Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao or Sammo Hung

Guest will91XingYu

Guest ekisha

Maybe i'm a bit late but i think Yuen Biao is the best from all of them.And also i admire Sammo as great director/producer/actor and he can such things with his weight.The only thing is i don't like Jackie because he lied about most of his stunts,just lot of people doubled for him.

________

Fetish tube

I think Sammo's films are overall the best. He's got this self-depreciating form of comedy that seems more honest than Jackie's. Plus he puts so much physical energy into his fights, even more so than Jackie or Yuen when you compare the physique of the three men. Don't get me wrong, I think Yuen is an awesome and incomparable stunt man, and Jackie's had his great moments and it's a credit to him that Asian films finally got some new life in the West starting with Rumble In The Bronx, but Sammo's just more fun to watch.

KFS

I agree. Sammo was such an innovative man with abilities that were not surpassed by seemingly more "experienced" people in the industry. His ability to go learn a technique/style, return and teach his co-stars, was something really special. He's really on par with LKL, and is head and shoulders above others...

Check the camerawork in Magnificent Butcher & The Victim. The way the camera follows the action with various zooms, in and out. Excellence!!

silver hermit

sammo!! he was like an industry on to himself. jackie made the money but sammo tried to always help new talent and produce films he also raised to profile of women in films and was instrumental in the GWG genre. as far as choreography every once in a while someone comes and changes the way things are done. after lau kar leung i would say sammo was the most instrumental in the direction choreography took in the 80's.

All of them are great and legends. I think Sammo is the best overall and is half step over the other two, but Jackie and Biao to me are in the same slot can't pick one over the other.

Chinatown Kid

Each one really had their own special attributes. Yuen Biao was the best acrobat and kicker, Sammo looked to be the most powerful and also was great with weapons, while Jackie was in the middle and seemed to have a blend of the other two's skills. All 3 are awesome in my book.

yuen biao was probably the most physically gifted out of the 3 jackie chan probably the most sucessfull world wide. But for me it has to be sammo he is the reason iam watching these movies today i can never get bored of watching a sammo movie. second would be yuen biao and third would be jackie.

I like all of the 3 kung fu brothers, but Jackie is my hero. It was because of him I started to watch kung fu films back in 1995 (Rumble in the Bronx)

dragonsforever1.jpg

MasterDrunk

Sammo for me overall,hes done so much in making and starring in so many of my alltimers {cant think of 1 i havnt liked} where as there of loads jackies i didnt care for but suppose would put him 2nd for overall contribution,which sadly leaves yuen 3rd ,which is a shame for on pure fighting/style for me it would be a coin flip with him and Sammo.

SamuraiDana

I'd pick Sammo. He's the most versatile actor of all three and one of a handful of great directors to emerge out of the kung fu genre. He has reinvented himself several times over the course of his career and has turned out more superb films than any action film director his age or younger to come out of Hollywood. I almost never get tired of Sammo. I can't say the same about Jackie. As for Yuen, yeah, a lot of potential there that never got fully explored. He should have been a much bigger star.

littlefuzzy

Jackie Chan really is the tops for me, I like his early stuff, later HK stuff, and even the Hollywood stuff. I have had the most exposure to his works.

Sammo Hung was great in Shanghai Express, and the Martial Law TV show.

I haven't seen a lot of Yuen Baio, except paired with the other two.

I do like all three of them together (Lucky Stars, etc.)

shaolin drunkard

I like Jackie most,Samo is great also.Yuen Biao might be best kicker&acrobat of trio but I am not that impressed of his acting ability.

When I watch old HK movies, my mom occasionally steps in and makes comments. If Yuen Biao is on the screen, she always mentions how he's too ugly and should never have been in movies. Perhaps this is why he isn't as popular? Middle aged HK ladies always have the funniest opinions.

I think Sammo is the best. He'd be the one I'd go to for creating a great fight scene. Jackie's got some great choreography too, but it always ends up goofy things. But that's his style, so it's a preference thing for me. Yuen, I don't think his behind the camera efforts equal his brothers's.

Guest Yi-Long
When I watch old HK movies, my mom occasionally steps in and makes comments. If Yuen Biao is on the screen, she always mentions how he's too ugly and should never have been in movies. Perhaps this is why he isn't as popular? Middle aged HK ladies always have the funniest opinions.

I think Sammo is the best. He'd be the one I'd go to for creating a great fight scene. Jackie's got some great choreography too, but it always ends up goofy things. But that's his style, so it's a preference thing for me. Yuen, I don't think his behind the camera efforts equal his brothers's.

So your mom must be happy by all those 'pretty' non-talented HK popstars being in every movie and TV-show now...

Give me 'ugly' Yuen Biao over Louis Koo or Aaron Kwok any day of the week.

From the 3 brothers, I like Yuen Biao the most when it comes to martial arts ability, cause he's just so fast and able to do all the complicated moves and high kicks. Also, I would have liked to have seen more of his fight-choreography, as his work on Heart of the Dragon is some of the best there is.

Sammo is a close second, with great ability (especially considering his size) in armed and unarmed martial arts, a lot of charisma, great acting talent, comedic talent, an extremely talented director (who sadly hardly made any movies the last 15 years...), etc etc.

Jackie, to me, is the least talented of the 3. His movies would have been better if he would have allowed better and more demanding directors to make his movies. As far as martial arts/screenfighting ability, I prefer both Yuen Biao and Sammo over Jackie. Same thing for acting/comedy, and same thing for directing (Sammo)/choreography(Biao/Sammo).

So your mom must be happy by all those 'pretty' non-talented HK popstars being in every movie and TV-show now...

Give me 'ugly' Yuen Biao over Louis Koo or Aaron Kwok any day of the week.

Sounds like somebody hated Throwdown...

Guest Yi-Long
Sounds like somebody hated Throwdown...

Gawd I wanna see that movie!

I haven't had luck with that movie. I wanted to see it at my girlfriend's house and the disc was scratched or something (didn't play), and later I ordered it from CDWOW and it got lost in the mail and they never replaced it.

I don't hate Louis Koo or Aaron Kwok btw. I just feel they are mostly cast for their looks and 'popularity' above anything else. I prefer to see a proper actor like Patrick Tam Yiu Man.

cooksandkungfoodle

jackie chan has been my hero for 22 years almost!! followed his every move..but his last few american movies over the years have ben terrible!!

as i have just hit my 30s i am admiring sammo more than ever..

he just has it all!!!

all 3 im massive fans of sammo just wins it for me!!

Yuen Biao has to be my fave too. His acrobatic skill is truly awesome but I can't beleive he never made it big! such a shame.

The only thing is i don't like Jackie because he lied about most of his stunts,just lot of people doubled for him.

really I only knew about him being doubled for the motor bike riding through glass in the mall in Police Story. are there many others?

TibetanWhiteCrane
Maybe i'm a bit late but i think Yuen Biao is the best from all of them.And also i admire Sammo as great director/producer/actor and he can such things with his weight.The only thing is i don't like Jackie because he lied about most of his stunts,just lot of people doubled for him.

He didn't lie about MOST OF HIS STUNTS, as you put it! the only people who ever belived that he did all of his own stunts, were wide eyed fanboys, or people who knew very little about him or how HK action filmmaking works. When he came to Hollywood, he was (poorly) advised to go with the gimmick of "doing all his own stunts".

really I only knew about him [Jackie] being doubled for the motor bike riding through glass in the mall in Police Story. are there many others?

I'm curious about this as well.

lillippa328

ive never heard about jackie lying about his stunts....just watch the credits of the movies...poor guy took plenty of crucial stungs....(project A fall from the clock for example)....

even if he didnt do a couple here or there, who cares...hes paid his dues with his hundreds and hundreds of stunts

Yuen Biao has to be my fave too. His acrobatic skill is truly awesome but I can't beleive he never made it big! such a shame.

damn right...I love great kicking displays and he just has amazing acrobatic kicking skills