Red Sun/ Dragon Dynasty

Guest Sandpalm79

Guest Sandpalm79

So today I bought Red Sun's Shaolin Master killer and King boxer from Dragon Dynasty. I haven't watched king boxer yet but watched shaolin master killer and put it side by side with the IVL 36th chamber from celestial. they look almost identical! Did red sun acquire the rights to the celestial remasters? if not how could it look that good>?

Also i know its prob been stated but the dragon dynasty has the celestial logo, does this mean this is 100% as good quality as the celestial releases in hong hong but now with english dubs? Basically the Amercian release? How does this differ from image then? Little confused..

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Morgoth

Sandpalm you must not be watching on a big screen TV. The picture quality is is not identical for Shaolin Master Killer. At least 90% of the time the pic quality for Red Sun/Panmedia is inferior. The pirate is not exactly a professional.

Guest Sandpalm79

Hey Morgoth, no i did not see them on a big television and just read the majority of the link you sent me.. so it seems that panmedia is red sun or is the father company? ok ill try to stay away from them.. but where does that leave dragondnyasty:

1. Is dragon dynasty legal or bootleg?

2. Watched dragon dynasty "king boxer" now this looks almost better than ivls! So how would this look on a big television, in other words is the dragon dynasty identical quality as the celestial considering they bear the official logo?

Guest Morgoth

Dragon Dynasty is legit. Panmedia and Red Sun are the same company (bootleg company that is). I am glad you found this site Sandpalm. You will learn a lot. :)

Guest oldeschool17

dragon dynasty and Image are legit companies that have rights to release region 1 dvds. So far, Dragon Dynasty has released shaw brothers movies that include the english dubs, but I believe most of their subtitles are the same ones used by IVL. Celestial Pictures is the company that has all the ownership of the Shaw Brothers catalogue but licenses movies out to IVL, Dragon Dynasty, Image, and so forth. IVL, Dragon Dynasty, or Image, I believe, will than take those films and remaster/convert them accordingly(I believe thats right) . You will never see any dubs associated with the IVL releases. Ok morgoth, your turn or better yet if sifu Linn steps in, he can give you even more info

Guest Sandpalm79

Thanks guys! So i have read of these issues with image, and how they messed up the conversion, and things get a bit blurry. I sometimes wish i wouldn't know all this cause i watched image's water margin and it looked perfect!! Anyways, does dragon dynasty have the image transfer conversion problem? Cause I watched king boxer and no doubt this was the best print ive ever seen! ( may have to do with my region 1 player having component cables and the region 0 doesn't , just rca's)

The Dragon Dynasty releases come from HD masters, meaning they are about two steps above the IVL releases. Currently, the only companies with the rights to release Shaw Brothers films from Celestial are DD, Image, and Media Blasters.

Guest Sandpalm79

Linn.. could you explain more? HD masters why wouldnt IVL use these too? I mean the king boxer looked INCREDIBLE. YOu could see the light gleaming like it was recently released movie. If you could explain what an HD master is and why IVL didnt use them too. I mean IVL are still top notch right?

Guest oldeschool17

IVL is lazy and cheap. Dragon Dynasty takes the process a little bit more serious than they do. Take a look at the content and pic quality of Dragon Dynasty and compare that to IVL and you will see. IVL just doesnt give a shit and wanted to rush the product out there as fast as possible to cash in. However, in certain cases, they are a the only legit option for many unreleased or watchable versions out there. If theres any companies you should support, it should be Dragon Dynasty and Media Blasters. Supposedly, after this December, you wont have the "luxury" of getting any more IVL releases.

Guest Sandpalm79

Hey Linn what is the HD master ?and why wouldn't celestial have access? considering dragon dynasty is an smaller companay and clestial shelled out millions.. and also didnt celestial give the prints to DD.. i'm just a little confused.. if anyone could clarify

Guest Killer Meteor

Celestial made the transfers

IVL, the company who distributes the DVds in HK, got versions that were PAL-NTSC. This explains the mild blurring.

Dragon Dynastys are new transfers

Guest Sandpalm79

to anyone who could explain this:

so was the transfer for IVL:

HD master >PAL> NTSC

and then dragon dynasty is

HD master> NTSC?

and thats why it looks better? Im having trouble understanding this a little if anyone could break it down, also why they did this.

Either way I think im a glass half full guy, but while celestial could have done better, Whenever I watch these IVL remasters, I think they look awesome!!!! so clear and crisp

HD master >PAL> NTSC

and then dragon dynasty is

HD master> NTSC?

That's my understanding. As to why, like I said, the only thing I can think of is that IVL wasn't given the option. The reason I say that, is because I know other companies weren't.

5 Element Boxer

The only Red Sun DVD I bought (Eight Diagram Pole Fighter) is crappy. The picture is on par with the Celestial remastered version, but they messed up the English dub audio. There are a lot of scenes where the sound is a second or two off.

Archived