Shaolin Chastity Kung Fu

Guest Hermeskungfu

Guest Hermeskungfu

I just finished watching this and will put some clips up on YouTube at the weekend. I like Robert Tai films and think this has been underrated because of the lead role taken by the amazing kids in it. We are not used to watching pre-teens beat villains to bloody deaths in the West. But a mention for the good original music and the great villains who wear costumes (and hair styles) out of a surreal manga. The end fights are spectacular. Alexander Lo doesn't really do that much (though his fight with a cow at the beginning is a bit unusual) but Hilda Liu should have made more films. An offbeat film but I really enjoyed it.

Mine is the Magnificent Dragons Cinema Collection edition (bought on eBay) not the Wu Tang one. The editing and colours are a bit iffy at times but it is region 2 PAL for a change. No extras except a strange trailer that I think was produced for this edition as it ends very abruptly.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deathdunt

Although the common consensus is that this is a weak movie, I enjoy it alot. It's one of Lo Rei's earliest starring roles and Im a huge Lo Rei fan...It's a very easy to follow movie and a very fun one at that. It's rather wacky and cheap but thats how I perfer my kung fu!

On a Robert Tai kick again... Just watched this on a Saturn DVD with the title "Revenge of the Dragon 2". It is a full screen squeezed version, so if you set your wide TV to "stretch" mode it looks decent, except the colors are really washed out.

Love the costumes in this. Me and my kid were giving nicknames to all the baddies.

Is there a cleaner version, maybe with good color and wide? I saw a clip on YouTube that looked good. Don't know where it came from though.

Reel Power Stunts

I think the French dvd was fairly decent and wide. Pretty sure a good custom dvd is floating about with cleaned up image from French disc plus Eng dub.

I think the French dvd was fairly decent and wide. Pretty sure a good custom dvd is floating about with cleaned up image from French disc plus Eng dub.

Thanks, just saw the listing for the custom version. I'll DL it and check it out.

Archived