Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao or Sammo Hung

Guest will91XingYu

Guest will91XingYu

Which one of these three are you faviroutes. They all went to the same opera school, and did many films together like My Lucky Stars, Project A, Wheels on Meals and Dragons forever. My faviroute of the three is Yuen Biao, for me he's the best martial arts wise IMO, his kicks are sublime and his acrobatics are on another level. I love the other two but this guys awesome.

Thanks, will

Guest Hermeskungfu

As a favourite for me it would be Yuen Biao. But for reasons I have never understood he never really made it big (except in Japan) and it is getting too late now. The few films he directed are interesting but very reflective of his Buddhist views. Jackie is something else, almost defies comment, but I really admire Sammo for his versatility and great skills in so many directions. I saw an interview where he said he was typecast with kung fu films but had actually wanted to make great dramas. Hmmm!

Guest will91XingYu

Cool, i didn't know Yuen Biao was a devout budhist! I saw his new tv show when i was in Hong Kong, it also stars Gordon Liu, Leung Kar Yan and Norman Chiu was in an episode i think, he still does his own stunts and stuff, it's like a cop/horror drama from what i could make out.

Guest will91XingYu

I love the Dragon Forever end fight its amazing not only for these three and Billy Chow and Yuen Wah but for Benny the Jet, when i met him in london i asked him what it was like working with these guys, he said like best experience! He was the coolest dude, cos i like ran after him down the road and he shook my hand instead of roundhousing me in the face.

Guest Shaolindogma

Ive always loved Sammo's style and great abilities, not only as an actor but as a MAD. He is also my fave because he has been very modest in his career and especially nice to fans and reporters.

Guest Morgoth

There is no way I can pick which is my favorite. this is like Markgway asking if I like Young Master more than Magnificent Butcher :P I just can't decide!

Guest FrankyLau

I would say Sammo is the best martial artist out of the 3..

Yuen the best acrobat and he also is the most symphatic(sp?) out of the 3

jackie had the most succesful films out of the 3

Guest Chinatown Kid

My favorite would be Yuen Biao, he was the best kicker and acrobat out of the 3 imo. I'm a big fan of all 3 though and think they are true legends! :cool:

Guest theportlykicker

I really can't decide between Jackie and Sammo, so I'm gonna say it's a tie between those two, with Biao bringing up the rear, I'm afraid. I like Biao, but I actually think Jackie was the much stronger fighter- he had much better hands, and, contrary to what most people think, he was a much better kicker IMO. Yeah, Biao's kicks had good form, but they sometimes looked a little weak. And of course, Sammo was just a phenomenal all-rounder.

Guest kungfusamurai

I think Sammo's films are overall the best. He's got this self-depreciating form of comedy that seems more honest than Jackie's. Plus he puts so much physical energy into his fights, even more so than Jackie or Yuen when you compare the physique of the three men. Don't get me wrong, I think Yuen is an awesome and incomparable stunt man, and Jackie's had his great moments and it's a credit to him that Asian films finally got some new life in the West starting with Rumble In The Bronx, but Sammo's just more fun to watch.

KFS

I would go with Sammo, he really is the best filmmaker of the three, but after seeing Young Master and how Police Story revolutionized HK cinema towards modern-day films I'd have to go with Jackie!

Guest shelliegal

absolutely yuen biao!

he's the cutest of the 3 imo. and his acrobatic abilities are just amazing - agile, graceful, and beautiful! i never get tired of watching his fight scenes. no wonder he does a bunch of doubling for others.

in a very close 2nd is sammo hung - love him as an actor, martial artist, and choreographer. i felt that sammo and yuen biao work together more so than with jackie. and i think sammo doesn't mind standing back and letting biao shine while with jackie it's all jackie.

jackie's 3rd. his stunts are incredible.

these 3 are so un-matchable and irreplacable that it's sad - for chinese movies and fans alike.

Guest Drunken Monk

Sammo, in my opinion, is possibly the best martial arts star ever. His ability to convey emotion and then explode into fantastic kung fu is what makes him so great. I really wish he could focus and direct a modern kung fu epic that has that old Sammo touch to it.

I can't decide on a favorite because each brings a certain style of his own to the table:

Jackie Chan - the everyman who takes a hit, lets people know he can take a hit, but keeps on fighting.

Sammo Hung - despite his portly shape, can keep up with the best of them, and is one of the best MA choreographers in film history.

Yuen Biao - the "acrobat" of the trio, he can pull off moves with ease, like in Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Stars taking on Philip Ko, he does a side flip off a crate, does a tornado kick, and ends it with a side kick to Ko's face all in one swift move.

So for me, it's a three-way tie.

Guest TheGrimReaper

It is a bit difficult to decide which one of the three is the best - in my opinion all of them deserve credits for their contributios to the martial arts industry. It would be great if Sammo choreographs the fights, Yuen Biao sharing the direction with Jackie Chan, and all three to participate in the movie...

Guest gorhama

Yuen Biao is easily my favorite of the "Three Brothers". His acrobatics, acting and fighting ability make him tops in my book. Sammo is a close second as he crafts interesting fight scenes and makes some of the most classic movies ever filmed.