Which 50 Shaw Bros. Flicks Tops Them All?!

Guest da mischievous wingding

Sorry Bro but Killer Constable was terrible IMOP. I sold both digitally remastered versions I had for 4 bucks. Somebody gave me an extra one. I freakin hated that movie!!!!!! Fight scenes were garbage and choreography was sub par to say the least.

:yociexp107:Killer Constable is terrific!!

IMO there is nothing wrong with fights.Well,there is few flaws in scene where constables are in ring of fire,hardly anyone gets burned so easily and flames looked you can run or jump through them quite easily.+I did not like thing Kwong Young Moon followed CKT into water where his best weapons(kicks useless)..But I still rate it almost perfect movie:kiss:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry Bro but Killer Constable was terrible IMOP. I sold both digitally remastered versions I had for 4 bucks. Somebody gave me an extra one. I freakin hated that movie!!!!!! Fight scenes were garbage and choreography was sub par to say the least.

I didn't see what all the hype was about either. Not that it was terrible. There were some beautiful shots, but Chen Kuan Tai lacked intensitiy. The supporting cast was so-so. That ring of fire scene was supposed to be dramatic, but came off as very silly. Lo Lieh would have been a better Killer Constable, or Jimmy Wang Yu. Those guys could do a good stoic hero. Piao Piao was okay. I don't see how this is better than Ambush. I'd put Ambush ahead of Killer Constable just for the fact that at the end of Ambush the villian loses his leg in a fight on a windmill.

at the end of Ambush the villian loses his leg in a fight on a windmill.

:sad::sad::sad::sad:I was going to watch it tonight and now you ruined it:khi1h:

Those guys could do a good stoic hero.

Killer Constable was no hero. Not remotely. Deserved everything coming him at the end.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

i'm sorry, but Ambush dose'nt even touch Killer Constable, and Chen Kuan Tai vs Pai Piao then Ku Feng. The story as blunt as it is still provides more emotional range than Ambush could ever hope to. There really is no comparison. In short, Killer Constable buries Ambush. F@$% the fire scene. The cheese of this film begins and ends there. Besides there are so many cheesy Shaw films. To single any one out of the many one might love is pointless and hypocritical.

Some great choices there guys. I know Shaw Bros studio made many movies each year but does anybody know on average how many big budget films Shaw Brothers made per year?

Dirty Ho is surely amazing and original. The humor in it is not dumb or embarrasing like in many cheap kung fu flicks. Indeed, the whole movie is clever and inventive.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Killer Constable, OMG!!! The second half of the movie completely kicked my ass!!! Chen Kwan Tai mustache and giant sword alone is the price of admission!!!

Killer Constable, OMG!!! The second half of the movie completely kicked my ass!!! Chen Kwan Tai mustache and giant sword alone is the price of admission!!!

I hear you man the last scene was classic..all i gotta say is always wear helmets lol

Shaw Brothers is the probably film company with best quality, i mean damn they made so many great classics, i think that none in this world can say what is best Shaw`s movie. I`m curious what are your top 10 Shaws classics.

I can`t sort out which would be my top10..So many great titles would be left out..but I can point#1 of each "genre"

Fav Wuxia-Golden Swallow...Great cast,interesting storyline,lots of action/huge bodycount,simple but so nice music score and superb sets make this winner for me.

Fav kung~fu-5 shaolin masters.`nuff said

Fav Venoms-Masked Avengers

If i HAD to pick one it would probably be 8 Diagram Pole Fighter.

That's mine, too. I love that movie. Maybe Shaolin Intrudors is my second favourite.

I'm not sure of a top 50, but some of the top of my head that I really enjoyed are...

Masked Avengers

Five Superfighters (the end fight is so awesome, some of the comedy is as funny as a hanging)

House of Traps

Five Elemental Ninjas

Shaolin Temple

Opium and the Kung Fu Master

Mad Monkey Kung Fu

First ever shaws movie I saw was Crippled Avengers so thats definatley up there!

For me, there are three Shaw films that stand head and shoulders above all others as personal favorites:

1) King Boxer (5 Fingers of Death)

2) Crippled Avengers (Mortal Combat)

3) Legendary Weapons of China

Sure there are tons of others I can mention, but whenever I think of my very favorites from Shaw, these are the three that always pop up in my head.

This is not in any order but 50 of my favorites, There is still many highly rated Shaw flix I need to catch up on.

01 - 8 Diagram Pole Fighter

02 - Come Drink With Me

03 - Fist Of The White Lotus

04 - Crippled Avengers

05 - My Young Auntie

06 - King Boxer

07 - Five Deadly Venoms

08 - One Armed Swordsman

09 - Avenging Eagle

10 - 36 Chambers Of Shaolin

11 - Heroes Of The East

12 - Deadly Mantis

13 - Golden Knight

14 - Masked Avengers

15 - Iron Chain Assassin

16 - Challenge Of The Masters

17 - Kid With The Golden Arm

18 - Shaolin Intruders

19 - 3 Evil Masters

20 - Mad Monkey Kung Fu

21 - Return To The 36 Chambers

22 - Opium & The Kung Fu Master

23 - House Of Traps

24 - Chinese Super Ninjas

25 - Shaolin Temple

26 - The Flying Guillotine

27 - Dirty Ho

28 - Flag Of Iron

29 - Shaolin Prince

30 - Ten Tigers From Kwangtung

31 - Chinatown Kid

32 - Executioners From Shaolin

33 - 5 Shaolin Masters

34 - 4 Assassins

35 - Disciples Of The 36 Chamber

36 - Instructors Of Death

37 - Legendary Weapons Of China

38 - The Kung Fu Instructor

39 - Golden Swallow

40 - Men From The Monastery

41 - Human Lanters

42 - Return Of The One Armed Swordsman

43 - 2 Champions Of Shaolin

44 - Deadly Duo

45 - Boxer From Shantung

46 - Heroes Two

47 - Magnificent Ruffians

48 - Killer Clans

49 - Killer Army

50 - Shaolin & Wu Tang (Does this count?)

Archived