Legendary Weapons of China (1982)

Guest will91XingYu

Guest Iron_Jinon
yeah but how do you really feel?

ok,has been about 15 years since I saw movie 1st time and hailed by greatest martial arts movies of all time in book by ric meyers etc...by that time I was just entering into pleasuers of kung-fu flicks(remember videolaw here was very strict we needed to order expensive tapes from holland if want see good ones).and compared to chang chehs movies I had seen by them no contest,was really disappointed.

movie was letdown definitely.great fights but lack of violence and so-so storyline IMO it did not go for me when saw about same week "kid with the golden arm","secret rivals(ok not shawn prod but damn amazing)",eagles claw(again not shawn prod),and "challenge of the ninja<=2nd best movie liu made for shaws).no dvd no net was not able to get hold of things back then...but if I would see Legenrady Weapons today 1st time I still would not rate it high.I know there are persons who like more sympathy and closer to chinese traditions liu sifu films or those who are bloody and almost all get killed like in chang cheh films.I belong to latter camp

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hated the first half of this movie but loved the second half.

I think the main thing you can contribute to the end fight being so great is because it was two real life brothers going at it. That's the only reason it was able to work so flawlessly. It takes real life brothers who know each other so well to be 100% on the same page to pull that off.

3 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

Hated the first half of this movie but loved the second half.

I think the main thing you can contribute to the end fight being so great is because it was two real life brothers going at it. That's the only reason it was able to work so flawlessly. It takes real life brothers who know each other so well to be 100% on the same page to pull that off.

Well, the ending was pretty great! The build-up was good. Perhaps, the start was a little slow. But, "Pops" knew how to pull-off an ending, for sure. 

Archived