Wu Tang Ho's Thugs and Scrillah

Guest teako170

Guest teako170

Oh man. Is that a whack title or what??

Most know this one as "Snake In Eagle's Shadow 3" or "Battle Of Shaolin"

Pretty decent flick with Wong Tao, Angela Mao and Lo Lieh. You know for a chap who supposedly isn't a martial artist, Lieh certainly looks the part in the films he has made. Don't want to ruin that ending but ... ouch!

Here's a little taste of Angie doing her thing...

p6v3Q4j0Ix0

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teako170
I thought it was usually called BANDITS, PROSTITUTES AND SILVER. I quite liked it.
Yeah, another AKA. That's probably where Wu got their name concept from.

Guest jmungus

and heres me thinking it was probably best known by its aka "the damned". :rolleyes:

anyho`s thugs n scrillah, its a cool flick. recommended (kfc would feat. a review, but apparently its [temporarily?!?] disappeared).

Guest Whirlwind

Pretty good film this.Wong Tao showed some nice kicks & the fights were all good especially at the end.I always thought the ending was a bit abrupt & maybe there was something missing.I was expecting the little kid to help out like it was suggested but he never showed up.

Bandits,Prostitiutes & Silver is the most fitting title I think.

Guest Markgway
I thought it was usually called BANDITS, PROSTITUTES AND SILVER.

That's the original title from what I can gather.

It may have been released in HK as The Damned?

But those are the two main titles, I wouldn't bother with any of the others.

Guest kungfood

The version released by Crash Cinema, oddly titled Battle of Shaolin, has the ending part cut off, at least it is on mine. The Ho's, Thugs and Scrillah version has the whole movie except parts of the beginning, so Wu Tang could put their stupid new "title" to it. I'd like to just see it released fully remastered and kept whole and uncut. When I first saw it in '82, it was titled The Damned. IMO, one of Wang Tao's better acting roles, and of course, one more great villainous role in Lo Lieh's belt.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

"The version released by Crash Cinema, oddly titled Battle of Shaolin,"

Different flick right there. Bandits, Prostitutes, and Silver aka etc., is a completely different film from Battle Of Shaolin. You may be mixin sumthin up there. :)

Guest TheManInWhite

""The version released by Crash Cinema, oddly titled Battle of Shaolin,"

Different flick right there. Bandits, Prostitutes, and Silver aka etc., is a completely different film from Battle Of Shaolin. You may be mixin sumthin up there."

Actually, that is another AKA for this film. I know of at least 5 different titles for the same film. It can get a bit confusing. :confused:

Guest kungfood

I know that Crash Cinema used the title Battle of Shaolin for their release of Bandits, Prostitutes and Silver. But I'm certain there's probably a few films with "Battle of Shaolin" as the title. But Crash's version was copied from a partly broken, or cut-off (at the end) film. It was an inappropriate title to tack onto it, because it has nothing at all to do with the Shaolin temple or monks. The film itself stands well enough on its own.

Guest Markgway

The HKFA lists the film under BANDITS, PROSTITUTES, & SILVER and the only Chinese poster I could find also has that title.

Many sites do list the film as THE DAMNED though so it must've played somewhere as that.

It's a HK film so I'm inclined to go with the HKFA on this one.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

The HKFA lists the film under BANDITS, PROSTITUTES, & SILVER and the only Chinese poster I could find also has that title.

I'm pretty sure that's the original name of the film. Good film.

thedirtytiger

Can you post an image of your poster, DT?

I have the Thai poster and I have a pic of the HK poster and both say The Damned. That is the actual title. When Ocean Shores released it, they changed the title to Bandits Prostitutes And Silver which is an alternate translation of the headline in the Cinemart article.

Guest Markgway
I have the Thai poster and I have a pic of the HK poster and both say The Damned.

Any chance of posting it? I'll post the BANDITS one in a minute.

That is the actual title. When Ocean Shores released it, they changed the title to Bandits Prostitutes And Silver which is an alternate translation of the headline in the Cinemart article.

You're saying BANDITS is an Ocean Shores re-title? Can I ask what makes you think that?

Guest Markgway

Lol... now THAT is interesting.

The posters are almost identical except for the titles (English and Chinese) and use of colours.

Both are clearly the genuine article.

thedirtytiger

You'll notice that the chinese titles are also different. Ocean Shores retitled a lot of their releases which is why I think they changed the name ;)

Guest Markgway

Yes, I mentioned that both titles were different - the BANDITS title is closer to the working title though.

How can you tell which of the two (if any) has been "changed" by Ocean Shores?

Also I've never heard of OS going to the extent of replicating an original poster like that; unless you know different?

I'm not saying you're wrong, Tiger. I just wonder what evidence makes you SO certain The Damned is the ORIGINAL release title?

Archived