lam Ching Ying and Chan Lung in there as well. I love the end fight, brutal and loads of blood.

Speaking of blood, did you know there was a scene cut from the theatrical version of the Big Boss where he saws a dude's head in half :eek:

You can see it http://youtube.com/watch?v=O4oKRPte0go.

Guest tarim69

Fist of Fury followed by Big Boss

Way is just ok, but Enter is so badly filmed. Clouse had no idea how to shoot a martial arts film.

You had the guy with the greatest footwork on the planet, so yea shoot a entire film of him from the waist up.

Too many close in and up shots for a martial arts film - missing action on the sides.

Guest will91XingYu

lol yeh iv always wanted to see that bit, Bruce is a total badass in this film, thankd for the link even if it was badly edited together!

Guest Drunken Monk

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "Enter the Dragon." In my eyes it is the definitive light hearted actioner. I also think Bruce Lee's filmography is pretty overrated. "The Big Boss" is poor in pretty much every way.

Still, I understand why people vote "fist of Fury" as it has that classical ring to it. It plays out very strongly.

I voted for Fist of Fury. It has the best story out of all of Bruce's films. Enter The Dragon would be my second vote.

To tell you the truth, if it didn't have one of the most boring first halfs Enter The Dragon could've been my favorite! :(

Guest Morgoth

That was a great finale, but this thread is about his best movie. One scene doesn't really make a movie. Look at Flash Point for example. It has one of the best finales ever, but that doesn't mean it is a better movie than SPL.

That was a great finale, but this thread is about his best movie. One scene doesn't really make a movie. Look at Flash Point for example. It has one of the best finales ever, but that doesn't mean it is a better movie than SPL.

Yeah! SPL was the bomb! To tell you the truth I liked ending of Flash Point better :D HA HA!

Guest Milkyway
That was a great finale, but this thread is about his best movie. One scene doesn't really make a movie.

that's what I meant overall, the finale is just one thing that makes the whole movie the best imo. I'll add that the movie is more enjoyable due to the revenge-free plot, the good humor and great scenery.

This is tough! I voted for Fist of Fury for overall best movie, Enter the Dragon would be my second vote. Its hard to match the intensity displayed in FOF. That is just a classic movie and my vote for best kung fu film of all time.

Guest Iron_Jinon

I have to say big boss...fight scenes not maybe as great as in fist of fury but I liked storyline...way of the dragon entertaining but nothing more,enter the dragon(even as considered by many greatest martial arts movie) was quite unimpressive.only parts in that I really liked was when bruce escaped from dungeons.

5 Element Boxer
enter the dragon(even as considered by many greatest martial arts movie) was quite unimpressive.only parts in that I really liked was when bruce escaped from dungeons.

I've always felt the same way about Enter The Dragon. I would've liked to have seen Bruce kick Bolo's ass, but I guess you can't have everything. Oh well. At least we got to see him woop on Sammo. :P