Fake Ghost Catchers starring Hsiao Ho and Fu Sheng.

Guest will91XingYu

Guest will91XingYu

I'm a huge fan of Hsiao Ho and Lau Kar Leung films, i saw this but there are no reviews, so i was wondering what you guys think of this one? It also stars Sek Gong and Fu Shengs brother Cheng Pan, also another film i was wondering about is Tresure Hunters?

Thanks, will

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Whirlwind

I wasn`t expecting much from Fake Ghost Catchers but I quite liked it.There isn`t a lot of action but what there is is decent & the comedy is pretty funny too.It`s worth a look.

Treasure Hunters is great,get this one first.There are some excellent fights throughout & end fight is amazing with Fu Sheng,Cheng Pan,Wang Lung Wei & Yeung Jing Jing plus some wooden dummies.

Theres a trailer for it on this page ...

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/movie.asp?id=1107

Guest ironfistedmonk

Fake Ghost Catchers is an OK movie, I went into this with no preconceptions of it having much kung fu which it doesn't but it's an entertaining movie, Lily Li has a very brief bit of swordplay which left me gagging for more but alas no luck.

Treasure Hunters on the other hand is up there with the best of Shaw Bros IMO, Fu Sheng and his bro have a real chemistry in this movie and the supporting cast are all great but Yeung Jing Jing totally steals the show with her butterfly knives. Wilson Tong has a small role and gets one really good fight scene against Wang Lung Wei and Yeung Jing Jing, Hsiao Hou is not in it mate

Guest thundered mantis

I´m talking only about the action:

Fake Ghost Catchers it only has a fight, I´d say like 3 mins. It was good for me, but not among the best of Wang Lung Wei nor Hsiao Ho (who kinda takes backseat to Fu Sheng, which is bad for the action, IMO)

Treasure Hunters it has very good bits. Two or three so sort fights from Gordon Liu. And a fight and a half from Wilson Tong. Wilson fights that girl (never remember her name, she´s very good), a really elegant weapons fight. I´m no generally too keen on weaponry, but I really liked that fight, the highlight of the movie for me. The final showdown I don´t really like because it´s too comedic, no real skill shown.

So both are a bit sour taste, for wasting the cast; what they show is good, but much is bs

Guest will91XingYu

Thanks guys, i think i'll probably buy both. I've seen some of the Fake Ghost catchers end fight and it looks awesome. Thanks for the info on Treasure Hunters, i saw Wilson Tong in Shaolin Mantis yesterday i though it was a good film, not loads of hand to hand but the end fight is really cool.

Guest jmungus

get treasure hunters asap, as its a must-have.

skip FGC- watchable fluff, but completely irrelevant and rather dull, going nowhere kinda stuff. sub par on all accounts (thats not saying there werent any solid elements to VERY MILDLY entertain once in a while)

in fact, do whatever u please ;)

Guest will91XingYu

lol jmungus, thanks for the recomendation, i'll definatley pick up Tresure Hunters. If i find Fake Ghost catchers on the cheap i'll get it. Whats Cat vs Rat like?

Guest jmungus

hey, just the "right" person to talk to about.... :D

...as i happen to have a mild thingie for CvsR.

reasons: quirky, completely cartoonish characters, a few engaging quality fights with pops-style trademarks galore, some nicely designed, fun locations/stages (supporting the comic-feel of the movie) and overall, this (admittedly kinda messed up) movie isnt all THAT bad after all.

its nice to have in your collection to add to the general flavour of your shaws; makes for an okay diversion if shaw`s whats on your mind but youre not exactly in the mood for yet another CC type heroic bloodshed epic or overly complex and serious wuxia/fantasy capers.

that being said, it has some potential to being annoying and irritating. many jokes and scenarios dont quite manage to pull it off and the many CvsR haters we got on board here can probably tell u more about any concerns with this 'controversial' LKL fantasy-comedy-fu entry; so its over to them..............

Guest will91XingYu

Thanks a lot, i think i'll buy it, looks kind of different and weird and it has loads of cool people in it like Fu Sheng, Hsiao Ho, Wang Lung Wei, Lau Kar Wing and Wilson Tong! Oh yeh and Wang Lung Wei!

Archived