Donnie Yen and Tony Jaa meets up!!!

Guest Milkyway

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phaor!

Can you imagine the fight scene they would have if they were in the same movie! everyone would be fast forwarding just to see it.

Thanks for the heads up ^_^

Guest TheGrimReaper

It is a great news indeed - these two teaming up (or starring on the opposite sides) for a future project... Hope it won't take the same amount of time as the collaboration between Jackie Chan and Jet Li...

Guest Dragon Ma

Seeing these two trade fists onscreen would be awesome, if Donnie choreographs the fight, it might just be a classic. Only problem is, Tony will have to lose to Donnie.

Donnie still looks great, I'd say after watching Flash Point he still has 10 years of prime in him, age doesn't matter, physical conditioning does, these two guys are the real deal, all you hear out of Chan and Li is a bunch of crying - whawhawha"I don't want to do KF films anymore", good, don't.

I'd be the first one there to see these two guys go at it:D

Guest Yi-Long
Seeing these two trade fists onscreen would be awesome, if Donnie choreographs the fight, it might just be a classic. Only problem is, Tony will have to lose to Donnie.

I disagree. I'm not a huge fan of Donnie Yen's choreography, and I much prefer the choreography of Tom Yum Goong and Ong-Bak over pretty much everything Donnie Yen has been choreographing.

I like Donnie as a screenfighter, but as a director and/or fightchoreographer: meh! Too much 'wooshwoosh' hands, and trademark slowmo-spinning back kicks, and the recent obsession with grabs etc...

I'm not sure what to think of these guys working together. I like them both as screenfighters, and I have HUGE respect for Tony Jaa and how he really upped the stakes in this genre... but I do hope it will be a very good project where both guys will be used to their best abilities, and not just same lame Benny Chan crap-fest...

I liked that Tony Jaa really took his time on making his movies as good as they should (action-wise), and if he starts being in HK movies, we can call that luxery goodbye, cause in HK a movie needs to be made FAST.

So although it sounds kinda nice, I'm not 100% sure if it's a good thing. Really depends on how much the people involved are really willing to invest in this. Money, time, talent, etc.

BTW, Tony Jaa looks like a Phillipine teenage streethooker in that pic with Donnie.

Guest will91XingYu

I would love to see this! Tony Jaa is one of my faviroutes and so is Donnie Yen i loved Flashpoint, and Tony Jaa action wise is unstopable, i hope his films plot wise and filmaking wise are better than the Warrior King. lol Tony Jaa's hair looks kind of girly.

Guest Tigerstyles

Jaa takes 7 years to make 2 movies.. i myself would rather have one a year at least.. Donnie rocks.. his skills are only respected by martial artists

Guest Milkyway
I like Donnie as a screenfighter, but as a director and/or fightchoreographer: meh! Too much 'wooshwoosh' hands, and trademark slowmo-spinning back kicks, and the recent obsession with grabs etc...

at least it's alot more interesting than watching Jaa in one-sided fights.:)

Archived