Venoms vs. Lau Kar Leung's crew?

Guest will91XingYu

Guest will91XingYu

Yeh definatley, theres that bit in Warriors two, where he fioghts Meng Hoi and Chin Yuet Sang and he flips and tumbles out the way of theyre swords!

gravedigger666
The story is a bit one-sided since I'm only aware of Robert Tai's version.

Anyway, according to Tai, he was approached one night by Pops, Wilson Tong and Wong Yu. Allegedly they were upset by comments made by Run Run and Mona Fong in that the V-boys and CC were making multiple pictures to Pop's one. A fight never actually happened. They had words but thats all.

This was all detailed in a Toby Russell interview (who is good friends w/ Tai) back in the 90s in an Eastern Heroes zine.

In Eastern Heroes Special Edition#3 is article by Toby Russell about men behind the masks.

Toby wrote "studio executives chua lam and mona fong were very pleased with the speed at which taiwanese work force could churn out quality pictures and memos were sent to LCL telling him to buck up his ides-these guys were making 4 pictures to his 1.This upset liu and fight between 2 groups actually occured.According to Robert Tai,Venoms won.

IF fight happened,I believe venoms won:D.With Lo,Lu and Kwok,impossible to lose.

• Like 1

sorry that is utter bollocks..

first of all the fight never happened...none of them would ever risk their careers of some bs..and all of the venoms called LKL Sifu..not because he was their teacher but out of respect cos they knew his background.And in the meanwhile I found out one of the Venoms was a southern mantis practicioner...which is a very good style.

• Like 1

That would be my main man Lo Meng. The style is mostly internal, and you can often see him practicing with proper breathing techniques in his movies, particulary in Invincible Shaolin. Anyways, like you said Franky, it is a bit hard to believe that they would get into a fight over something like that. I would have thought they had all learned something about restraint while training.

• Like 1

gravedigger666

I got hold of Issue#6 teako is referring.However this time article says there was no fight.Just some argue with Liang,Tong and Yue.

Why in issue#3 toby wrote(according to tai)fight did happen and venoms won no idea.Maybe he had 2nd++hand info then or misunderstanding??

• Like 1

My fave bit from that Robert Tai/Toby Russell interview is where Tai states that he was always getting into fights on behalf of Li Yi Min 'cos Min loves to sleep with other men's wives!

I have this image in my head of Li Yi Min doing an acrobatic flip out of some woman's window with his trousers down whilst Robert Tai has to fend off some pissed off husband!

I agree with FrankyLau - the chances of an actual fight occuring between the two camps is slim at best, as neither one would want to risk any serious injury.

But who knows?

• Like 1

As Mr. Vampire said, only three of the Venoms trained in Opera and that would be Philip Kwok, Chiang Sheng, and Lu Feng.

Lo Meng studied Mantis style and Sun Chien was a tae kwon do black belt.

It's interesting to hear more new stuff, but I somewhat agree with Markgway...I mean Tai may be exaggerating a bit considering he worked mainly with the V-Crew and not Lau's team. I would love to hear Lau's side of the story.

• Like 1

Cognoscente
On 3/31/2008 at 12:58 PM, Karlos said:

My fave bit from that Robert Tai/Toby Russell interview is where Tai states that he was always getting into fights on behalf of Li Yi Min 'cos Min loves to sleep with other men's wives!

It's a wonder that Li Yi-Min didn't get killed by Triads. The Taiwan and HK film industries were infested with Triads to such a degree that Li was bound to have either slept with a Triad's wife or a friend's wife.

• Like 3