Ti Lung and Lau Kar Leung

Guest kungfusamurai

Feng probably being the lesser acrobatic out of the two but still very agile as proved in The Daredevils,
You might have a point there.His butterfly jump is perfect but overall I think he does not use somersault,cartwheel or use tricky ground movements(tumbling,falling,rolling) as much as kuo chui or chiang sheng.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at the time when Lau Kar Leung really got started in directing, Ti lung became Chor Yuen's favorite actor, so Chor Yuen practically hogged Ti Lung for some time. Besides, I think Lau was content on working with his favs such as Hsiao Ho, Wong Yu, Wang Lung Wei, Gordon Liu, even Fu sheng, and don't let me forget his one time love, miss kara hui ying hung

Hsiao Ho, Wong Yu, Wang Lung Wei, Gordon Liu, even Fu sheng, and don't let me forget his one time love, miss kara hui ying hung

pardon me from saying this but movies did not exactly benefit from Wong Yu and Hsaio Ho...

and we never know answer would there have been that many venoms movies if not trouble between liu chia liang and chang cheh.But I would guess no.

But many of chang cheh movies I rate most highly does not feature liu chia liang as choreographer.

Kara Hui I love though...but who does not???

• Administrator
pardon me from saying this but movies did not exactly benefit from Wong Yu and Hsaio Ho...

and we never know answer would there have been that many venoms movies if not trouble between liu chia liang and chang cheh.But I would guess no.

But many of chang cheh movies I rate most highly does not feature liu chia liang as choreographer.

Kara Hui I love though...but who does not???

I must agree with your statement about Kara! :bigsmile:

Just for the sake of discussion though, I'm curious if you've seen Hsiao Ho in MAD MONKEY KUNG FU? Though I'd have liked a bit less comedy in it, his kung fu and acrobatics in this film are simply phenomenal. His battles in LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF KUNG FU and DISCIPLES OF THE 36TH CHAMBER were also excellent IMO.

As for Wang Yu, he was brilliant in DIRTY HO and THE SPIRITUAL BOXER.

Have you see these examples? And what are your thoughts on them? What is it about these two that you don't like? Just curious. :nerd:

Hsiao Ho in MAD MONKEY KUNG FULEGENDARY WEAPONS OF KUNG FU and DISCIPLES OF THE 36TH CHAMBER were also excellent IMO.

As for Wang Yu, he was brilliant in DIRTY HO and THE SPIRITUAL BOXER.

It`s long time since I saw Mad Monkey Kung-Fu and I can`t recall really did I like movie or not.Should visit it again but I remember at least Hsaio Ho did some crazy aerial stuff in end fight.

Legendary Weapons and Disciples I have to disagree your opinion.

Dirty Ho is good movie but it`s prime example why Gordon Lius appearence is so important in LKL movies.Some weaker actor in lead I would not like it.Scene where Gordon has duel with Winemaster wang lung wei is awesome:)

Spiritual Boxer I have not watched.Part 2 was quite weak but few friends have said part 1 is better so I think give it a go very soon.I already own it.

Well,I`m not so huge fan of slapstick and Wong Yu and Hsaio Ho do it lot in LKL movies.Some kind overacting also but thats just my opinion.I respect their opinions who like those 2,good for them....

Archived