Japamese DVDs?

Guest June

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I'm looking for DTS titles. I have a surround system and the sound from region 3 DVDs sound much better than our region 1 (ntsc) disc. So I thought if dddhouse has more DTS title than us (USA), then the Japanese may have a few more.

Guest Yakuza954

Try Amazon Japan or CD Japan. Japanese DVD's are usually very high quality but also very expensive (most expensive I've ever seen) and almost never subbed.

Guest Le Péril Jaune

If customs in your country aren't too strict or thorough, you can also try HMV Japan (http://www.hmv.co.jp), they usually have multiple buy discounts (25% off 2-3 discs) and their service is superb.

Unfortunately I've had to stop using them as they only ship by EMS so Danish customs always get them (the EMS envelopes and labels are easy to spot I guess), other companies like Yesasia and CDjapan end up cheaper even though their prices are much higher.

I had bought the Region 2 DVD of Muscle Heat from YesAsia.com for $41.00. I sold that one to Book-Off in favor of the Region 1 DVD from Media Blasters and I was surprised to see they used a quote from my website to help promote the movie. I sent an e-mail thanking them hehehe...guess that's the kind of guy I am.:)

Archived