City of Violence Good? Bad?

Guest waywardsage

Guest waywardsage

I just bought City of Violence on a whim. Just curious if any one has seen it. Is it good? Worth owning? or is it a rental? What films would you say its like? I like a variety of old and new martial arts films.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldeschool17

id say its a rental at best. Beautiful shots, lots of action, but poor plot and character development. Isnt this the film that Kill Bill stole from? or is that the other way around? On a scale of 1-10, i give it a 6.

I liked it. Some good action sequences. No to give anything away but there was a particular scene that was totally Tarantino-esque. You'll know it when you see it. Enjoy.

Guest kinetik

Its okay. I would have advised to rent it first. It's entertaining as a whole, but I found it disappointing as a martial arts film; I mean I'm sure there was nice choreography-the problem is you can't see it. The action sequences are often framed too close and the editing is so fast you can't really see most of whats going on. You'd think that with the main actors doing tae kwon do the least they could do is shoot from a wide enough angle for a long enough time so that you could appreciate the great kicks.

But to quote my hero LeVar Burton "You don't have to take my word for it..."

honestly i thought it was a pretty decent film and i could easily tell that the main leads were both more adapt and better at fighting groups then just having 1 on 1 fights so they stuck to that

City Of Violence, When I bought this movie (simply for the purpose to see Doo-hong Jung pwn noobs) I thought it was an immense movie, perfect fight scenes, well put together script and I totally enjoyed my first viewing of it.

When I watched it over and over again, I got rather bored and just skipped to the fight scenes. It is an awesome film.

I'd recommend that you rent it before you buy it, because mine was rather pricey from HMV.

Guest will91XingYu

I loved this one, the guy who raids the police station is in his own film coming out soon i think. Sorry i don't know anymore about it. The end fight was cool, especially the bits with the knives, i liked it becuase it was visually excitting as well, and it was funny in places.

Guest JohnnieFreeze

This flick was cool...good news about "the guy who raids the police station being is in his own film" as that fight scene alone made this flick worth seeing.

Archived