Yuen Biao

Guest will91XingYu

Guest will91XingYu

I wanted to start a thread about one of my all time action heroes Yuen Biao! In my opinion i think Knockabout is his best film , cos he gest to show his kicks, forms and acrobatics! I loved Eastern Condors too, his stunts and kicks are insane in this film!

thanks, will

Guest will91XingYu

Cool thanks. I have to say the Kickboxer was pretty good, but anything hes in really from the late 70s to early 90s is awesome in my book (when he fights). I didn;t know as well that he started his own Yuen Ga Ban, i think Chang Shan was going to be in it but then i don;t think Yuen Biao made many action pics of his own after Kickboxer.

Guest Morgoth

Yeah you know dick Wei was good since people kept bringing him back even though he hurt a lot of people. In Mark Houghton's first movie Final Run, Wei kicked him full force in the neck. I would like to see Wei try that on Billy Chow.

Guest inframan

Righting Wrongs has some amazing stunts, the DVD I have has 2 different versions.

Also the final fight in Dreadnaught is worth a mention.

Still havent seen the Iceman Cometh....

knockabout

prodigal son

millionares express

iceman cometh

worst

circus kids

peacock king

i heard a story about billy chow stopping some kind of hiest or riot single handed in canada at a mall before.. is that true?

• Like 1

Guest Milkyway

Righting Wrongs

Dragons Forever

On The Run

The Iceman Cometh

License To Steal

Shanghai Shanghai

The Millionaires Express

Wheels On Meals

Eastern Condors

The Champions

Rosa

Twinkle Twinkle Lucky stars

My Lucky Stars

The Prodigal Son

Project A

Yuen Biao was excellent in Prodigal Son and Knockabout. Many don't consider his co starring role in Once Upon A Time In China, and the Lucky Star films, he is a most talented artist who really doesn't garner enough praise.

• Like 1

I kinda liked "The Hero Of Swallow". Not his absolute best, but a fun film. There are some parts of it that look like Crouching Dragon". I also liked Knockabout.

He was amazing in Avenging Fist! So was Sammo! :D

Yuen Biao's best performances will most definitely have to be the old school classics with him and Sammo.

Prodigal Son

Knockabout

Magnificent Butcher

Two somewhat recent appearances of Yuen Biao which were nice was his appearance in No Problem 2 and his lead role in Real Kung Fu tv series.

• Like 1

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think the movie that showcased Yuen's talent and skills the most was Knockabout but he was also great in Eastern Condors, Dragon's Forever, Righting Wrongs and Iceman Commeth. Also the fight in the Pepsi Factory in Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars, when he flips off the crate, does a tornado kick and then staright into a spinning back kick nailing Ko Fei was incredible! Jackie and Andy Lau were great in that fight scene too.....

Guest will91XingYu

I think Andy Lau is pretty good on screen fighting, he was doubled once by Chin Kar Lok in Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars, and in one of the Aces Go Places films he does great kicks and few good stunts, it's the one where Sammo fghts Matsuya Tazuji(?) in a dfight longer than like 3 minutes!

Guest shelliegal

i love anything with yuen biaos but my favorites (haven't seen dreadnaught and need to rewatch prodigal son):

knockabout - what can i say? this one really knocked the breath out of me.

eastern condors - he looks his best here imo.

Guest Endsang

You should see Dreadnaught.. it's essential Yuen Woo Ping material. Yuen Biao's character can get a bit annoying, but his laundry-fu is very cool, and Yuen Shun Yee plays the most psychotic villain ever. Also features a very good lion dance sequence.

My favourite is Knockabout by the way. He also gave me quite a laugh in Dragons forever, especially when he flips off the guy in the bar. :D

Guest shelliegal
You should see Dreadnaught.. it's essential Yuen Woo Ping material. Yuen Biao's character can get a bit annoying, but his laundry-fu is very cool, and Yuen Shun Yee plays the most psychotic villain ever. Also features a very good lion dance sequence.

My favourite is Knockabout by the way. He also gave me quite a laugh in Dragons forever, especially when he flips off the guy in the bar. :D

my copy of dreadnaught (& prodigal son) HKL is on the way. i cannot wait to see it actually.

i agreed with you about yuen biao in dragons forever. loved the innuedos that yuen biao gave. it's so different from him usually so they're pretty funny. especially when he was waving his hand in sammo's face while gaving yuen wah an earful. :D