is this an official shaw brothers site?

Guest dndcollect

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a NICE site, thanks for sharing. The Shaws really have a strong support base, why doesn't the Celestial group see this?:confused:

Guest tantao3,son of tantao2

..."supported by Celestial Pictures"...I was wondering myself what this means: you may ask sadshawfan about this...

Guest teako170

Fan site only. Ask mahsingyi more on this as he was helping to promote this site and moved all his custom covers from shaolinchamber to this site.

SBR has grown quickly. I first visited there some months ago and was floored by my visit just now. Hopefully they'll do those Southern Screen articles in English eventually.

Guest teako170

Regarding this site, mahsingyi commented the following in the old forum back in June:

"This German website run by two influental aficionados is just a very small taste of what is to come in the near future.

As there are current talks with rights owners and cooperation partners like Celestial, TVB, Shaw and IVL it looks like that a much bigger and global thing is coming your way which will be hosted in several languages and the magazine in question therfore is just a test that will be produced professionally in ENG & CHIN some time soon..."

Guest SadShawFan

This site (actually it is two websites (German & English) is growing fast and soon getting professional as they have some 170.000 unique users on some days and the talks have been encouraging so far.

By the way for those who ask about it: After a test run with the special for the 100th birthday of Sir Run Run Shaw, beginning with the new November 2007 issue of the Southern Screen Magazine (which btw. will be published on both websites in a few hours later today) this publication will be available in both English and German.

As far as the plans go in 2008 there will be Magazines in ENG/GER/Chinese and French and instead of just two current websites there will be websites in ENG, GER, Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian and Japanese. Furthermore this site will go fully professional sometime in Spring/Summer 2008.

Guest teako170

Thanks SadShawFan for that update. The future of this site sounds very promising. Do you know if they plan to redo the prior SS mags in English as well or just the issues forward from Nov 07?

Guest teako170
There are no such plans for the moment. But it might be a good idea for 2008.

however, the new Southern Screen Magazine is out now. Feel free to read and discuss.

Nice.

Very nice, indeed.

I've emailed the site to discuss web banner exchange.

Archived