Yuen Biao

Guest will91XingYu

DragonClaws

There's no Part 2 on YouTube, for this interview, so maybe the the second half was mislabled Part 3?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Zhan Gua Ren

large.2104865536_TowerofDeath01.jpg

Tower of Death

AKA

Game of Death 2

Roy Chiao & Yuen Biao

Edited by Zhan Gua Ren
  • Like 4

On 11/23/2015 at 5:03 AM, kingofkungfu2002 said:

Seeing Yuen's early films like Knockabout and Prodigal Son, I can see a change in his fluidity and extension when compared to his later films like Millionaire's Express and Kid from Tibet; this is especially noticeable in his kicks.  I read that Yuen was also taught for a time by Tan Tao-Liang, so that could be a reason.

• Like 4

On 5/18/2019 at 10:51 AM, DragonClaws said:

I have this series, 40 chapters, not in HD though. I preferred watching "Real Kung Fu" with Yuen Biao and Bryan Leung Kar Yan -minus the beard....and hair for that matter.

Edited by morpheus
  • Like 4

DragonClaws

The Inquisition: Yuen Biao, martial arts star (2014)

Link- https://www.scmp.com/magazines/48hrs/article/1616962/inquisition-yuen-biao-martial-arts-star

The martial arts star is glad to be back on the big screen in a leading role, but don’t expect to see him in a weepie any time soon

20141016_48_yuenbiao1.jpg?itok=9l374uvt

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 10:14 PM, DragonClaws said:

A big thanks to @rdenn, for taking the time to share/up=load these video's from his collection.

What ??!! There is a series called 12 deadly coins ??!!

I wasn't eeven aware of it, thanks for sharing @rdenn !!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 5:22 PM, DragonClaws said:

This needs to be subtitled in English and other languages, then put on a Special Edition release, of one Yuan Biaos movies.

A very bold fashion choice by Yuen Biao here, lol. Love this guy, such a fantastic martial arts performer, he really deserved to be just as big as Jackie and Sammo.

• Like 3

Yuen Biao pictured with fellow super-kicker Won Jin while the latter was filming The Scorpion King (aka Operatin Scorpio). They did eventually get to go toe-to-toe in 2002's No Problem 2. The fight is decent but how awesome would it have been for them to work together during Yuen Biao's prime, it could've been the best kick-fest ever!!!

Yuen Biao visiting The Scorpion King set.jpg

No Prob 12.jpg

• Like 4

This show is one of my favorites.  Dick Wei.....well, lives up to his name in the film.

• Like 6

Chu Liu Hsiang

Yuen Biao in a soccer movie! Never heard of this one before. Not a soccer fan but would love to see it. Seems it got a bluray release in HK some months ago. 

• Like 3

It's a shame that Shaolin Soccer got so much attention whereas this movie only seems to be known to hardcore Yuen Biao fans. If it had made it to the west the way Shaolin Soccer did, perhaps Yuen Biao would've made it to the same level as Jackie and Sammo, as he certainly deserved.

• Like 3

Cognoscente

Both The Champions and Righting Wrongs should have been his breakthrough hits in England and America respectively.

I remember the first time that I saw Righting Wrongs, I thought it was going to be an American movie due to the UK VHS sleeve with Rothrock prominently displayed on the front, along with Cunningham and Sheperd displayed on the back.

• Like 3

Cognoscente

I wish that Yuen Biao was interviewed about his first trip to America. In Jackie Chan's first memoir, it was mentioned that Biao moved to Los Angeles with Yu Jim-Yuen. When Biao returned to HK to become a stuntman, he told Jackie and Sammo that there was no place for a Chinese man in American movies.

• Like 2